The Wishlist: Gloom

Ashley Esqueda

Jan 15, 2013
Gloom

For that special person in your life that needs just a little more macabre morbidity.

Watch Video

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
For those too lazy to search for the tab;etop video themselves, here it is
It seems to be really fun coming up with different stories for the various modifiers and events.

Kapol

Watch the spinning tails...
May 2, 2010
Oh Gloom... I played this for the first time a while back. It was on the train coming home from PAX East. We ended up making a very odd story of murderous clown midgets who used darks arts to do horrible things. We... were odd people, and it was 2 in the morning at that point.

Varya

Elvish Ambassador
Nov 23, 2009
I love it, there is actually an entire Cthulhu Gloom set with their own families that I own and it is awesome.
It's super simple and you can explain it and start playing in 5 mins so it's a great thing to carry with you so you can break the ice with new people quickly.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
This seems like a lot of fun.
Got to check out where I could pick the game up, never even heard of it.

Daedrin

Apr 17, 2010
Definitely A-tier tabletop fun-times. Our group owns it and assuredly enjoys it whenever we bring it out.

Mayamellissa

Dec 3, 2011
Burton-esque? Charles Addams aka creator of the Addams family this looks more like. He was and still is king of Macabre humor.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
This game is incredibly fun to play with storytelling pals. The cards are things like "pursued by poodles", and crafting a story that weaves together all the events is both hilarious and challenging. One of my all-time favorites.

carpathic

Oct 5, 2009
Loved this series and I may just check out this game. I am not normally huge into table-top gaming, but I find a lot of things about this to be attractive - I love some of the ideas behind it..

thanks for the heads up on this!

Jun 23, 2008
Look out for Cthulhu Gloom which is a tighter game in which they learned all the lessons from making the Gloom expansions. And besides which you get to fiddle around with Lovecraftian horrors from the get-go.

238U