The Wishlist: HTC One

cynicalsaint1

Salvation a la Mode
Apr 1, 2010
Is there more than one version of the HTC One? Because that's what I have I'm not sure it has the features you mentioned, its also about a year old.

That said, I'm not terribly happy with mine, the camera is nice but by far my favorite Android phone I've had so far is the G2.

Why oh why must everyone hate hardware keyboards, the software ones are such shit! The HTC One's struck me as particularly awful. Also the wireless and bluetooth on mine is really finicky.

redknightalex

Elusive Paragon
Aug 31, 2012
cynicalsaint1 said:
Is there more than one version of the HTC One? Because that's what I have I'm not sure it has the features you mentioned, its also about a year old.

That said, I'm not terribly happy with mine, the camera is nice but by far my favorite Android phone I've had so far is the G2.

Why oh why must everyone hate hardware keyboards, the software ones are such shit! The HTC One's struck me as particularly awful. Also the wireless and bluetooth on mine is really finicky.
The HTC One has only been out since last month, irrc, but there have been various HTC One "Various Letter Here", like the HTC One S, HTC One X, HTC One X+, and probably another I'm forgetting. Those are all a bit older so you probably have one of those phones. And the newest, or only, HTC One has an all aluminum body which I'm sure that you would notice right off the bat.

I'm going to be getting a new Android phone in the next few weeks and the One has been on my list since before it was released. I keep looking at the S4, and probably won't make a firm decision until I'm in an AT&T store, but the One is the phone I'm currently stuck on. It's new, it's different, and my last HTC phone served me well. But, we'll see.

FinalDream

[Insert Witty Remark Here]
Apr 6, 2010
I have this phone, it's pretty good, the usual smartphone battery life but the low light shots are fantastic - although I can't say how good compared to a Windows Nokia phone as I have never used one. Great for on a night out. Since my 3G data plan is unlimited I have it hooked up to my 75GB dropbox account for extra storage. Combined with my internal storage, more than I will ever need.

mxfox408

Pee Eye Em Pee Daddy
Apr 4, 2010
I had an HTC Rezound and it was a decent phone but it seems to be the last HTC phone on Verizon that had removable storage and batteries. the fact that HTC phones are no longer coming with removable batteries or SD Cards as well as HTC's horrible track record regarding updates and that for me is a deal breaker as I use my Quite heavily and if I cannot swap a battery when I'm in a pinch or have the storage using a SD card which if you drop your phone in water or severely damage it you cannot remove the storage like you can in Samsung phones...... Sorry I think it's a nice phone but I'll have to roll with a Galaxy S4 which also has a 1080p Screen and besides that the HTC one is not even on my network(Verizon) even if so I cannot go with a phone that currently has less than 32gb of storage with no expandable options. then HTC wonders why it's company is in trouble.

PoolCleaningRobot

Mar 18, 2012
Smilomaniac said:
It looks pretty rad, although a tad large. The Zoe(spell?) feature seems like a genius idea.

I approve of the lack of brand fanboyism so far. I've stuck with iphones for a while now, but I love playing with the galaxies and HTC's out there and see the different approaches to things.
I agree. The Galaxy S4, HTC One, and iPhone 5 are all great phones that appeal to different people's sensibilities. I hate it when I look up phone reviews and the comments are arguing that one of the phones is "clearly better"

faefrost

Jun 2, 2010
I looked at this one, but ended up going with the Galaxy S4 instead. The MicroSD slot was one of the deal breakers.

ExtraDebit

Jul 16, 2011
Being able to remove batteries, SD slots and a moddable more open os are the main selling point of andriod phones.........and HTCone don't have 2/3 of those. I think I'll stick with my iphone 5. It's also sad that there are SOOOOOO many andriod phones with hardware much more powerful than iphones but they have no games or softwares that take advantage of it.

Where's my infinity blade for andriod? It seems like gaming on phones is like xbox vs ps2 all over again, andriod got more powerful hardware but iphones got better games.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
Getting one for my bday in a week, can't wait for this~ I did extensive research between the S4 and the One (the S4 being my previous phone choice), and this one came out ontop. Looks epic :3

mattaui

Oct 16, 2008
When it was time to upgrade my iPhone 4, I decided to pick up a Samsung S4 because, you know SD card and battery and things that seemed like they were a big deal (even though I hadn't had those on any of my prior smartphones, which were all iPhones).

I wound up returning the Samsung and eating a $35 restocking fee because I was so dissatisfied with it, picked up an HTC One instead and haven't looked back. The biggest problem I had with the Samsung, other than mediocre build quality and a laggy interface, was that it has a real hard time driving low impedence headphones and I would get crackling in my music. It reminded me how spoiled I'd been with the pretty darn good (I know it's not great) music quality from my iPhone. The HTC One seems fairly close to my iPhone 4's music quality, and I haven't noticed any crackling. With the 'Beats' sound I find it a tad bass heavy at times, but it's not overwhelming.

I don't game on my phone, or use unusual apps. I read email, check Twitter and browse the web - but most importantly I listen to a whole lot of music, mostly via Spotify. I wanted to give Android a chance and the HTC One seems like a great piece of hardware and substantially better than my experience with the Samsung S4. I suppose time will tell if it makes me want to stick with Android or go back to Apple when the time comes.