The Wishlist: Logitech G930

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
I have one of these. It's awesmoe, although I haven't found a good use for the G keys on it yet (seriously, on the headset? The ones on my G19 keyboard and G-somethingoranother MMO mouse weren't enough?).

Rangarig

Dragon in disguise
Apr 19, 2010
I have had a G35 for ages now and love it. Quality, sound, and features are excellent. The software can be a little wilful sometimes, but generally works well.

Unfortunately the "cushy padding" does wear through after extensive use, and Logitech does not provide/sell replacement pads. Since the G930 has identical ear pads, I am guessing it suffers from the same problem. Just something to keep in mind.

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
I have these, and the only problem I have is that they can randomly do some weird shit. A few times I've been playing/watching something with the headphones charging and they'll start up a feedback loop that takes maybe ten minutes and a lot of pressing of the power button to go away.

But still, they're really solid headphones. From my limited time working with audio with them they have a good balance, too, my last pair rocked the bass but had no midrange and these are pretty consistent.

EDIT: And since the padding goes over your ears they're super comfortable.

Tisiphone1

Doing Science
Dec 27, 2011
I have a pair of these and I love them. I can listen to podcasts anywhere in my house, they're super comfortable for hours even with my glasses, and the battery life is great. I've moved since I got them and my speakers are still packed, now I just use the headset all the time. Completely worth the price tag.

Frezzato

Oct 17, 2012
Damn, way cheaper than my Turtle Beach PX5, although the PX5 will also work with PS3/360. The Logitech G930 can charge via USB though, which is a better solution than having to use rechargeable batteries all the time like I do. The PX5 has cushy cloth covers too.

Sanders

Jan 15, 2013
I had a pair of these, but i had so many problems with the software and got next to no help from the Logitech team, ended up just sending them back. If you wanted this headset there is a wire version that has a lot fewer reported problems

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
It's kind of annoying to have a 30 second advert playing when the video only lasts 2 minutes, but other than that it was quite fun.

Aaron Sylvester

Jul 1, 2012
As usual I will say that those seeking truly decent sound quality (and not wishy-washy "gaming" quality) should go for a set of stereo headphones manufactured by a renowned headphone company, e.g. Audio Tecnica AD700's [http://www.amazon.com/Technica-ATH-AD700-Open-air-Audiophile-Headphones/dp/B000CMS0XU] or Sennheiser HD558's [http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-558-Headphones/dp/B004FEEY9A/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1362679920&sr=1-1&keywords=hd558] (there are others as well) and use an independent microphone like Zalman ZM-Mic1 [http://www.amazon.com/Zalman-Zm-Mic1-Sensitivity-Headphone-Microphone/dp/B00029MTMQ/ref=pd_sim_e_2] or Logitech USB Desktop Mic [http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Labtec-Desktop-Microphone-600/dp/B000O7K4LO/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1362680000&sr=1-3&keywords=logitech+usb+desktop]

Don't get me wrong, the G930 is a proven contender. But it can't even come close to the audio quality of the above headphones.

Justin Smith

May 13, 2010
It would be nice to have more then one product for these.
It seem's pointless to watch a whole video, along with an ad to see just one product I have so far always known about in the first place.

ASnogarD

Jul 2, 2009
A bit of feedback for the presenter ... try improve the delivery of the jokes, it sounded like you were reading columns from a stock exchange ticker.

oh my boyfriend came into the room as said it has been 2 days since you have showered or seen daylight and I am getting worried about you and in Tokyo the index has risen by 3% the ghdj 55 units and the dasd by 4 % the fds has had a loss off 434 units clearing the loss lead factor percentage at 34 units.

*yawn*

... otherwise not too bad, but light on technical information perhaps toss in some comments about how it compares to its market or rather than do a show on a single piece you may be better off comparing a few similar items and helping your viewers make a informed choice rather than a commercial for one item.

socialmenace42

May 8, 2010
nooooooooooope. Have Triton Warheads. Basically this but for the Xbox 360 and way sexier. It's true though, once you have 7.1 surround you view even the sounds of the real world with disdain...

Valagetti

Good Coffee, cheaper than prozac
Aug 20, 2010
FargoDog said:
Oh hey, The Escapist is continuing to produce infomercials.
I guess your right, it is an advertisement, but it doesn't mean that it is not informative. I have the headset and she forget to mention that it is the best headset for more bang, buck thing. Merely cause it competes with fancy expensive brands, eg: turtle beach, that make their products expensive due to 'branding'. But at least this episode was much more useful than the zombie tarot deck...
(Yes I realize my first two statements both make a double negative, go easy on me I just woke up.)

SpAc3man

Jul 26, 2009
Was looking at these once but I went for the Corsair Vengeance 2000 wireless headset instead.
It has some nice big 50mm drivers vs the G930's 40mm drivers. This gives it better response for the low to mid frequency ranges. The mic gets auto muted when you swing the boom up which is a very nice feature and better than a button in my opinion.

Pessimismus

Nov 9, 2009
Until quite recently I've had a G35 which I was really happy with. Unfortunately the cord got stuck around my chair and as I tried to stand up (unaware of the problem), it got yanked off of my head an the left earpiece broke off. I tried to fix it but ultimately had to give up.

After that I decided to try the G930, hoping to avoid the cord problems in the future. So far, I am very much content with my purchase, it pretty much offers all of the features of my G35 but it lets me wander around most of the house with my music still playing. It's expensive but if you have the funds, the G930 is totally worth it in my opinion. Then again, all of my PC accessoires are from Logitech so I might be a tad biased.