The Wishlist: Logitech G930

The Lugz

Apr 23, 2011
sorry, but no.

go get yourself:
http://www.sennheiser.co.uk/uk/home_en.nsf/root/private_headphones_dj-headphones_004974

and plug it into
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=SC-005-AS&groupid=701&catid=11&subcat=

and you have the best consumer audio on your block
the sheer clarity and accuracy of both devices will let you hear things you never heard before
thank me later.

and if you have money to burn, get these:
http://www.sennheiser.co.uk/uk/home_en.nsf/root/private_headphones_hifi_audiophile-headphones_500319

the best headphones on the planet.

mrhateful

True Gamer
Apr 8, 2010
One thing you should know before grabbing this thing is, the ear cushions are leather which makes the headset very unconformable. Go for headset that use cloth instead its way better doing longer time of playing.

Personally my favorites are the sennheiser G4ME but there are probably plenty more good headsets out there

Gardenia

Oct 30, 2008
I had one of these. The microphone felt loose, and the whole headset came apart as I was wearing it. A lot of other users on the website I bought it on complained about the same kind of issues, the construction quality is not that good.
The sound is quite good though, and although the software is kinda crap, it gets the job done mostly.

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
I only care about one thing: will it last more than 8 months before one of the ears goes out?

I've never bought earbuds, headphones, headsets, etc that lasted over 8 months; and I've bought LOTS.

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
For people that want to look at some actual good options for headphones for gaming, check out Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide. [http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479/mad-lust-envys-headphone-gaming-guide-updated-3-5-13-akg-q701-minor-update] Lots of headphones compared as well as surround devices to go with them. Much more informative than this video, which covers just a single product with little in the way of objectivity.

Destal

Jul 8, 2009
I have the G930's for a while and I absolutely love them. Well worth the money spent for me. I've never had a single issue with them.

The Lugz

Apr 23, 2011
doggie015 said:
The Lugz said:
Not everyone has ALL TEH MONIEZ EVAH

The headphones seen in this episode of the wishlist are a good option for people who have a limited supply of money and actually need to worry about being able to afford stuff like food, water and a house. If you are looking for an even more budget friendly option then the Logitech G330 provides rather decent sound quality at a price that will not cost you your food for the week!
pricing changes daily, so it's basically pointless but i'll google that for you:

http://www.accessoryjack.com/sennheiser-hd280pro-dynamic-stereo-headphones-black.html

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003U55WWS/ref=asc_df_B003U55WWS12253999?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&tag=googlecouk06-21&linkCode=asn&creative=22206&creativeASIN=B003U55WWS

cheapest i could find from a store ( ie, not ebay because.. auction.. der? )

so my original suggestion is actually cheaper!

the hd800's are for audiophiles, as i said only suitable for people that have cash to burn

a sound-card is recommended for anyone with a headset, headsets are not speakers and require
cleaner sound because you're less than a centimetre from the speaker at times and you'll hear
electrical interference from the motherboard that will murder resonance

if you want some soundcard buying advice, avoid creative/soundblaster
they have massive driver issues and you don't get
'real' sound it's mixed and that ruins the clarity

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
I've got turtlebeach x12s right now and they're alright. I'm sure they're gonna crap out eventually so perhaps i'll look into getting these.

karoliso

Apr 14, 2009
Talk about video advertisements. The acting/reading off a piece of paper is really, really bad (borderline cringe-inducing).

I cannot see this benefiting anyone, apart from the people who got paid to make it.

Hey, maybe the Escapist can partner up with QVC?

Jiefu

May 24, 2010
Ugh, I hate this headset. I could never get it to stop trying to crush my head. I just ended up switching to a regular (but decent quality) pair of headphones and a lav mic.

Twinmill5000

Nov 12, 2009
The best pair of headphones* I had were and are the Sennheiser HD205s. The sound was crisp and pristine, and they were loud.

I watched this video from a G930, however. Why? Well, despite my username in most games (HipsterMorgana), I'm not a Hipster and can sacrifice a tiny bit of ergonomic design and sound quality (3hz range. Volume took some getting used to; G930's more suited for gaming versus music), for the ability to get up, and walk around my room without tripping over any wires. The microphone's better than anything else I've seen in a headset, it's got alot of nice features (the light, the boom-raise-mute), and more importantly, I can wear them for 24 hours straight without any discomfort, plus, you don't need everything to be super loud anyway.

So, just because a product is popular, by all means, doesn't mean it's mediocre. I know Sennheiser makes good products, yeah, they do. They're, and this is important here, for audio production though, not gaming. Also. Wireless. These things could sound like a 10 dollar pair of Koss' from Wal-Mart and I would still use them. It's a huge freedom to be able to get up and make food without being all 'lol, brb gotta do life shit' in voice chat. Also, can't beat 80 bucks on Amazon. I believe they're on sale often, and they run the same software as other logitech products, so it's nice and clean on your OS.

Sorry if that's ranty. I have to counter the above elitism bashing the product I love with my own elitism defending it.

EDIT: Also, they're durable. They've fallen off my chair when I'm not using them about once a week for the 6 months I've owned them. Nothing's loose, nothing cracked, the design looks sturdy, very few weak spots, etc. I mean, I won't take them to work and jam to some macho 80's tunes in these, but I probably wouldn't do that to either of my Sennheisers anyway.

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
While I am not in any position to be lecturing other people on what to do on their shows...please, have an opinion! Do a review! This is an advertisement. The presentation's a bit wooden but I can deal with that, it'll come with time. What I can't deal with is praise tempered with nothing, for two minutes. I thought you were trying to present a product honestly, not sell it to us. There are relevant complaints in this very thread, on the first page, that could have been brought up, and some comments that would take longer than the video runs to read aloud.

Sep 11, 2009
Aaron Sylvester said:
As usual I will say that those seeking truly decent sound quality (and not wishy-washy "gaming" quality) should go for a set of stereo headphones manufactured by a renowned headphone company, e.g. Audio Tecnica AD700's [http://www.amazon.com/Technica-ATH-AD700-Open-air-Audiophile-Headphones/dp/B000CMS0XU] or Sennheiser HD558's [http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-558-Headphones/dp/B004FEEY9A/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1362679920&sr=1-1&keywords=hd558] (there are others as well) and use an independent microphone like Zalman ZM-Mic1 [http://www.amazon.com/Zalman-Zm-Mic1-Sensitivity-Headphone-Microphone/dp/B00029MTMQ/ref=pd_sim_e_2] or Logitech USB Desktop Mic [http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Labtec-Desktop-Microphone-600/dp/B000O7K4LO/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1362680000&sr=1-3&keywords=logitech+usb+desktop]

Don't get me wrong, the G930 is a proven contender. But it can't even come close to the audio quality of the above headphones.
Hey, I'm sitting here with the HD 598s and a dedicated headphone amp and DAC. "Gaming" headseats can't even come close.

LittleMikey

Renegade
Aug 31, 2009
I've had a G35, which broke after a few months, and a G930. The wireless signal on the G930 kept cutting out, it would drop out for 5-10 seconds, it would beep, and reconnect. This really frustrated me, since it was happening so often and after about six months of trying to preposition my room to reduce interference, and lots of frustration updating drivers and things, Logitech agreed to refund me the headset.

Instead I purchased an Astro A50, and I really love it. Sound quality is great, wireless is working brilliantly, and it hasn't broken after having it for several months, which for me is a great thing.

The A50 does cost more then the G930, but the fact my sound doesn't drop out every five minutes means I can finally listen to stuff.

Ashley Esqueda

Jan 15, 2013
MeChaNiZ3D said:
While I am not in any position to be lecturing other people on what to do on their shows...please, have an opinion! Do a review! This is an advertisement. The presentation's a bit wooden but I can deal with that, it'll come with time. What I can't deal with is praise tempered with nothing, for two minutes. I thought you were trying to present a product honestly, not sell it to us. There are relevant complaints in this very thread, on the first page, that could have been brought up, and some comments that would take longer than the video runs to read aloud.
Since we shoot episodes a few weeks in advance, all I can say is we're working on this, along with some other suggestions (I did add music to the show to help the pacing, and the episode I shot this week mentions who the specific product ISN'T for).

Comparisons are HARD for this particular show, because I produce, write, edit, and shoot the entire show in my house, every week. Chasing down PR reps is much harder than it probably seems from the outside; in fact, I can genuinely say that the first... 4 products on The Wishlist were purchased by me (with the exception of the Sifteo Cubes, which belong to Susan). I bought the G930s well over a year ago.

I will admit, I couldn't help but laugh at the guy who said I sounded like a stock ticker, because that story actually happened after a very long bout of powerleveling when WotLK came out.

TLDR: I'm giving it all I got, captain! Give us time to make adjustments and listen to you!