The Witcher 3 Blood And Wine "Better Than The Main Game", Says Writer

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
The Witcher 3 Blood And Wine "Better Than The Main Game", Says Writer

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1187/1187180.jpg
Blood And Wine will be the last adventure of Witcher Geralt.

So we can all agree that Blood and Wine [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/the%20witcher%203%20wild%20hunt?os=the+witcher+3+wild+hunt] will be even better than the base game. Guess that dashes the hopes of any developer hoping to sang some Game of the Year awards in 2016, hey?

In an interview with Only SP [http://www.eurogamer.it/articles/2016-01-10-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-cosi-nasce-un-capolavoro-intervista]), Szamalek says that his team has taken all of the feedback from The Witcher 3 in stride, and in applying it to Blood and Wine, believes he "has achieved something even better than the main game."

Going into a bit more detail, Szamalek says one of things CD Projekt Red wanted to do for the expansion was to create a more "charismatic enemy" for Geralt to face, as well as develop a more complex story they believe "players will appreciate."

According to the writer, this will be Geralt's last adventure (at least from CD Projekt Red), as once Blood and Wine has shipped, all hands at the studio will turn their attention to Cyberpunk 2077 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/cyberpunk%202077?os=%20cyberpunk%202077].

[gallery=5421]

Blood And Wine will launch "in the first half of 2016" [http://store.steampowered.com/app/355880/], and is included in the game's $29.99 expansion pass, as well as being available for an (as of yet undisclosed) stand-alone price.

Source: Only SP [http://www.eurogamer.it/articles/2016-01-10-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-cosi-nasce-un-capolavoro-intervista])

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
well, this means that the main game in the enhanced version will be better or improved. like they did with part 2. so, more reason for me to wait before i buy the game.

Abomination

Dec 17, 2012
I mean, I love almost everything about CD Projekt but am always skeptical when one of the developers claims their product will be good.

It's not as though they're going to say "Oh, it'll be shit" and you can trust their view to be impartial.

That said, haven't been let down by anything so far.

FirstNameLastName

Premium Fraud
Nov 6, 2014
Abomination said:
I mean, I love almost everything about CD Projekt but am always skeptical when one of the developers claims their product will be good.

It's not as though they're going to say "Oh, it'll be shit" and you can trust their view to be impartial.

That said, haven't been let down by anything so far.
I came here to say pretty much that. While I don't doubt the writing will be of good quality, the praise of one's own work does precisely nothing to convince me one way or the other.

Dornedas

Oct 9, 2014
Well a more charismatic enemy is Not really all that difficult.
The Wild Hunt was not exactly groundbreaking in that regard.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
First they made the best game in the history of video games and then they released the best expansion pack in the history of video games. If they say that it's better than the main game, while it may just be their opinion, I'm inclined to believe them.

Willinium

Jun 2, 2011
Dornedas said:
I believe that the first game had a charismatic villain in Jaques De Aldersberg (Probably misspelled that to hell and back) and depending on your view I suppose Letho might or might not be considered one. The Kings sadly, minus King Foltest of course, were all pretty horrible.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
WolvDragon said:
Metalrocks said:
well, this means that the main game in the enhanced version will be better or improved. like they did with part 2. so, more reason for me to wait before i buy the game.
Even though I don't regret buying my game way back, waiting for the inevitable GoTY edition is always a smart move. No doubt it'll have all the DLC+Expansions, all of the patches, and maybe some newer material to boot.

OT: I love it that they keep improving this game, Hearts of Stone was great, here's hoping Blood and Wine is better then HoS.
exactly. the enhanced version will have all the problems fixed and added DLCs, which are not in the retail version of the game. and the retail version doesnt require steam. i intent to do the same for deus ex as well. since they have released the directors cut with its dlc and thats the only version you can get from steam anyway.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Ooh how mysterious! It's almost as if you are using this simple press release to bait the consumer with a promising enigma! (For the record, i love the witcher 3 and CDprojektRed, but i know when the bait-strings are being pulled, you sly old foxies! ;) )

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
Honestly, I completely believe them. As much as I love the base game, I found the story and gameplay to both be better in Hearts of Stone. Now it's probably a bit tougher to make it better with an expansion that's twice the size, but I can still see them doing it.

Dornedas

Oct 9, 2014
Willinium said:
Dornedas said:
I believe that the first game had a charismatic villain in Jaques De Aldersberg (Probably misspelled that to hell and back) and depending on your view I suppose Letho might or might not be considered one. The Kings sadly, minus King Foltest of course, were all pretty horrible.
While Jackie certainly is (Or at least has to be, considering his large following) charismatic he really suffers from the fact that you, if I remember correctly, don't have many interactions with him.

And I'm really hesitant to call Letho an enemy of Geralt.

WarpedMind

Nov 8, 2014
Blood And Wine will launch "in the first half of 2016" [http://store.steampowered.com/app/355880/]
God damn it.
I am majorly regretting my decision to hold out on playing The Witcher 3 until all the DLC is out.
I can't even just play the base game now, I'd feel like a giant idiot for waiting the first three-quarters of a year.
I really hope "First half" means more "March" than "June".

suitepee7

I can smell sausage rolls
Dec 6, 2010
WarpedMind said:
Blood And Wine will launch "in the first half of 2016" [http://store.steampowered.com/app/355880/]
God damn it.
I am majorly regretting my decision to hold out on playing The Witcher 3 until all the DLC is out.
I can't even just play the base game now, I'd feel like a giant idiot for waiting the first three-quarters of a year.
Depending on how much free time you have, you could probably start now, and still only just finish the main game by the time the second DLC comes around. With maybe half the side quests done, it took me around 70 hours. Personally I'm waiting to play both expansions at once, so I'm having a lengthy break between them and my main game playthrough, but it is a big time investment whichever way you put it.

WarpedMind

Nov 8, 2014
suitepee7 said:
WarpedMind said:
God damn it.
Depending on how much free time you have, you could probably start now, and still only just finish the main game by the time the second DLC comes around. With maybe half the side quests done, it took me around 70 hours. Personally I'm waiting to play both expansions at once, so I'm having a lengthy break between them and my main game playthrough, but it is a big time investment whichever way you put it.
My classes don't start again until the start of February, so if I started now I'd probably end up powering through it in a week.

Kahani

May 25, 2011
Steven Bogos said:
as well as being available for an (as of yet undisclosed) stand-alone price.
The season pass pre-order price is ?20 for two expansions, and the first expansion was ?8. Assuming they're not trying to screw over all the people who pre-ordered, it's going to be something over ?12. They've claimed 20 hours additional content compared to 10 in the first, so ?16 wouldn't be a bad bet.

Edit: OK, why does the forum keep changing pound signs into question marks?