The Witcher 3 is golden!

Fallow

NSFB
Oct 29, 2014
How are you planning to spend the launch day? Have you called in to let your employer know that you will be sick? Have you ordered a new computer so you can run it on full?

I assume that if you can use a keyboard, you are smart enough to have pre-ordered from GoG already.

Also, why does Yennefers hair look like a christmas tree?

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
I'm planning to spend the launch day reading the Witcher books, and getting the game a week or two later when the reviews are in, any glaring issues have been uncovered and a patch or two has come out...

SlumlordThanatos

Lord Inquisitor
Aug 25, 2014
I don't know...I really don't know.

I want this game to be good. I really want this game to be good. Really, really want this game to be good.

But when developers get as ambitious as this, their products are one of two things: brilliant, or utter shit, without a whole lot of middle ground. Witcher 3 is going to fall into one of these two categories, and given how often and how long it has been delayed, I'm not sure which one it's going to be.

Here's hoping that the game has its shit together. I really want this game to be good.

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
I'm with SlumlordThanatos. You can never be certain. Besides, even if the game is good, preorders just aren't a good idea. It's a gamble that encourages malpractice from game companies simply because people keep doing it. I'm not saying that the nice people behind Witcher 3 would do that, but as long as preordering is a thing, other companies will.

Anyway, I look forward to being impressed and paying full price for this game AFTER I've seen some reviews.

UndisputedX

Apr 2, 2015
Hopefully it is good, it has the potential to be amazing. cdprojekt is very good at delivering, and they treat their fan base really well.I have no doubts that this game will be good, but then again I'm hard to disappoint.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
"I assume that if you can use a keyboard, you are smart enough to have pre-ordered from GoG already."

I guess I must be pretty dumb. As not only have I not pre-ordered, but if I did... it would be on Steam. Or even a *gasp* console....

Being serious, I've now gone from rather uninterested to at least considering a full-price purchase. The only things that are stopping me are how the console port will come out and is it fun. Last time a previously linear game series said they were going open we got Inquisition, I'm not throwing another sixty dollars down the toilet

BathorysGraveland2

Feb 9, 2013
I'll spend launch day at work while it downloads. So then it'll be ready for when I come home, then it's fucking binge time baby! That is if my PC can run it, of course. With my latest graphic card upgrade it can run Witcher 2 on max settings, so I'm assuming I'll handle this on at least moderate.

But yeah, super excited. The only other game that I'm as excited for is Kingdom Come: Deliverance, and that is way off.

Ushiromiya Battler

Oddly satisfied
Feb 7, 2010
I'm planning on a buying a 970 the moment I have enough money, which will irritatingly get me the game for free.
I need a new graphics card to be able to play it on somewhere close to max.

Everything I've seen of it looks amazing, so I'm optimistic.

Maximum Bert

Feb 3, 2013
I was going to get it on launch as I kinda like CDProject Reds business practices and have high hopes for the game however after playing the Witcher 1 and 2 again recently I think im going to wait I just couldnt bring myself to complete those games I just got bored very quickly although I dont think the Witcher 2 is bad it just failed to pull me in and a crash sorta killed the game for me and I havent touched it in a few months.

Also with the amount of other games I have buying day 1 would be pretty stupid really I will wait and see how it performs and then pick it up in a few months/years.

NPC009

Don't mind me, I'm just a NPC
Aug 23, 2010
I'm not interested, but several of my friends have been really looking forward to this, so I hope the game lives up to their (high) expectations and they have a nice gaming-binge-day/weekend. Sometimes it's enough to see other people have fun :)

Alma Mare

Nov 14, 2010
Danny Dowling said:
what does it mean when a game "goes gold"?
It means that it reached the development point where it is ready to press the discs. It heavily implies that the developer is confident enough in it's state to call it finished and consign it to a definitive version (which is never is because lol day one patches).

Danny Dowling

May 9, 2014
Alma Mare said:
Danny Dowling said:
what does it mean when a game "goes gold"?
It means that it reached the development point where it is ready to press the discs. It heavily implies that the developer is confident enough in it's state to call it finished and consign it to a definitive version (which is never is because lol day one patches).
ahh i see, thank you, it isn't a term i've ever come across before. Guess it'll be ready in about 4 months then...

Danbo Jambo

Sep 26, 2014
I'm not getting it on launch, I'm waiting until PS4 prices drop and they release an enhanced edition. I generally think pre-ordering and launch date buys are for mugs and suckers.

However, that's generally. In this case, and with the quality we've already seen in The Witcher 2, combined with what the devs have stated about their approach to the game, I can't fault anyone who gets this on launch. I think you are all genuinely in for a treat, so enjoy! :)

aozgolo

Mar 15, 2011
I actually upgraded my PC earlier this year and am happily gloating at my new "enthusiast" rig. Ordering my GTX 970 actually gave me The Witcher 3 for free (which I was going to get anyway) so I'm excited to get into it. I'll admit I never really gave The Witcher 1/2 much time, the combat system was a little too different from what I cared for, but in anticipation I decided to push through Witcher 2 on the easy mode just to get the story, and so far have actually really enjoyed it.

I have high hopes for The Witcher 3 and hope it will be every bit the open world sandbox it promises to be, but core gameplay, particularly combat, is going to really be the big deal I think on whether or not it's successful.

Benpasko

Jul 3, 2011
SlumlordThanatos said:
I don't know...I really don't know.

I want this game to be good. I really want this game to be good. Really, really want this game to be good.

But when developers get as ambitious as this, their products are one of two things: brilliant, or utter shit, without a whole lot of middle ground. Witcher 3 is going to fall into one of these two categories, and given how often and how long it has been delayed, I'm not sure which one it's going to be.

Here's hoping that the game has its shit together. I really want this game to be good.
It'd be good if this game is good, but I'm not sure. Admittedly I've only played the Witcher 1, but I'm not sure going larger scale is the best thing.

Plus a lot of the people (of the ones I know) buying into the hype haven't even played the Witcher 1 or 2 at all! This game could be really good, but it also has the potential to be a giant 'crash and burn' type situation. I got burned pretty bad by Bioshock Infinite, so I stay firmly out of getting too hyped for games.