The Witcher 3 Releasing on February 24, 2015

Maerx

Sep 15, 2010
RyQ_TMC said:
As much as I'm looking forward to TW3, I'm sad that it won't come out until next year... It was supposed to be Fall 2014...

See, that's the game I want to go back to PC for. I sat out the previous generation mostly on the PS3, and my laptop is woefully inadequate (can't handle TW2, for example). So I thought, as soon as they release TW3 requirements, I'm getting a new rig.

But a new addition to my family is plopping out at the end of November. I have to get a new rig before the entire household expense list is taken up by baby supplies. That's 3 months between the two releases. I can't wait until February... And now I'm torn. Get a decent PC now, and hope it doesn't age too much, or get an expensive monster to make sure I can happily run TW3?

Any PC gamers out here, at what rate do requirements change nowadays? I remember a time when a 1 year-old machine would already be lagging behind...
It depends. For example a Nvdia GTX 670 came 2 years ago and it still holds up today. It all comes down to what you buy at first. There's no way to be "future proof" with PCs, but you can make an investment and that invesment can last you 1-3 years before you have to worry about upgrades. Upgrading is a systemic process, buying a Titan or making a SLI/Crossfire setup is a waste of money if you don't have a good display that can take advantage of it or if you don't have a decent CPU/RAM. And upgrading isn't even necessary if you buy a decent enough PC and don't mind playing games on medium to low settings.

Dec 16, 2009
RyQ_TMC said:
Any PC gamers out here, at what rate do requirements change nowadays? I remember a time when a 1 year-old machine would already be lagging behind...
Mostly I think it depends on your standards. As the vast majority of games you're going to be playing are indie and/or released on console,build something more powerful then Vbobe/PS4 and you'll be ok for many years, as i say; depending on your standards