The Witcher 3 - what would you like to see?

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
endtherapture said:
Shani wouldn't have fitted into Triss's role in 2 without MAJOR rewrites to the story.
I know, I wouldn't have taken Triss out but Shani not appearing at all didn't make much sense.

They could have lumped her in Flotsam with Dandelion and Zoltan.

It just seemed a bit strange. I went with Shani in my playthrough of Witcher and then ended up with Triss at the start of Withcer 2, continuity isn't it's greatest friend.

Just be nice to know what happened to her and a few others from the first game that didn't appear.

endtherapture

Nov 14, 2011
Rawne1980 said:
endtherapture said:
Shani wouldn't have fitted into Triss's role in 2 without MAJOR rewrites to the story.
I know, I wouldn't have taken Triss out but Shani not appearing at all didn't make much sense.

They could have lumped her in Flotsam with Dandelion and Zoltan.

It just seemed a bit strange. I went with Shani in my playthrough of Witcher and then ended up with Triss at the start of Withcer 2, continuity isn't it's greatest friend.

Just be nice to know what happened to her and a few others from the first game that didn't appear.
In the new EE if you went Shani path in TW1, apparently you get a journal entry on her, saying she didn't want to hang around Foltest or something, so Geralt started sleeping with Triss instead.

Murmillos

Silly Deerthing
Feb 13, 2011
Bow or cross bows maybe... But used in a realistic sense as in you only carry 10-15 arrows/bolts at a time. They would be great for taking down one, maybe two targets from a distance (or soften one up).

Nothing like Skyrim where you can have 1-20000 arrows of all and any type in your inventory, or Alamur where you have a magical refilling quiver that fills up when you are not using it.

IamGamer41

Mar 19, 2010
Murmillos said:
Bow or cross bows maybe... But maybe in a realistic sense as in you only carry 10-15 arrows/bolts at a time. They would be great for taking down one, maybe two targets from a distance (or soften one up).

Nothing like Skyrim where you can have 1-20000 arrows of all and any type in your inventory, or Alamur where you have a magical refilling quiver that fills up when you are not using it.

Witchers do not use Bows or cross bows.

I would like to see more free roaming areas and much more witchers work(monster killing).I would like to see more lore on some of the monsters as well.

All the political stuff is all good as well as the butt ton of swords and armor your able to get.New locations as well as continuing the epic story from the second and will have another great RPG.

Murmillos

Silly Deerthing
Feb 13, 2011
IamGamer41 said:
They don't? Why not? You think there would be use for the occasional arrow/bolt to the face.

endtherapture

Nov 14, 2011
Murmillos said:
IamGamer41 said:
They don't? Why not? You think there would be use for the occasional arrow/bolt to the face.
Too much shit to carry along with the multiple swords, throwing knives, bombs, traps, potions, etc. etc.

Plus Geralt didn't use them in the books so probably wouldn't be faithful.

Richardplex

Jun 22, 2011
Less stuff to loot preferably, and for CDproject to keep being awesome. Though I stopped disliking the loot system as much when I tried to do it without potions/traps. I learnt my lesson very quickly.

theevilgenius60

Jun 28, 2011
I want more of the same, Witcher 2 was a hell of a game, but with more branches than just Iorveth/Roche, plenty of intrigue and monster slaying, and a concurrent console port(don't focus it on the console and port it to pc, but put it out on console at the same time) as I enjoyed the Xbox version with its simple button layout immensely.

Ziggy

Jul 13, 2010
For CD Projekt Red to keep doing whatever the fuck they want. It seems to be working.

distortedreality

May 2, 2011
Jynthor said:
Catfight between Triss and Yennefer.
Shani would be nice too.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah.

OT - pretty much more of what the Witcher 2 was. I'd love to see Geralt send a big fuck you to all the kings and the political stuff, but that won't happen, so i'm guessing we'll see more of that sort of stuff. Not a bad thing at all, it just doesn't sit well with my idea of Geralt.

verdant monkai

Oct 30, 2011
To hell with a third instalment why isnt there a version of the first one on consoles yet?
They could easily reformat the controls

DementedSheep

Jan 8, 2010
Some effect from our choices in the 2nd game, I?m not expecting miracles but considering how major a lot of these choices are I don?t want it to be swept under the rug.
Wild Hunt to actually be involved. They been a side thing for the past 2 games.
Yenneffer (and preferably for them not to turn the Triss vs Yen thing into a stupid fansevicy ?catfight? but chances are they will)
More politics
More variety in monsters would be nice

endtherapture

Nov 14, 2011
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
Something completely fucking different from the second. Different in what way? I dont know.

The Witcher 1 and The Witcher 2 were both awesome, yet completely different from one another. I think it worked quite well.

distortedreality said:
OT - pretty much more of what the Witcher 2 was. I'd love to see Geralt send a big fuck you to all the kings and the political stuff, but that won't happen, so i'm guessing we'll see more of that sort of stuff. Not a bad thing at all, it just doesn't sit well with my idea of Geralt.
Funny you should say that, because it is one thing I would like to see in Witcher 3 - being able to (try) to stay neutral.

The Witcher (1) allowed you to stay neutral, and if you did, you paid the price later on. Twas rather nice.
The beauty of TW2 was that you could never stay 100% neutral however hard you tried, and I though that was a really tragic and compelling concept.

Bazaalmon

Apr 19, 2009
I want to drink potions IN COMBAT again!
I only drank potions three or four times throughout the second game, but I was a total potion-junkie in the first.

It might be slightly unrealistic (dig through your bag, pull out the right potion, pop the cork, and take a swig, all while something's swinging a sword/axe/giant claws/tentacles at you) but I think changing it really detracted from its usefulness.

Other than that, I just want CDProjekt to keep being the best game company ever for treating its customers like actual human beings who pay them to deliver a quality product, rather than some sort of needless interference between them and their "rightfully deserved" money.

IamGamer41

Mar 19, 2010
verdant monkai said:
To hell with a third instalment why isnt there a version of the first one on consoles yet?
They could easily reformat the controls

They tried that and it wasn't as easy as you might think.It was called Rise of the White Wolf.The trailer is pretty sweet but Yeah I would love a remade Withcer 1 with the Witcher 2 combat.Not saying the Witcher 1 combat was bad I enjoyed it but to let others enjoy it.

mireko

Umbasa
Sep 23, 2010
A character creator.

That is the single most significant thing I would want to see.