The Witcher 3 Would Be "Impossible" on PS3/Xbox 360

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
Why are so many people bitching over this? Why do people want a stripped down port? I thought people wanted a reason to actually own a next gen console (that is if they don't already own an awesome PC). I take this as good news. I want next gen games.

If you look at the compromises they had to make with the 360 version of the Witcher 2, stands to reason that they'd have to make way more for a game designed with next gen hardware in mind.

Robert Marrs

Mar 26, 2013
Shadow-Phoenix said:
Well this makes me somewhat sad, Xbox get's just Witcher 2, Playstation get's next to nothing and the PC gets to have them all, the cake and gets to eat it.

Yeah I'm not terribly thrilled at the turn of recent events but I really would like for those with PS3's and 4's to be able to have all 3 since it's only fair that Xbox at least got 2.

Also I foresee witcher 3 getting port blames in the future to cover up bad decision making since that's the latest excuse on the block.
Well while its really not an ideal situation the games were originally intended to be on the pc. A port of the first one was originally planned to come out on the 360 but it feel through. The second one only came to xbox because of its increased popularity. Maybe we could talk sony into trading a Pc port of The Last Of Us for all 3 witcher games on ps4?

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Strazdas said:
Objectable said:
Read: We're too lazy to actually bother porting it.
so i guess the fact that new programs dont run on windows 95 is also because someone was too lazy, right?
Naw man, you're shooting too low. Not porting games to a TRS80 is lazy. Absolutely.

OT: Well, it sucks for people who played part 2 on 360. Granted it also sucks for them that they didn't get to play the first one either if they don't own a PC. Other than that, its not a big deal. I'm not a huge fan of the Witcher series, not saying its bad or anything, just not all that impressed with it either. I do look forward to 3 just to see if it can come close to living up to what hype it has already.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
I have a question. I know people are talking about saves and decisions carrying over from game to game but was this actually confirmed? In the grand scheme of things, are some of the bigger decisions of number 2 going to actually make that big of an impact in 3? The war and story in number 2 is a lot smaller in scale when you think about what is going to happen in 3.