The Witcher Producer Tries Something New

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
The concept art really did it for me too. That's the kind of thing I'd love to have framed and hanging on my wall.

L3G0kees

Mar 25, 2010
The whole, chose one of two sides with different views, not good and evil really reminds me of the witcher (2) and how I loved the lack of good/evil, there was nobody to say wether your actions are good or evil. Just choice and consequence, the way I think moral systems should work.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Colour me interested! I'll have to keep an eye out for more information on this game.

Andy Chalk said:
The concept art really did it for me too. That's the kind of thing I'd love to have framed and hanging on my wall.
I have to agree with you, Andy. That concept art is pretty sexy.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
the participation of Gop,
Crap... Whoops. I thought it was supposed to be God, since the part said there was the giant god's corpse that made the mountains. XD Didn't realize that the guys last name was Gop. XD

ExiledPaladin13

Aug 3, 2011
"combat will apparently take its cue from games like Dark Souls, Kingdoms of Amalur and Batman: Arkham City,"

I'm sold. I smell a Triple A title slithering out of the corner.

lord.jeff

Oct 27, 2010
This be worth keeping an eye on, though that's about as much as I can say for the game as all I know is it has a dead giant and is going to be an action RPG.

C117

Aug 14, 2009
Well, sounds interesting enough. Not really that many details, but still. This line, however, made me a bit worried...

"... with enemies intended to be recognized 'not by their appearance but their behavior and fighting style.'"

Maybe I'm just interpreting it that wrong way, but it sounds like a pretty stupid idea to me. I mean, in most games, enemies are recognized by their appearance, BECAUSE it tells you about their behavior and fighting style. If you've never fought a particular kind of enemy before, its appearance will give you a clue to what its strengths and weaknesses are, and if you have fought it before, its appearance tells you "this is that kind of enemy, which behaves like this, attacks like this and is defeated like this."

Guess we'll have to wait and see...

mireko

Umbasa
Sep 23, 2010
Oh, this could be good. I never got into the Witcher series because Geralt (fuck him). Setting actually sounds interesting this time too, intriguing!