The Wolf Among Us Episode 2 Review - Grim Tales

Uhura

This ain't no hula!
Aug 30, 2012
Sight Unseen said:
It most assuredly is, seeing as I've beaten it already...
I have the Wolf Among Us season pass on the X-Box and I haven't been able to download the second episode. This seems to be a pretty common issue with the X-Box season pass and there is a long thread about it on the Telltale forums.

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/58200/xbox360-season-pass-not-working/p1

Mikeyfell

Elite Member
Aug 24, 2010
Sight Unseen said:
Mikeyfell said:
Greg Tito said:
Recommendation: Episode Two lives up to the excellent introduction and you won't be disappointed in anything but the length. Season pass holders rejoice, but single-episode-purchasers may want to wait until more of the series is released to gorge.
Your ignorance is disturbing.
Episode 2 of Wolf Among Us is not available to season pass holders. What possible reason would we have to rejoice?

Umm... what?

Are you on PS3? I'm being told all over the place it works on PS3.

It's still fucked up on 360

Sight Unseen

The North Remembers
Nov 18, 2009
Mikeyfell said:
Sight Unseen said:
Mikeyfell said:
Greg Tito said:
Recommendation: Episode Two lives up to the excellent introduction and you won't be disappointed in anything but the length. Season pass holders rejoice, but single-episode-purchasers may want to wait until more of the series is released to gorge.
Your ignorance is disturbing.
Episode 2 of Wolf Among Us is not available to season pass holders. What possible reason would we have to rejoice?

Umm... what?

Are you on PS3? I'm being told all over the place it works on PS3.

It's still fucked up on 360
Uhura said:
Sight Unseen said:
I have the Wolf Among Us season pass on the X-Box and I haven't been able to download the second episode. This seems to be a pretty common issue with the X-Box season pass and there is a long thread about it on the Telltale forums.

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/58200/xbox360-season-pass-not-working/p1
PC Master Race here :p

sorry to hear about your problems with the Xbox version, hopefully it'll work soon. You're missing out on a pretty decent episode.

UsefulPlayer 1

Feb 22, 2008
One very important thing about this game is the non-violent options in the QTE.

You heard that right. In this game, just because it prompts you to hit someone in a QTE, you don't have to.

I remember in the Walking Dead I was forced to kill someone on "accident." Because if I didn't strike in the QTE then the game would fail me even though the game would blame me for killing the person.

I''m not trying to spoil anything and honestly I don't think it changes much in the story, but You can purposely fail QTEs in this game so you don't hurt someone.

AngloDoom

Aug 2, 2008
UsefulPlayer 1 said:
One very important thing about this game is the non-violent options in the QTE.

You heard that right. In this game, just because it prompts you to hit someone in a QTE, you don't have to.

I remember in the Walking Dead I was forced to kill someone on "accident." Because if I didn't strike in the QTE then the game would fail me even though the game would blame me for killing the person.

I''m not trying to spoil anything and honestly I don't think it changes much in the story, but You can purposely fail QTEs in this game so you don't hurt someone.
Yeah, it took me a moment to realise that myself. When someone's got me by the neck and a big orange button sprouts out on their face, I just went for it thinking "Well, a good bop on the nose or a shove would serve them right" I didn't think

I'd fucking gouge out their eyes for being understandably upset.

So yes, I'll have to remember that for next time since I'm trying to be a nice Wolfie.

OT: Maybe it's just blessed nostalgia, but the first episode very much out-shined the second for me. I understand that the first episode had to establish a new and interesting world and was longer in actual length, but I feel like I barely started playing the second episode and - ta-dah! - it was over.

It was still wonderful quality and it's making me anxious to play the rest of the episodes, but I just felt disappointed because I felt a lack of real progression.