The world ends this Saturday...Wut do?

thelastgentleman

Sep 16, 2010
Alright so this guy is predicting the rapture to occur this Saturday May 21, 2011. The full story is here:
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504763_162-20064290-10391704.html

So basically do you agree? If not what are your plans to celebrate this fail?

BlueberryMUNCH

Apr 15, 2010
A wise person once said
'Fun fun fun fun lookin' forward to the weekend!', which I think is relevant in this time of the impending apocalypse.

Plans to celebrate being able to wake up again, 7:00 am on a Friday?
Probably see my friends, get down, party...party, yeah.

[sub]...I couldn't resist[/sub]

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
I plan to celebrate by doing the following.
Cocooning myself in my own little world when my girl-friend comes down for the weekend, with lots of Haribo and Ribena being consumed.

That or dying horribly as the world cleaves itself in twain, one or the other.

Apr 28, 2008
Absolutely nothing, because it won't end on the 21st.

Just like how it didn't end on Y2K, 06/06/06, or the thousands of other days the world was set to end but didn't.

And it won't happen in 2012 either. Since for that to be true, a giant feathered snake will have to appear out of nowhere. And chances are that won't happen.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
My plans to celebrate involve heckling the guy when he turns out to be wrong.

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
Alcohol, hookers, drugs, bacon, and partying.
In other words, I'll do the same thing I do every day.

Lyri

Dec 8, 2008
The rapture is Saturday and all Gods Elect will be taken into heaven and mere men cannot ascertain passage past the pearly gates.
We have had our time to redeem ourselves in gods eyes.

We shall suffer 5 months of torment and then the world will end in October.

So what will I be doing Saturday?
Well I won't be going to the party :(

Senor Smoke21

May 23, 2008
I'm going out tomorrow night so I'll probably be too hungover to notice. And at least I won't have to go to my exam on Tuesday, huzzah for rapture!

AetherWolf

Jan 1, 2011
BlueberryMUNCH said:
A wise person once said
'Fun fun fun fun lookin' forward to the weekend!', which I think is relevant in this time of the impending apocalypse.

Plans to celebrate being able to wake up again, 7:00 am on a Friday?
Probably see my friends, get down, party...party, yeah.

[sub]...I couldn't resist[/sub]
Can't think of anything better than this post... damn.

MASTACHIEFPWN

Will fight you and lose
Mar 27, 2010
One man cannot predict the end of this world, unknowable to anyone who powers a cage of flesh and bone.

So, yeah, it's not. One thing that is similer in all apocyliptic cults, They've all been wrong. What makes this one so special?

If it does, who cares.

Romblen

Oct 10, 2009
I will do nothing as it's not real.
But since that's a boring post,
I'm going to the nearest church(seeing as this prediction is based of the Bible) and do the most amazing prayer stance ever. It will include running at full speed into the church jumping up, then landing on my knees and sliding to the front of the pews. When I stop I should look like I am praying. If I can organize it in time, there will be fireworks to go along with it.

Wuffykins

Jun 21, 2010
Same thing I've been doing every Saturday for the past year and a half: be at work for 12:30 am, work 12 hours, go home and sleep the rest of the day.

Hell, part of me is almost hoping for something to happen if only to break the sheer monotony that is my usual weekend.

Klarinette

May 21, 2009
I'm annoyed more so by this than I have been over the last week because I found out today that it's apparently going down at 6pm PST. That sucks, because I'm going to be a at a baseball game at that time, and it won't be anywhere near done yet. That's inconvenient and annoying. That said, the night before will be spent drinking with a friend who is apparently going away for two years, potentially followed by a night of sloppy coitus with the probably semi- to mostly-inebriated boyfriend, so... there's that *thumbs up*

Romblen said:
I will do nothing as it's not real.
But since that's a boring post,
I'm going to the nearest church(seeing as this prediction is based of the Bible) and do the most amazing prayer stance ever. It will include running at full speed into the church jumping up, then landing on my knees and sliding to the front of the pews. When I stop I should look like I am praying. If I can organize it in time, there will be fireworks to go along with it.
Do wear knee pads... I foresee an unbelievable set of rug-burned knees in your future =/ Just saying... post-rapture rug burns would probably feel extra lame. Other than that, solid plan.

DJDarque

Words
Aug 24, 2009
I will be at a Rammstein concert. Even if the world ends, it will just make it the best damn concert ever.

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
Hang out with my friends and laugh at people who take this seriously is what is on my game plan for Saturday.

Aris Khandr

Oct 6, 2010

If enough people did that, it would be hilarious. Also, try to get people to give you the deed to their house/car/boat/whatever. They won't need it, right?

kortin

Mar 18, 2011
Irridium said:
Absolutely nothing, because it won't end on the 21st.

Just like how it didn't end on Y2K, 06/06/06, or the thousands of other days the world was set to end but didn't.

And it won't happen in 2012 either. Since for that to be true, a giant feathered snake will have to appear out of nowhere. And chances are that won't happen.
This. I wil also do the dance that the guy is doing in your avatar.