The world just got a little wierder.

That Guy Ya Know

Forum Title:
Sep 9, 2009
BBC said:
A German student "mooned" a group of Hell's Angels and hurled a puppy at them before escaping on a stolen bulldozer, police have said.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10333211

Sooo, yep. Apparently we live in a world where that actually happened. Potential animal cruelty aside that is the funniest thing I've seen all week, it actually made me double check it wasn't April 1st or something.

thesilentman

What this
Jun 14, 2012
Why, can't I stop laughing?! Man I have a dark (and absurd) sense of humor at times...

Hope the dog's fine, and we know what happened to the kid and the biker gang. I get the feeling there's more to this story than just that.

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
I had to click on the link to make sure - but yeah, this is old news. Two and a half years old. Fun but not deserving that "just" in the title.

lechat

Dec 5, 2012
how the hell do you escape on a bulldozer? and puppy throwing aside yup that's pretty funny

reminds me of a recent somewhat unrelated news report where the reporter said:
"a young man pointed the gun at 2 bikers and pulled the trigger. luckily the gun failed to fire"
ummm yeah lucky for who....

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
He did WHAT? I can't even think of anything clever to say. How the hell do you "escape" on a Bulldozer?

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
I dunno about the rest of you, but personally I would not trust a bulldozer to get me away from a pack of large, hairy guys with motorbikes.

Oh hey, maybe that's why he threw the puppy, as a distraction. He was hoping that the bikers all secretly had hearts of gold like in the movies and would be too busy trying to help the puppy to give chase.

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
DoPo said:
I had to click on the link to make sure - but yeah, this is old news. Two and a half years old. Fun but not deserving that "just" in the title.
It's interesting how old news stories on the BBC can get Necro'd and pushed back into the public consciousness by virtue of the "Most Popular/Read" sidebar.

Ever since I saw 3 separate and old stories concerning Anonymous in that sidebar, I've long suspected there's some kind of agenda behind certain stories getting pushed back into the Top 10 most read stories sidebar.

I guess it's a bit like "Google-bombing" and all it takes is a lot of people to read an old stories for it to appear in that sidebar and to fool lots of people into thinking it's new news instead of old story that's had a bizarre resurgence in popularity.

It's also remarkable how easily the public's perception of current events can be manipulated by exploiting the most popular sidebar, I'm sure we (The Escapist userbase) could find an amusing and irrelevant old story and push it back into the public eye by getting every Escapist user to click on the link.

PeePantz

Sep 23, 2010
I don't know why, but all I can picture is a happy, fluffy Golden Retriever puppy being flung through the air. Perhaps a new ios game?

Roggen Bread

Nov 3, 2010
This was on my 20th birthday.
Something that great happened even in my own country and I didnt notice.

SonicWaffle

Oct 14, 2009
canadamus_prime said:
He did WHAT? I can't even think of anything clever to say. How the hell do you "escape" on a Bulldozer?
Right through a goddamn house if you want to :p

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
PeePantz said:
I don't know why, but all I can picture is a happy, fluffy Golden Retriever puppy being flung through the air. Perhaps a new ios game?
Happy Pupz, where you control a half-naked man who launches happy, dumb puppies through the air to try destroying the buildings that a bunch of angry bikers are in. Buy it now!

OT: He drove one kilometer in the bulldozer and then hitchhiked the rest of the way? Boy, this guy lives on the edge.

Blackdoom

Sep 11, 2008
The Hero Killer said:
Sounds like a resident of Stillwater to me.
Damn beat me to it. I was going to say it sounds like a combination of activities in the next Saints Row game.

Berithil

Maintenence Man of the Universe
Mar 19, 2009
Was the puppy ok?

It is?

Good.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

What?! I don't even....

That's hilarious! How do you even escape on a bulldozer?

It doesn't matter if it's two years old. I didn't hear about it and now I have.

Bvenged

Sep 4, 2009
I read it this morning on the BBC news site.

That opening paragraph/sentence had me re-reading it 3 times just to make sure I understood it right :D What a wacky scenario. There's no way in hell someone would believe you if they didn't read it for themselves.

Icyheart

Feb 7, 2011
What I find weird is that the article states he had just stopped taking depression medicine. I feel like this would only happen if he was just on the medicine and hadn't gotten the dosage right. Thank god he ditched the puppy; I don't wanna know what it might have suffered with that nut-job

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
DoPo said:
Yeah, this isn't JUST happening but damn did it happen alright! I'm glad the puppy is alright but does anybody else have a sudden urge to visit Germany?