The world's best fictional person.

Prometheous

Nov 20, 2009
Woodsey said:
Desmond Hume from Lost.

I don't need to explain why, he's just the fucking best.
I can see where you are coming from on that. Oh, how he beat the micro-organisms out of Ben Linus...

A.B.

Aug 7, 2010
No one really wants to choose a woman, it seems (except for newfiegirl with Anita Blake).

I say Buffy.

Kuroneko97

Aug 1, 2010
I have to go with Professor Layton. He looks cool, and he goes around solving puzzles. It's kind of funny how he never takes off his top hat as if this will lead to the end of the world.

And has anyone heard his theme song?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFBKHSitIjo&playnext=1&videos=h4jEn_U1goQ

Or the even more epic orchestrated version?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiHKGmb7_jA&playnext=1&videos=pxtyvZCiHC8

I liked how the games tested your mind with puzzles, and it had anime-like cutscenes. I highly recommend the Professor Layton series.

Kurokami

Feb 23, 2009
Queen Michael said:
READ THIS BEFORE POSTING!
What I want you to tell me is who you consider to be the world's best fictional character, and I want you to do this objectively. So keep in mind stuff like how well written s/he is, how three-dimensional s/he is, and so on. I guess what I'm trying to get across is this: Don't pick somebody just because he kills people in cool ways. There's nothing wrong with picking somebody who kills people in cool ways, of course, but you've got to take personality and other factors into account as well. Don't misunderstand me, now; it's perfectly possible for an X-men character to be better than a Dostoyevsky character. It's fine to pick somebody like that, but make sure there's something about your character that makes it clear s/he's great. Or in other words, there's nothing inherently wrong with picking a bad@$$; just make sure there's a reason that you picked that particular bad@$$.
Magneto.

He's just... So... Damn... Awesome.

Kurokami

Feb 23, 2009
IamSofaKingRaw said:
Assassin Xaero said:
One thing I've been wondering, do you believe in pre-destiny? I've always heard that "God has a plan for all of us". Well, if so, does that mean our lives are already planned out for us? If that is what that means, then that, once again, is a contraction of free will.

And just a little warning here, depending on how religious you are my opinion might enrage you, but I'm not try to or anything... With the whole heaven/hell/creation thing, from what my religious friend told me is that God decided that angels (or people or something) were unfit to live in heaven and had to prove that their were worthy of it, so it sent them to Earth and if they proved they were still worthy they got to go to heaven. Honestly, that just makes God sound like a complete egoistical prick. "You must go down to this planet I made and suffer but still bow down to me or you will suffer even more." She also told me that Satan was bad because he disagreed with this and went against God...
Well no I don't really believe in that. I'm not a die hard Christian or anything but I think that if you live your life according to how God wants then yea you could say that Gods leading your life. If God predestined everything then there would be no point in Heaven or Hell beause some people were forced to be bad people like hitler etc..

Secondly no your friend was misinformed. We are not descendants of race of angels that were sent to Earth. From what I know we were created separtely from them. Satan was created as an angel and was like 3rd in command from God and Jesus then decided to rally a group of angels against God because he became power hungry. Well he lost and was then sent to hell along with the grop of rebellious angels that turned to demons. I don't know if I'm correct but I know that your friend was wrong lol.
Okay, I have to jump in here now.

So you're saying that if you serve god you're all sweet with him, now according to what standard? Christians'? Jews'? Muslims'? Even if you do pick only one, they've all changed slightly over the years, so please explain to me, not because I wish to disprove your belief, but because I despise the view that your god is right because you believe in him, and that another's is wrong for the very same reason. Not to mention that that's enough to justify heaven/hell, in which case predestined 'bad people' do exist.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
I've thought about things, and I've changed my mind. My new favorite is L from Death Note. He's wonderfully quirky, but in a realistic way, which is pretty rare in manga/anime.

Edit: Changed my mind; now it's the doctor again!