The Worst Big Youtubers

ReinWeisserRitter

Nov 15, 2011
Nothing that hasn't already been mentioned, but Ray William Johnson gets another from me. Adds nothing of worth to the stuff he regurgitates from elsewhere on the internet, and has inspired dozens of imitators, all desperately trying to prove they can be stupider than he is.

May as well throw the girls that use thumbnails of themselves wearing low-cut tops to entice people into watching them yammer on about something the viewers otherwise wouldn't care about.

It's worth mentioning that I know the lowest common denominator is what gets the views the vast majority of the time, though, so I can only blame them so much. People watch it, so who can truly blame them. I'd just like to see being clever and having a little self-respect become the norm, I guess. It's not like most people don't have the potential for it; it's just easier to be an idiot.

ReinWeisserRitter

Nov 15, 2011
The Fonsz said:
How did Ali-A get big on youtube there are 1000 better cod commentators but this guy has sore through the sky with one million subscribers with less than 300 vids.

How? Are the subscription base of youtube made up of 14 year olds?
Well... yeah, actually. Most of the obnoxious garbage on the internet comes from teenagers and people that just got finished being teenagers, when it comes to avenues like Youtube. This isn't anything new.

cerebus23

May 16, 2010
Carnagath said:
I actually don't mind RWJ, the viral videos are often quite entertaining. His comedy is hit or miss, but he gets so self-sarcastic about it that it's hard to despise him really. Not sure why people here hate him so much.
because he is not a 20 some dude living in his basement doing viral videos anymore? he is making rap videos, trying to produce a tv show, got 10 things on the fire his hobby that shot him into fame is down to one day a week and a guest host gimmic to keep people tuned in so to speak.

i do not think he is the uber talented or funny myself but it used to be a decent way to tune in doe a 3 minute show and see some decent viral videos. especially when they put the work in and got newer stuff.

tb i like some of his stuff only thing i can see is parlaying his utube celebrity to pimp promo stunts with games, but that is sort of debatable is he actually is a fan of said games and stuff just happens. either way people take exception to it when it unbalances the factions because 100k terran repub all sign up because tb asked them to. with his journalism leanings he should avoid stunts like these because it tarnishes your reviews when you are chumming around with devs or actively promoting certain games.

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
There are no YouTube "celebrities" I hate, if I ever watched something I disliked or bored enough to turn off I usually wont watch any many/any more of their vids so I don't get chance to cultivate hatreds. Moviebob annoys me sometimes, he can come up with some really insightful and clever commentary. Then he starts dancing around in his pajamas fighting commissioner bunnythinker and blaming Masterchief for everything wrong with the gaming industry.

Astoria

Oct 25, 2010
Yeah I'm jumping on the iJustine bandwagon. I watched about three minutes of her Portal 2 playthrough and had to stop because she couldn't work out the puzzel and had resorted to blaming the game. This was the second puzzel by the way where all you have to do is push a button to change the portal positions. I also don't like Olga, she has that ditsy trying to be cute thing that drives me nuts.

Cpu46 said:
Toby Turner, while his style is similar to Pewdiepie, is the exact opposite. He is obviously acting out a persona. He made this incredibly manic version of himself and everything that happens is filtered through that character. When he overreacts to stuff going on its not "Oh if I freak out here I get more views" its "Here is where my character would freak out." Which makes all the difference. In short Pewdiepie acts things out while Tobuscus is an actor. Its just my opinion though so don't quote me on this.
Well Toby IS an actor. To me he acts like he's drunk, it's his personality just on overdrive.

Upbeat Zombie

Jun 29, 2010
I don't hold contempt for any Big Youtubers. Mostly because if I watch somebody's video and I don't enjoy it. Then I don't continue to watch them.

The only big Youtube channels that I use to enjoy but don't watch anymore are RayWilliamJohnson, and Tobuscus. I don't really dislike them much. They just got old.

Otherwise there are several "Big Youtube" channels that some people may dislike but I enjoy quite a bit. SxePhil, Jenna Marbles etc... Does that make me a mindless follower? No. Would I have watched your "more deserving" channels in its place? Probably not.

It all comes down to personal preference in the end, and the fact that not everyone's is the same.

MrBrightside919

Oct 2, 2008
I like nova...

This whole thread is just a difference of opinion...and since everyone is entitled to their opinions...

1500th post...

WanderingBiscuits

Apr 19, 2010
To add a name that hasn't been mentioned. I'd like to throw the vlogbrothers into the mix. I don't really understand their appeal. They are smart guys i can tell, but their content just seems devoid of any real creativity or interesting topics. Granted i've seen one or two decent vids of them, I just don't think they are all that unique or talented to warrant the audience they have. Its cool if people like them. All i see is two guys making dull, annoyingly edited vlogs. I heard one of them is a best selling author. His books could very well be better. Oh and can i just say The whole "nerdfighter" title is a really crappy gimmick. DFTBA? Sounds like something a 13 year old would come up with.

Others i dislike: SpaceHamsterGames, IJustine, Smosh, RWJ, Fred, Charlieissocoollike, PewdiePie, JennaMarbles.

BiscuitTrouser

Elite Member
May 19, 2008
WanderingBiscuits said:
I heard one of them is a best selling author. His books could very well be better. Oh and can i just say The whole "nerdfighter" title is a really crappy gimmick. DFTBA? Sounds like something a 13 year old would come up with.
I can vouch out and say the whole "Nerd fighter" and DFTBA make a LOT more sense and are far less lame after you read his books (which are widely regarded as being AWESOME by everyone and me). Im not particularly keen on the vlog thing but i have to say that the REAL appeal of John Green is in his books. Looking for Alaska is a MUST read. As is an abundance of Katherines.

xplosive59

Jul 20, 2009
- PewDiePie, what hasn't already been said.

- People who have one gimmick and the milk it to hell eg Fred, The Annoying Orange, Epic Meal Time, Epic Rap Battles, Ray William Johnson.

- "shock" youtubers other than Badgeofshame and KassemG sometimes, thjose guys that interview random people crudely essentially.

- Middle of the road, uninteresting Let's Players eg Danznewzmachinima, Kootra, Utorak007, EatMyDiction etc.

-The YogsCast when not doing Minecraft (I do not count the other YogsCast members in that though, Sjin, Sips, Duncan and Rydian are still pretty cool guys).

The only gamers I watch now really are TheSw1tcher and Game Grumps, and even then Game GRumps seem to be pandering alot of the time and are at their best when "Real Talking"

Wdbisl

Nov 17, 2011
I don't understand the appeal of ShaneDawson. I mean he puts out some of the most disgusting video's. I feel like people watch him for the shock value and I know he has the good message at the end, but still. Some of the video's involving a character puking or a lot of blood by killing someone it just isn't funny it's gross. As for RayWilliamJohnson I use to watch his video's but it got old fast. His jokes just aren't funny anymore I mean I like knowing the viral video's, but it isn't worth sitting through the bad commentary and it has only gotten worse like saying "eat a dick" how is that funny? iJustine I don't have the hate some of you do I just find her to be kind of an airhead.

2012 Wont Happen

Aug 12, 2009
RayWilliamJohnson. He used to be one of the best too. He did a political show called Capitol Hill Gangsta which was smart and funny. He stopped doing it, put up a video explaining that he couldn't do politics anymore because he was looking for a job, left that up a few days then, deleted all videos he ever did about politics.

Now he's just a shittier Daniel Tosh.