The worst game you have ever played.

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
Raze's Hell is somewhere near the top of my list. Although, to be honest, when a game is really bad I try to forget it ever existed, so I'm having a hard time coming up with anything.

werepossum

Sep 12, 2007
I've only played PC games since the Atari 2600 days, but - I'd almost say Daikatana. Besides the sheer horror of being attacked by steam-powered frogs, you're accompanied by a black Mr. T clone so stereotypical that even my extremely un-politically correct wrinkled old cracker ass was embarrased, and there's a bug that prevents you from finishing the game without downloading a huge patch which wipes out your saved games. But I can think of another bargain-bin waste of money that's even worse - a console port named Die Hard: Nagasawki Plaza. You start out on the top level of a small office building and easily kill all the bad guys except for one, who simply will not die. Even pouring a full magazine into his head at point-blank range doesn't dissuade him from his favorite activity, which is running non-stop into a wall. Eventually I just left him running in place, but either he had to do something or I did because none of the doors would open and the level wouldn't end. I restarted the game several times, and the same thing happened each time. All the characters were easily killed (mostly while stuck on doors or running in place) except the one immortal, who screamed and splattered blood but just kept running in place.

Still pisses me off.

raankh

Nov 28, 2007
Kesash said:
... your game sucks like Cygnus X-1 (that's a black hole, btw).
Actually it's an x-ray binary, an O-class supergiant and a candidate black hole companion (due to the inferred mass of the companion).

You can see Cygnus X-1 with a pair of good binoculars on a clear night, but of course you're seeing the blue supergiant.

Sorry, the astrogeek in me just had to say that.

shadow skill

Oct 12, 2007
Number one has to go to Bullet Witch....Goddamn that game was bad.

Gears Of War and HL2 Orange box for the 360 come in tied for the second spot because I can't decide which is worse not checking your button assignment code and adjusting the game controls so that users reassining actions to the Dpad are not prevented from switching weapon classes in the case of the Orange Box. Or forgetting to adjust the keymapping for the face buttons but allowing users to change the stick mappings making it virtually impossible to hold the controller correctly in order to press A and still have control over your character at the same time.

Three Bioshock, game is just plain boring. Advent Rising did pretty much everything better than that game and the story fell apart at the end.

NeoSpriggan

Dec 5, 2007
Oh no, bad memories returning! >_<
It would have to be Mission Impossible on the NES64, bad controls, worse graphics, and so ridiculously hard to do anything right!

Dec 4, 2007
I'm surprised no one has cast their vote in for Daikatana yet! C'mon guys! Show some class! Hate some Romero! It is essential that any visting alien civilizations never learn of that game. If they do, we will clearly be deemed to dangerous and stupid to be kept as slaves and annhilated from orbit with mass drivers.

Actually, I take that back. Deus Ex 2, simply on the merit that is the greatest disappointment in the history of disappointment. I mean, honestly. They took all the things that made Deus Ex great and tossed them into a giant furnace filled with all my hopes and dreams.

Fuck you Ion Storm. Fuck you.

MacCarth

Nov 18, 2007
I actually bought superman 64, the game rated "worst game ever" to see if it took the crown.

It did.

Unresponsive controls, god ugly graphics, stupid, stupid enemies... it was a game that you'd want to pull an office space on (smashing it into itty, bitty pieces). Actually, smashing it would give me more pleasure than playing it. It'd make me feel like it was 2.50 worth spending

p1ne

Nov 20, 2007
The worst game I ever payed money for was probably the Temple of Elemental Evil. It was especially insulting because it was obvious that the game had a solid core to it, but there was no story whatsoever and the bugs just killed it. Managing to actually finish the game with all the bugs it had was a real achievement - I never did it, the final boss (which was a freakin' badass showdown on its own merits!) always locked up my computer.

Copter400

Sep 14, 2007
I don't actually have the capability of naming the worst game I've ever played off the top of my head, I was born with some cruel emotional defect that gives me the patience of a saint and renders me nearly incapable of hating anyone or anything. So I'll just say a pretty bad game.

Drakengard. Now, the storyline was good, and the art was delectable, but the combat took monotonous to whole new levels. It consisted of you and/or your dragon fighting unfair ammounts of enemies by pressing the square button ever and over again with the occasional magic attack, and then the red guys came along who were invincible to magic! The music was bad too. Sure the sharp violin thing was pretty cool and unexpected for an Action-RPG, but it loops for infinity!

blackfly01

Dec 5, 2007
Damn, heavenly patience... wish I had that sometimes.

But for me it's easy, The Ring: Terror's Realm for the Dreamcast. I should've known to steer clear from it seeing how I tend to dislike most survival horror games based off of series outside of actual gaming media ie: Parasite Eve, Evil Dead and this garbagey game. I suppose the plot twists make up for it, but overall it's a lame game with horrible controls, music that makes you borderline suicidal and graphics that, despite their efforts, make you want to claw at your eyes... seriously, Countdown Vampires AND RM?J the Mystery Hospital were more entertaining to play than this one and both those games sucked (admittedly though, I liked their graphical detail in some parts).

Danimal3K

Dec 5, 2007
~~I'll give it credit for not being the worst game ever made (before I contradict that statement numerous times in the rest of the post) but the amount of love that Psychonauts gets in the gaming community these days is downright embarassing. This game was crap in pretty much every aspect and yet people hail it as the greatest digital entertainment of all time and we should all bow down and apologize to Tim Schafer for not buying this unimpressive turd. That the Xbox360 fall update included it as one of the first Xbox Originals downloads is just insult to injury. There's a reason this game sold so poorly: It. Sucks. Ass. Psychonauts is the worst game ever made. Ever ever.

~~Take hideous, hideous character designs, mix in craptastic controls and combat (the game's double jump is probably the worst execution, of this very basic move, in all of gaming), a story that tries way, way too hard to be wacked out and trippy, and top it all off with a difficulty curve that ruins any kind of endgame they were going for. Not to mention the lamest main charater and support cast in any game I've ever played, and you've got the worst game of all time.

~~Okami was incredibly great and underappreciated. Same with Shadow of Colossus, Indigo Prophecy, Eternal Darkness and dozens of other games wortthy of your time and accolades, all toiling in obscurity. Psychonauts easily gets my vote for worst game ever even conceived of. It is absolutely terrible in every regard and is overappreciated by wrongfully-smug game journalists who've never kissed a girl the world over. Screw Tim Schafer. And his crap game.

rawlight

Sep 11, 2007
Danimal3K said:
~~I'll give it credit for not being the worst game ever made (before I contradict that statement numerous times in the rest of the post) but the amount of love that Psychonauts gets in the gaming community these days is downright embarassing. This game was crap in pretty much every aspect and yet people hail it as the greatest digital entertainment of all time and we should all bow down and apologize to Tim Schafer for not buying this unimpressive turd. That the Xbox360 fall update included it as one of the first Xbox Originals downloads is just insult to injury. There's a reason this game sold so poorly: It. Sucks. Ass. Psychonauts is the worst game ever made. Ever ever.

~~Take hideous, hideous character designs, mix in craptastic controls and combat (the game's double jump is probably the worst execution, of this very basic move, in all of gaming), a story that tries way, way too hard to be wacked out and trippy, and top it all off with a difficulty curve that ruins any kind of endgame they were going for. Not to mention the lamest main charater and support cast in any game I've ever played, and you've got the worst game of all time.

~~Okami was incredibly great and underappreciated. Same with Shadow of Colossus, Indigo Prophecy, Eternal Darkness and dozens of other games wortthy of your time and accolades, all toiling in obscurity. Psychonauts easily gets my vote for worst game ever even conceived of. It is absolutely terrible in every regard and is overappreciated by wrongfully-smug game journalists who've never kissed a girl the world over. Screw Tim Schafer. And his crap game.
Somewhere a bridge is missing a troll...

Vortigar

Nov 8, 2007
Worst game I ever played was probably Street Fighter EX3... It's so incredibly bland its not funny any more. I also agree on Tiberium Sun, that was a bucket of potential wasted there.

Joe:
Finished SmashTV in 15 minutes? That's practically impossible. And this game is also insanely hard to finish at all. I had an easier time with the Metal Slugs. I loved this game's premise (and have always found the parallels with Unreal Tournament worthy of a good laugh), but it gets a tad boring after a while.

aside:
I prefer GoldenEye over Halo as well, I played both for about four hours or so. GoldenEye was impressive for its time, Halo seemed to me like a giant pile of meh and I played that soon after release as well. To call it bad is overdoing it, there's far worse in the shooter genre.

Stella Q

Nov 18, 2007
Bible Adventures (NES) - My mom got it for me for Christmas when I was about 7 or 8. I'm an atheist now and I don't think the two are unrelated.

Shane.Z

Sep 26, 2007
E fucking T

I have a copy of that game, which I used to play as a kid and you can honestly beat it in 2 minutes when you're a four year old.