The worst game you've ever played

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Most likely Sonic 06.

That game was a train-wreck. In more than one sense of the phrase.

Zeh Don

Jul 27, 2008
There's a few contenders, and it's difficult for me to select one, so I'll just list the two primary games:

1. SPORE
The sad thing about SPORE is that the developers actually achieved the impossible: they built an entire Galaxy to explore, and re-created a basic simulation of evolution. It works. They did it.
Then, they decided to strip out all of the content from the game before release with the intention of selling it back via Expansion Packs (See: The Sims).
And, so, the game was the first game I've ever played that had no actual gameplay. You go through a handful of 30 minute boring mini-games till you get to Space Stage and realise you've wasted your money because that's all the game has. Boring doesn't even begin to describe SPORE.
What the fuck am I supposed to be doing? There's nothing to find when you explore. There's nothing to spend money on. There's no reason to do "missions" because you get money from them. All the creature's in the entire galaxy have the same A.I. All of them. Every game plays out exactly the same.

2. Resident Evil 5
Talk about a botched game design.
It doesn't work as a survival horror game thanks to persistant presence of a second person.
It doesn't work as an action game thanks to the tank controls and survival horror gameplay mechanics.
It doesn't work as a single player game thanks to the terrible A.I. and inventory systems.
It doesn't work as a Co-Op game because it doesn't distance itself enough from the single player mechanics of previous Resident Evil games; there is no team work.
So, it's a Co-Op focused Survival Horror Action Game that doesn't work as anyhting it's trying to be.
And fuck the end boss. Seriously. Worst End Boss sequence(s) of any game ever made. Ever. Hands down. Fuck it.

Jake Lewis Clayton

Apr 22, 2010
Dan Steele said:
Lord of the rings conquest

I actually have a signed copy of that, (signed by one of the artists, who ended up teaching at my college) It was a running joke in our class how shit the game was, so we all bourght some copies and got them signed.

If you ever looked at a house in the shire and thought, damn thats a nice house you have graham to thank for that.

Pandabearparade

Mar 23, 2011
I usually have a very good filter on what games I do and don't buy, so I rarely buy a game that disappoints me. That said: Dragon Age II.

major28

Feb 25, 2010
cubix raging robots... for those of you who have had the good fortune not to have had to play this game basicly its about a kid with a robot that fights other robots that are trash cans or gardening equipment or a toilet, basicly you use your robot to battle another robot and the results are literally decided by spinning a wheel and wherever the wheel lands that is who wins.

I bought it thinking it was something else, played it for 20 minutes and then threw the game away.

SAMAS

Aug 27, 2009
Virtual On MARZ. As someone who absolutely loved Virtual On: Oratorio Tangram, I found MARZ's controls to be virtually unplayable for no damn good reason.

Zeh Don said:
There's a few contenders, and it's difficult for me to select one, so I'll just list the two primary games:

1. SPORE
The sad thing about SPORE is that the developers actually achieved the impossible: they built an entire Galaxy to explore, and re-created a basic simulation of evolution. It works. They did it.
Then, they decided to strip out all of the content from the game before release with the intention of selling it back via Expansion Packs (See: The Sims).
And, so, the game was the first game I've ever played that had no actual gameplay. You go through a handful of 30 minute boring mini-games till you get to Space Stage and realise you've wasted your money because that's all the game has. Boring doesn't even begin to describe SPORE.
What the fuck am I supposed to be doing? There's nothing to find when you explore. There's nothing to spend money on. There's no reason to do "missions" because you get money from them. All the creature's in the entire galaxy have the same A.I. All of them. Every game plays out exactly the same.

2. Resident Evil 5
Talk about a botched game design.
It doesn't work as a survival horror game thanks to persistant presence of a second person.
It doesn't work as an action game thanks to the tank controls and survival horror gameplay mechanics.
It doesn't work as a single player game thanks to the terrible A.I. and inventory systems.
It doesn't work as a Co-Op game because it doesn't distance itself enough from the single player mechanics of previous Resident Evil games; there is no team work.
So, it's a Co-Op focused Survival Horror Action Game that doesn't work as anyhting it's trying to be.
And fuck the end boss. Seriously. Worst End Boss sequence(s) of any game ever made. Ever. Hands down. Fuck it.
I envy you.

If those two are the worst games you have ever played, you have never played a truly BAD game.

deakin_j

Mar 14, 2011
Possibly Risen (may be to do with tv not being huge, or high def, but couldn't read any of the dialogue options or subtitles, so pretty much gave up on it, as what's the point in an RPG where you can't follow the story?), although Hour of Victory, Crysis 2, Legendary and Damnation were also very, very bad.

Dan Steele

Jul 30, 2010
Jake Lewis Clayton said:
Dan Steele said:
Lord of the rings conquest

I actually have a signed copy of that, (signed by one of the artists, who ended up teaching at my college) It was a running joke in our class how shit the game was, so we all bourght some copies and got them signed.

If you ever looked at a house in the shire and thought, damn thats a nice house you have graham to thank for that.
Nice, I almost feel bad for the poor guy being remembered for a game like that. you know the 5 things I hated about that game were
A) It took forever to get back up when you were knocked down
B) There was no variation in the orks, in the movie they were so varied and mixed up in terms of weapons and armor. In the game they all looked identical
c) It was nothing like the free play mode in battle front, you couldn't select grunts to be on your side.
D) The scout is the most over powered class in existence, tell me how a simple lift up and back stab can kill fucking SAURON The 8 foot giant demigod with a death mace!
E) Everybody in the online played as the mage and the maps were so small compared to the bulking behemoth sets I saw in the movies.

Otaku World Order

Nov 24, 2011
Scarim Coral said:
Alone in the dark Wii version and I tend to avoid playing bad games in the first place except for that.
I bought that one for ten bucks and the soundtrack CD was the only good thing in the box. Seriously, who designed those shitty remote and nunchuck driving controls?!

Worst game in recent history that I've played: Quantum Theory. Dull gameplay. Sluggish controls. Awful characters. Worse protagonist. Uninteresting story. I know this thing was billed as a Gears of War rip-off, but damn...

geK0

Jun 24, 2011
Front Mission Evolved.

shouldn't have bought it, regretted it very much. I assumed it would be good because I liked the rest of the series.

Lucian The Lugia

Nov 4, 2011
DailonCmann said:
Hunted: The Demon's Forge. It was like Gears of War: Elf edition, with all the things that made Gears of War any good at all removed.
As Yahtzee said; "A shit game for twats."

I'd have to say the worst I can remember playing is Sonic and the Secret Rings on the Wii, but I actually surprisingly got far in that game. I find the infamous Sonic 06 to be worse because I quit that game because it was bugged up the ass.

EDIT: And I actually OWN E.T..

jawakiller

Jan 14, 2011
I would put Duke Nukem Forever on this list. That and DC Universe. I played a few minutes before realizing that every power was exactly the same. -.- Not cool in a genre that prides itself with having individuals super powers.

There are a few more like a lot of the final fantasy games suck but I wouldn't say they were the worst...

Can't say I like any game made for the Wii, especially "normal" games turned into Wii titles.

I have no idea. I've played a lot of games but I have no idea which ones were the worst. Some were lame, some retarded and others so bad I thought the makers should have been dragged out and shot but I'm terrible at making lists like this.

Oooooh, I know. E.T.

Oh god, what have I done?

Peteron

Oct 9, 2009
Shadow-Phoenix said:
In my opinion Skyrim.

No need to explain myself because my opinion is my own and shall not change.
Just pointing out two things
1) I believe in a previous thread you actually pointed out the fact that you didn't hate the game? Very recently, in fact.
2) You also hadn't even gotten it, if my memory is correct?

As for me, probably Splinter Cell, Conviction. Repetative, all the enemies sound the exact same and have the same dialogue, either too easy or too hard, etc.

Adam Mann

Nov 28, 2011
Anyone here ever play vampire rain? Its on the 360 and it was truly bad. The tutorial levels (the bit that explains what to do) were crazy hard, very badly explained and made me not give a crap about playing it ever again :/

Robert632

May 11, 2009
That remake of Turok a few years back. It was barely playable and I couldn't even slog through the first few levels before shutting it off out of boredom.
WorldofHarvis said:
Resi 5!

Obviously I haven't played every game ever but Jesus that game was so bad.

And I only paid £10 for it and I still felt robbed!
I can one up you there, as I borrowed Turok from a friend, and still felt robbed.