The WORST invention you've ever seen.

S29 Afterlife

Jun 3, 2009
So, I was reading a few forums, and THIS came up..

What is that?
It's called a RAPEX.
Women in Africa use it to prevent rape.
It works like a parking lot spike strip; you can roll in, but DON'T ROLL OUT.
There is teeth in it, so pulling out would just result in immense amounts of pain.

Why don't you guys post other ungodly inventions and tell us what it does?

Azaradel

Jan 7, 2009
http://funhoo.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Dvd-rewinder-fail-590x486.gif

Oh wait... you said worst, not best...

http://www.gadgetking.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/image-thumb7.png
Motherfucking golf segways. They make me want to harm people.
You've got to applaud them, though... they somehow managed to make golf even whiter.

crudus

Oct 20, 2008

Fantastic. All the advantages of walking with all the disadvantages of being out of control and unable to stop!

Azaradel said:

Isn't that just a photoshop job anyway?

Dracowrath

Jul 7, 2011
The snuggee. Not so much horrifying, but stupid. It's just a backwards robe, and if you're too stupid to handle a blanket, it's time to reevaluate yourself.

grimsprice

Jun 28, 2009
crudus said:

Fantastic. All the advantages of walking with all the disadvantages of being out of control and unable to stop!

Azaradel said:

Isn't that just a photoshop job anyway?
No. its real. I paid 20 bucks for one. Best purchase ever.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
S29 Afterlife said:

What is that?
It's called a RAPEX.
There is teeth in it, so pulling out would just result in immense amounts of pain.
That's actually a pretty good idea, except they should have the teeth pointing the other way so that insertion causes an immense amount of pain.

Blue2

Mar 19, 2010
The basic idea that the black people could be slaves for white people.

Dear lazy jerks of the past
Thanks to make life harder and more shame about ourselves for your lazy asses.
Signed: People in the future

P.S. Thanks for the women issues we have too. Jerks!

Hitokiri_Gensai

Jul 17, 2010
S29 Afterlife said:

What is that?
It's called a RAPEX.

Why don't you guys post other ungodly inventions and tell us what it does?
thats probably the LAST thing on EARTH id insert in my vagina. i dont care if it prevents rape, so does my .40 caliber handgun. itd be like walking around with a floppy dildo all day long.

*shudders*

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
You can't really call the rapex horrible; i mean, if you end up on the wrong side (the inside) of that little gizmo, you're a fucktard and you deserve it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_violence_in_South_Africa

When you live as a woman in a place with an estimated 40% lifetime likelyhood of rape, where the device was developed, you need things like rapex.
canadamus_prime said:
That's actually a pretty good idea, except they should have the teeth pointing the other way so that insertion causes an immense amount of pain.
It didn't work as well. This device must generally be removed at a hospital.

ANYHOO.

My favorite invention is the back-patter.

Also, the worst invention is the CAR ALARM.

The first car alarm? Genius! Every car alarm since? WORTHLESS. When was the last time you looked out the window when a car alarm went off? Never. You just made an annoyed grunt or mentioned something about "those idiot fuckers" who set off their own alarm at 3 am.

ImperialSunlight

Nov 18, 2009
Akytalusia said:
the weapon. hands down. worst invention ever.
But how do we get food if we have no weapons?
How do we enforce the law?
Protect the innocent?

OT: No invention is bad. It just teaches us what not to do in the future.

PleasantAsAHeadcrab

Jan 22, 2011
I once saw a 'buttock smacking apparatus' or something which was basically a wheel with feet and a crank so you could be kicked in the arse repeatedly by it.

I am deeply concerned by the sort of person that wants to be kicked in the arse repeatedly in the first place.

CatsAttackAgain

Jul 14, 2010
Portable make up kits. Who is so busy that they literally can't take 5 minuets out of their day. If you're that busy than you don't have a life to look good for.

EdwardOrchard

Jan 12, 2011
Overlord93 said:
Wow, that was awesome. Thanks for that. Nostalgia alert. I was never rad enough to get a virtual boy, but I remember my Dad and I always thinking that that shit was the future.

Slaanesh

Aug 1, 2011
thiosk said:
You can't really call the rapex horrible; i mean, if you end up on the wrong side (the inside) of that little gizmo, you're a fucktard and you deserve it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_violence_in_South_Africa

When you live as a woman in a place with an estimated 40% lifetime likelyhood of rape, where the device was developed, you need things like rapex.
Ever hear of gang rape? Happens more often then a single rapist attacking a woman in South Africa. So, if a woman was raped by a gang, she may be spared. Now if she wore the Rapex, how do you think those thugs would feel about her shredding one of their buddy's dick? I can imagine the poor woman being in un-describable pain soon after. And killed in the worst fashion possible. Rapex was made with a good idea and intention in mind(Fucking the rapist over) but sadly, it would just make the woman subject to a hellish "punishment" for wearing it. So, in a nutshell, the Rapex is really a horrible invention.

EDIT: Also, if a guy had his dick shredded, I see 1 of 2 things happening:
1) Guy passes out, girl calls cops. Rapex worked.
2) Guy is enraged, brutalizes and kills girl. Rapex worked again, prevented rape but caused a murder.