The Wreck-It Ralph Sequel Has a Title

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
The Wreck-It Ralph Sequel Has a Title

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1392/1392432.jpg

The Wreck-It Ralph sequel we've been eagerly anticipating finally has a title.

Often regarded as one of the best movies about video games, Disney [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/escape-to-the-movies/6469-Wreck-It-Ralph] at this year's Cinemacon, we now know what its title will be.

The new film will be called Ralph Breaks the Internet, and will focus on Ralph (voice of John C. Reilly [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/john+c+reilly]) as he ventures away from the arcade he calls home and heads out into cyberspace after gaining access to a WiFi router.

Jack McBrayer [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/rich+moore] are all set to reprise their roles.

Ralph Breaks the Internet is scheduled to hit theaters on March 9, 2018.

[gallery=7109]

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
Please, god, no memes. If they can't help themselves, at least have them be video game-related like All Your Base and Leeroy Jenkins.

JCAll

Oct 12, 2011
Aerosteam said:
Please, god, no memes. If they can't help themselves, at least have them be video game-related like All Your Base and Leeroy Jenkins.
Oh man, if CATS is the main villain, and speaks entirely in engrish, I will go this this day 1.

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
I'll probably give it a pass. The first movie ended up being a feature length candy commercial for children that had to bend backwards over itself to make its plot work.I don't think they'll fix it with yet more arbitrary rules and advertising.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
To be honest that seems like an interesting sequel, particularly if they explore things like F2P games compared to old arcade games.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Marter said:
Often regarded as one of the best movies about video games, Wreck-It Ralph [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/escape-to-the-movies/6469-Wreck-It-Ralph] was released in 2012 to strong reviews, glowing audience reports, and more than enough money to justify making a sequel.
Sure, considering the success of the first movie, a sequel is "justified"...but the question is do we "need" another one? Can't we just appreciate the first one for the greatness it achieved? Here's a novel idea: try to come up with a new original idea that's just as good as Wreck-It Ralph rather than making a sequel just because the first movie - which was a well told and completely enclosed story - did so well.

JemothSkarii

Thanks!
Nov 9, 2010
RJ 17 said:
WHAT? But trying something original isn't as likely to print money! Doing something original would involve...

TAKING RISKS

Obviously a sequel to a well received animated movie is the safer, profit filled bet. play it safe, otherwise Hollywood might run out of money. Then no more movies would be made!
You don't want that do you?

OT: Dripping sarcasm aside... I was hoping they wouldn't try for a sequel for this. It's fine on it's own, and it's going to get completely driven into the ground by pop culture references and video game memes (I feel like stating both of those is redundant).
Considering how many were in the first movie, it will be quite the feat.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
It was the logical progression, with how big the internet is, but that name just sucks. Hell, it already sounds like they are ripping off a meme.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Aerosteam said:
In your heart, you know this is going to end up as Ralph vs PG-/pol/.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
The title doesn't suprised me. I mean early concept to the first film was title High Score, Joe Jump and then Reboot Ralph before settling with the one we got today.

Veylon

Aug 15, 2008
I liked the first one, even if it could've used a few more rewrites.

Where the heck do you even go with another one, though? Everything was pretty neatly tied up. I mean, sure, you can always have the excuse that there's a MacGuffin somewhere that the cast has to go get or a villain that they have to beat up, but those are pretty thin plots.

The_State

Jun 25, 2008
I have a real big problem with Wreck it Ralph. It's not that it used iconic video game characters in a bait and switch tactic to make you think it was going to be about the video games you loved. It's not that the plot made little sense even within its own logic. It's not even that the biggest moments of dramatic tension could have been alleviated with little more than a simple conversation.

Every time I see Vanellope Schweetz, I can't help but imagine her with Kristen Schall's voice. We had the movie on low volume at work for a couple of weeks with the subtitles on (great for keeping kids entertained while their parents look at eyeglasses) and every time I saw her lines, I imagined Louise from Bob's Burgers, not (insert something relevant that Sarah Silverman did. I can't be bothered to find it, myself.) It would have been a much better fit.

BeeGeenie

May 30, 2012
Wreck-It Ralph goes to the internet, stumbles upon some R34 of himself, and goes home for a long, long shower.

The End.

This will not end well. They're gonna wreck it!