The "Write your own" captchas--what do you write?

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
So I had a very interesting captcha just now on a post. It said "Describe the product you see here in your own word(s)" and above was the logo for Miller Lite. Unlike most captchas, I was not only compelled to think about it, but I was also compelled to care a bit about what I wrote. After a minute I decided on "Light beer? How girly is that?"

Has anyone else encountered one of these new captchas yet? And if so, what did you write?

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
I've only had one of those, but I know I wrote something juvenile.

Colinmac93

Mar 20, 2011
I have never seen these DIY captchas, but I really want to now after you described them.

Suicidejim

Jul 1, 2011
Yeah, I just had one for mineral water. I believe my response was 'moist.' I'm a little concerned by what appear to be advertising in my captchas, to be honest.

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
I just write "******". I don't see it being useful to any brand. Also, that's what I'd put for the optional word in the previous CAPTCHA. Just because.

Suicidejim

Jul 1, 2011
bahumat42 said:
Suicidejim said:
Yeah, I just had one for mineral water. I believe my response was 'moist.' I'm a little concerned by what appear to be advertising in my captchas, to be honest.
whys it different than anywhere else on the site having adverts.

If it keeps this place free and mostly awesome it should be worth it.
Personally I'm just one of those people who's suspicious of advertisements suddenly appearing in previously advertisement-free zones. That, and this specific sort seems to cross the line between "Let us tell you about our product" and "We're too lazy to do market research, so we're gonna make you tell us about our stuff before you post."

I'm not saying they aren't necessary, but it doesn't mean I have to like them.

EDIT: Also:

Lilani said:
Unlike most captchas, I was not only compelled to think about it, but I was also compelled to care a bit about what I wrote.
Unlike most adverts, these aren't passive, and are a lot more effective, as you can see. Whether you see this as good or bad is up to you, but it certainly is different.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Well with the only one I've gotten I was more than a little annoyed since it was the 5th post in a row in which it asked me for a captcha so I just typed "5 captchas in a row? Seriously just leave me alone" or something like that, I have no problem with captchas but seriously 5 in a row is more than a little annoying, I don't even remember what product it was I was just annoyed that it was there.

Akimoto

Nov 22, 2011
Fus Roh Da!

...no, just kidding. neurotic bunny dashing (off the top of my head)

CrazyBlaze

Jul 12, 2011
No. I wrote No. I refused to describe the product in question. But man who else loves the new captchas. So much better than the ones that are all sqiually and damn near impossible to read.