There Will Be Brawl Marathon Starts Today

RikSharp

Feb 11, 2009
the description of the game noir badge is "watched every episode of there will be brawl"...
clearly thats not possible yet but we has the badge...

jebbo

Jul 17, 2009
post from the creators girlfriend on the above discussion link:

Seriously Matt (Matthew Mercer) just got home from editing all day at Jordan's (he's been gone for 4 day doing nothing but editing with no sleep) and now his body is literally forcing him to rest . I have not seen my boyfriend in this much stress and disarray since we have been dating in our four years together. His back spazzed on him just sitting in the chair today. When he came home limping he set up his computer up to start editing again and was saying over and over again " I have to finish it". He collapsed on our bedroom floor, I massage is back hoping it would ease his pain. When he tried to get back up he was in excruciating pain.
HE CAN NOT EVEN LIFT HIS OWN BODY UP TO THE COMPUTER CHAIR! So I am forcing him to rest. It's impossible for one man to edit a almost feature length film in a few days!! He's killing himself. I put a pillow under his head and hope that his back is better when he wakes up.

Matt is so loyal to you guys that hes not even taking care of his own body in order to make sure you guys are happy with his hard work.

As his girlfriend I'm respectfully telling you guys to chill out and support Matt by letting him rest, he deserves it more than anyone I know. I know that as soon as he gets back up he will be finishing it up.

Thank you
JoEllen Elam

I for one will happily wait until tomorrow for this if it's putting the man through so much, anything to make sure its perfect. It's obviously the Escapist's fault for putting up a time when he wasn't ready. The guy needs as many Christmas cookies as we can possibly provide =)

drbarno

Nov 18, 2009
yea i do agree with that, and now that i know what time is estimated, i can easily wait till then.

Feb 18, 2009
jebbo said:
*snip*
The guy needs as many Christmas cookies as we can possibly provide =)
And possibly a chiropractor, and a vacation.

But seriously, dedication as adamantine, and bordering as close on suicidal, as his deserves a respect. I hope people can relax a bit now that we´re up-to-date again.

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/6.161513?page=3#4182159 <--
Seeing that post, I can happily wait for as long as it takes, even if it didn't come out until next year. They all deserve any rest they need, and I'm not about to deny them that.
We owe them.

Gindil

Nov 28, 2009
That is Batshit insane, Mercer. You do not need to kill yourself for your craft. Take some time to get some sleep. I know the hounds will be here nipping at you to finish but dammit, we have 9 episodes! The tenth can take a few more days to finish. And if it's an hour long, we'll wait and LIKE IT!

Wait, what is it, some kind of e-book reader?
No, it's BETTER than an E-Reader! More powerful than a locomotive (because it has those too) able to see tall buildings, it's the OUTSIDE DOORS!

And if you don't like it, YOU CAN TAKE IT UP WITH ME! 100% Guaranteed or I send you a postcard that proves you don't exist!

Hey_look_a_cat

Dec 31, 2008
Matt needs rest, while I may have to take my waiting frustration out in GTA or Smash Bros. I am willing to wait months as long as he gets rest and doesn't kill himself for the video (also I have edited under exhaustion, not fun, and I am usually pissed at the work afterwords, so get rest dude and come back at a 100% don't go running on the 10% your body needs to keep blood pumping and your heart beating)

oh and if it as long as people say it is, My god I can wait a year

capacollo

Nov 17, 2009
jebbo said:
post from the creators girlfriend on the above discussion link:

Seriously Matt (Matthew Mercer) just got home from editing all day at Jordan's (he's been gone for 4 day doing nothing but editing with no sleep) and now his body is literally forcing him to rest . I have not seen my boyfriend in this much stress and disarray since we have been dating in our four years together. His back spazzed on him just sitting in the chair today. When he came home limping he set up his computer up to start editing again and was saying over and over again " I have to finish it". He collapsed on our bedroom floor, I massage is back hoping it would ease his pain. When he tried to get back up he was in excruciating pain.
HE CAN NOT EVEN LIFT HIS OWN BODY UP TO THE COMPUTER CHAIR! So I am forcing him to rest. It's impossible for one man to edit a almost feature length film in a few days!! He's killing himself. I put a pillow under his head and hope that his back is better when he wakes up.

Matt is so loyal to you guys that hes not even taking care of his own body in order to make sure you guys are happy with his hard work.

As his girlfriend I'm respectfully telling you guys to chill out and support Matt by letting him rest, he deserves it more than anyone I know. I know that as soon as he gets back up he will be finishing it up.

Thank you
JoEllen Elam

I for one will happily wait until tomorrow for this if it's putting the man through so much, anything to make sure its perfect. It's obviously the Escapist's fault for putting up a time when he wasn't ready. The guy needs as many Christmas cookies as we can possibly provide =)
All the hard work hasn't gone unnoticed. Rest up and recoup. Considering the effort put out I'd wait as long as need be.

Sep 13, 2009
eek! 4 days without rest? That is getting super close to the danger zone. Make to sleep alot, and drink water. Lot's and lots o' water

MrSnugglesworth

Into the Wild Green Snuggle
Jan 15, 2009
A great Show.

I watched the first episode and didn't enjoy it, but almost exactly like Apocalypse Lane, I rewatched it, and really liked it.

karkashan

Corrin Married Xander
May 4, 2009
Okay, yeah, now that I know what's going on, I'm not nearly as impatient as I was earlier in the weekend. (I thought it was some weird technical glitch or something)

I hope that dude gets enough rest and takes it easy.

NecaviOmnes

Nov 18, 2009
I love the work in this series. I think Matt has done a phenomenal job with only 9 episodes and I will gladly wait for him to recover and watch the series when the new year rolls around.

Copter400

Sep 14, 2007
jebbo said:
I don't know if Mr. Mercer will be able to see this, but I thank him for providing all of this free entertainment with this delicious picture of green tea ice cream and red bean topping.

So yeah, the dude can take his time.

Hansonite

Dec 13, 2009
Well i guess when they said they were going to delay it a "little" bit that little bit takes a long time.

AgentChunk

Jul 27, 2009
Gindil said:
A few suggestions to ease the pain:

TF2

Nerfnow

Actual outdoors

Gym Time!

Buy X-mas gifts

Take pictures of outside world

See Avatar

See a good movie

Spend time with family and friends

Get off the computer and sleep

Learn Bushido

Watch anything Joss Whedon

-------------------------------------------

Come on guys. Let's enjoy the day. :)
Normally I'd agree with Tf2 but now with the over powered Direct Hit it isn't as fun anymore. The really need to nerf it.

AgentChunk

Jul 27, 2009
Gindil said:
That is Batshit insane, Mercer. You do not need to kill yourself for your craft. Take some time to get some sleep. I know the hounds will be here nipping at you to finish but dammit, we have 9 episodes! The tenth can take a few more days to finish. And if it's an hour long, we'll wait and LIKE IT!

Wait, what is it, some kind of e-book reader?
No, it's BETTER than an E-Reader! More powerful than a locomotive (because it has those too) able to see tall buildings, it's the OUTSIDE DOORS!

And if you don't like it, YOU CAN TAKE IT UP WITH ME! 100% Guaranteed or I send you a postcard that proves you don't exist!
But I already got one of those from Saxton Hale!!

Copter400

Sep 14, 2007
AgentChunk said:
Gindil said:

But I already got one of those from Saxton Hale!!
You should have bought TEN of those from Saxton Hale!

Cyberjester

Oct 10, 2009
Madshaw said:
I don't realy understand why we get badges just for watching videos but oh well
We get badges for copy/pasting a Steam URL into account details. At least watching vids would take some effort. Effort being used in the loosest sense of the word..