There Will Be Brawl: There Will Be Brawl: On Set

Skootle13

Dec 24, 2008
WarpZone said:
Just chill, guys. Okay?

It'll be out when it's out.

A couple of days ago we were all telling Matt to take his sweet time. Remember?

If you're that worried about it, stop hanging out here, and *start* hanging out at the official Brawl production forum:

http://therewillbebrawl.forumotion.net/there-will-be-brawl-the-web-series-f1/ep-10-disc-thread-final-episode-is-exporting-and-will-be-up-soon-thanks-editing-team-t416.htm
So, us saying we're tired of waiting in the dark is somehow us over-reacting?

I've been lurking those forums for a while, and to be blunt, I'm not very interested in joining. And what, may I ask, does going to another forum effect? I'll stop worrying if I go over there? That doesn't make sense at all =p

secretshadow90

Feb 10, 2009
For all interested there is a thread titled "Where the hell is our THERE WILL BE BRAWL finale" that is newer (made yesterday) and includes a quote from Gavin about extra trouble (ok, so the quote is from Thursday so it's old news but it's something). Perhaps if we ask nicely someone will answer our question.

EDIT: OK, so the escapist went on a thread deleting rampage about the finale topic and that thread is gone. And in other new, we have heard... nothing. Yeah...

aetheryte

Dec 22, 2009
Perhaps individual posts will be deleted as well.

I have only been visiting Escapist Magazine for a few months thanks to this web series, however, after the finale of "There Will Be Brawl" I will not be returning.

The creators of the show have produced and completed their end of the spectrum. I am aware of the dilemmas that occurred and a mishap with the "expected" date of release. Including but not limited to... Matthew working to exhaustion in efforts to bring the fans of this series the final episode. Updates in small form have been given from the series' network site on their forums, albeit it isn't much, they have at least given information to us.

The fact and the manner in which Escapist Magazine is treating their errors is truly asinine. Any one person and any collective group of people are able to make mistakes. Ignoring the fact they have done so and belligerently deleting threads pertaining to the show, plus requests for information, is simply unprofessional.

It would be interesting to find out how many new, unique users, "There Will Be Brawl" brought to this website. I would not doubt for a second that it's a substantial amount and there is indeed revenue made in some form by this. Keeping the community in the dark and not making an open effort to alleviate what is an apparent concern to the users is their "professional" answer.

Addressing the problem, clarifying simple questions the community is asking for, in addition to naming a resolution is a certainly going to garner more assurance and solidify the return of users. Bravo for failing at such a simple and minor effort Escapist Magazine.

Skootle13

Dec 24, 2008
aetheryte said:
Addressing the problem, clarifying simple questions the community is asking for, in addition to naming a resolution is a certainly going to garner more assurance and solidify the return of users. Bravo for failing at such a simple and minor effort Escapist Magazine.
very well put ^^

The thing I don't get is WHY they aren't saying anything. I don't see them gaining anything by leaving us in the dark about it.

Nunatak

Oct 22, 2009
Like so many users here, I have spent a long time waiting for the last episode and am frankly quite astonished by the way the Escapist appears to consequently choose not to release any kind of information pertaining the status of the release.

Escapist Staff, first of all, I want to thank you for picking up There Will Be Brawl and providing the creators with the necessary financial means to finish what has become an amazing series with a large, enthusiastic fanbase, myself one of them. Without your help, the project might not have been in existance today.

However, as the posters above me already pointed out, user loyalty is extremely important to websites that offer their content for free and gather most, if not all of their revenue from advertisements. The deflation of Gamespot.com after the Kane & Lynch scandal is a good example of this. I'm not saying that this is an issue of similar scale to the one at hand, but I do believe that a professional staff will recognize that reassuring the many fans of There Will be Brawl with a simple notice can do wonders for the angry outburst that's currently taking place.

I don't know about this supposed thread/post-deletion, but I'm sure the Escapist has already received many e-mails and many forum posts of loyal users who are in the dark. I also remember that, despite the fact that the Escapist's funding making this series possible, there have been a lot of delays and multiple times when content was mysteriously delayed because payments supposedly came late, or there was another, unclear reason. To me, this most recent mystery of a release date being pushed forward followed by no communication after the (natural) resulting delay, is just another happening in an apparent sequence of events.

I think we have enough circumstantial evidence to assume in the least that the professional relationship between the creators of TWBB and the Escapist has been a bit of a stormy one, their arguments and fights being hushed because everyone's trying to remain professional.

Here's to hoping it won't delay the release of our final episode much longer and the Crew can get working on the DVD.

dirtydawg1987

Nov 21, 2009
So i emailed Matt from therewillbebrawl.com and to my surprise he replied and this is what he wrote

Hey, Travis!

Sorry for the confusion, but to make a long story short, we were originally looking at an Xmas release, but the Escapist decided they wanted to bring it out a week early and cut our development time by a week. We tried to make the 18th, but slipped a few days. However, they have had the final episode since last Tuesday, so I am not certain at all what is keeping them from putting it up. My apologies, and I thank you for your patience, but keep an eye out, and I imagine it should be up shortly. Its worth it, I think. ;)

-Matt

SpikeFT

Nov 18, 2009
Well this has to be something that has made me laugh and left me speechless AND made look at all the places that you definitely look at ^_^ great story, great acting its just efin awesome.
This should become a game im serious sure it might be dark and stuff but its awesome.
Its too bad its coming to an end but who knows maybe there will be something greater or equally as great as "There will be BRAWL"
Good luck to the BRAWL team and Happy New Year!!

RogueDarkJedi

Dec 28, 2008
Man...I'm not sure where to catch episode 10 (also known as the season finale) at. I guess Youtube? I wish someone told me....

several times....

maybe if they said the website too...

Yeah, it was kinda cool, but the constant repeating of where to see the finale was a bit much.

manicmetropolis

Aug 21, 2009
RogueDarkJedi said:
Man...I'm not sure where to catch episode 10 (also known as the season finale) at. I guess Youtube? I wish someone told me....

several times....

Yeah, it was kinda cool, but the constant repeating of where to see the finale was a bit much.

read this

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/6.164681

RogueDarkJedi

Dec 28, 2008
manicmetropolis said:
RogueDarkJedi said:

several times....

read this

I can't tell if you failed to see my sarcasm or you are trying to be sarcastic.

manicmetropolis

Aug 21, 2009
RogueDarkJedi said:
manicmetropolis said:
RogueDarkJedi said:

several times....

read this

I couldn't tell you were being sarcastic.

RogueDarkJedi

Dec 28, 2008
manicmetropolis said:
RogueDarkJedi said:
manicmetropolis said:
RogueDarkJedi said:

several times....

read this

I couldn't tell you were being sarcastic.
I thought the last line would be an obvious giveaway that I was being sarcastic.

FireSoCold

Aug 8, 2009
UltimatheChosen said:
FireSoCold said:
All I gotta say is....Where the hell is MeagMan?!!!

Wait.....IS HE THE BUTCHER!!!??
Megaman isn't a nintendo character. He belongs to Capcom.
Well if you wanna be all knit-pickie about it...Solid Snake and Sonic the Hedgehog aren't owned by nintendo either, but they were both in TWBB.

Sooooooooooooooooo.......why not MegaMan?

Nov 9, 2009
Kyle Hebert (The guy who plays Wario) Love him so much such a great actor and definitely favourite character in the series =)

laidtorest195

Apr 14, 2009
wow becky/samus that is definitely the coolest tron shirt i have seen... i need one
as for luigi i checked out your myspace page (the link is on therewillbebrawl.com) and man you listen to some cool music
as for the rest of you

Way to go guys i keep getting blown away by everyones performance... Keep up the good work guys!