There's Still More Super Smash Bros. 4 DLC Fighters to Come

Maze1125

Oct 14, 2008
The Great JT said:
Hooray, more chances for Marth clones.

Seriously, with Roy's inclusion we're up to about five. Hell the four on the primary roster was too many.
Lolwut?
There was one Marth clone in the base game and she was like that because her original character was based around her pretending to be Marth.

Littaly

Jun 26, 2008
I think if I go back and check my post history, roughly 25% of my posts the last few years will be me commenting on a smash bros thread saying this:

Please, please, please make it Travis Touchdown :)~

I know there's not a snowball's chance in hell, but it would be so awesome. If for no other reason than paying tribute to what was probably the most memorable third party IP on last generation's Nintendo consoles.

Niccolo

Dec 15, 2007
Maze1125 said:
The Great JT said:

Seriously, with Roy's inclusion we're up to about five. Hell the four on the primary roster was too many.
Lolwut?
There was one Marth clone in the base game and she was like that because her original character was based around her pretending to be Marth.
I wish Lucina had been less of a Marth clone. She's one of my favourite characters (And the only Amiibo I've got), so her being Female!Marth rather than unique is annoying. But I also get the logic, which makes it more annoying. I think The Great JT sees Ike and Robin as Marth clones too. Somehow. With Ike's patented Boomsmash-explosion-doom and Robin's frankly embarrassing swordplay coupled with seriously bitching magic.

I haven't given Roy a whirl yet. Is he actually a Marth clone, or an Ike clone like he was in Melee?

Maze1125

Oct 14, 2008
Niccolo said:
Maze1125 said:
The Great JT said:

Lolwut?
I wish Lucina had been less of a Marth clone. She's one of my favourite characters (And the only Amiibo I've got), so her being Female!Marth rather than unique is annoying. But I also get the logic, which makes it more annoying. I think The Great JT sees Ike and Robin as Marth clones too. Somehow. With Ike's patented Boomsmash-explosion-doom and Robin's frankly embarrassing swordplay coupled with seriously bitching magic.

I haven't given Roy a whirl yet. Is he actually a Marth clone, or an Ike clone like he was in Melee?
He's basically an Ike-Marth hybrid, much like Melee. He's got his own style though.