These Are the Actors Starring in the Warcraft Movie

nomaner

May 9, 2012
Gordon_4 said:
Clancy Brown was born to play an Orc Warlord; other than that, wake me when the Night Elves appear.
Hope that they make 2 more movies, since Blackhand died in the 1st game and Doomhammer replaced him and died in the second one.

Imre Csete

Original Character, Do Not Steal
Jul 8, 2010
CardinalPiggles said:
Recognise most of these actors, but that doesn't say much about how good the film will be.

I call bullshit on the tidbit of information on Rob Kazinsky though. 500 days of playtime equates to 14000 hours. No one spends that many hours on 1 game. I know WoW is infamous for literally sucking the life out of people but that's just ridiculous.
Well, Skyrim came out in November 2011 and there is a guy who put 12,3k hours [http://steamcommunity.com/id/UncleCookie/recommended/72850/] in it in three years. Gaming is srs bsns.

Ajarat

Apr 29, 2014
I haven't been keeping up on the details of this project. Does anyone know if they still intend this for mature markets? They always did say (from my memories) that the very concept of "Warcraft" isn't kid-friendly and so the movie could get a little graphic. Has that precept changed? Are they going to water it down to make it suitable for all audiences?

They better not, it's the last thing from Blizzard I've ever looked forward to.

Red Panda

Jan 28, 2014
Ajarat said:
I haven't been keeping up on the details of this project. Does anyone know if they still intend this for mature markets? They always did say (from my memories) that the very concept of "Warcraft" isn't kid-friendly and so the movie could get a little graphic. Has that precept changed? Are they going to water it down to make it suitable for all audiences?

They better not, it's the last thing from Blizzard I've ever looked forward to.
If you are asking if there is going to be violence? yes

Blood? Probably not, maybe a quick off screen splash?

There is no way it's going to be R.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
Imre Csete said:
CardinalPiggles said:
Recognise most of these actors, but that doesn't say much about how good the film will be.

I call bullshit on the tidbit of information on Rob Kazinsky though. 500 days of playtime equates to 14000 hours. No one spends that many hours on 1 game. I know WoW is infamous for literally sucking the life out of people but that's just ridiculous.
Well, Skyrim came out in November 2011 and there is a guy who put 12,3k hours [http://steamcommunity.com/id/UncleCookie/recommended/72850/] in it in three years. Gaming is srs bsns.
I imagine a significant portion of that playtime was spent afk, whereas you can't stay logged into an MMO, it boots you off the server.

Could be wrong of course, as people have already pointed out it's feasible to sink years into a single game.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
CardinalPiggles said:
Imre Csete said:
CardinalPiggles said:

I imagine a significant portion of that playtime was spent afk, whereas you can't stay logged into an MMO, it boots you off the server.

Could be wrong of course, as people have already pointed out it's feasible to sink years into a single game.
Apparently he's retired. It could just be that he has a shit ton of time on his hands and instead of joining a bridge club, he plays Skyrim.

OT: I didn't realize Duncan Jones was the director for this. That gives me a lot more hope for this movie than I originally had. Still, I've never been particularly impressed with any of these actors/actresses. I'd say I'm cautiously optimistic.

4RM3D

May 10, 2011
There is a Warcraft movie coming out? Oh wait, I did remember hearing something about that -like- 50 years ago. So it seems they are still going at it. I won't hold my breath, if I wasn't undead forsaken.