These Are The PS4's Promised 3rd-Party Developers

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
Atlus, Bandai Namco, Nippon Ichi Software and SOE? Well, it's looking like a solid line up in my books. Now just to wait for E3 and TGS. Should be worth watching this year. I'm hoping with a new generation of consoles that here in the west we can break out of the cycle of grey and brown first person shooters.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
Hmm. Yager, Double Fine, Stainless, Tell-Tale Games, and CDProjectRed? Hurray! Can't wait to see what they bring!

Splash Damage, Rebellion, SOE, Atlus, Bethesda, Bohemian, Platinum, Sega, WB Games, Rockstar, Konami, 2K, Disney, LucasArts, Paradox, Bandai, and Level 5? Okay. We'll see what you lot can do. Hopefully something worthwhile.

Activision, EA, Capcom, From Software, Ubisoft. Ha! Fuck you.

The rest? Indifferent, uninterested, or don't know them.

Regardless, it's good to see a wide range of devs promising support right off the bat. Sony could seriously use it going into the next gen.

I've never been a fan of Sony's consoles, but if I'm honest, if I were to buy one of the next generation consoles, it's looking like my pick would likely be the PS4.

[sub]Though, my complete and utter disdain with Microsoft and the 360 might have something to do with that.[/sub]

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
Atlus, baby, it's nice to see you on the list. I'm sure you'll make lots of people happy with your amazing Japanese RPGs and various other titles.

Now get to Persona 5, you slackers. It's been five years since Persona 4; You're losing my patience.

iniudan

Apr 27, 2011
drisky said:
Paradox is surprising, not only for being primarily a PC developer, but one that makes fairly low end games graphically. The rest isn't too surprisng, you'd expect most of them to make something for it at some point anyway.
Don't forget the part also about having an interface that usually too complicated for console controller. Either there are there has publisher or they are developing an unannounced game, that would be their first to not be a grand strategy or that PS4 is compatible with a mouse and keyboard, thus they are gonna test the water and see how Grand Strategy can fare on console.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
I'm open to this. But as always, games are all that matter. I will buy one when it's out and there are games I'm interested in.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
omicron1 said:
VALVe conspicuous in its absence. Still being coy, Gabe?

I'm interested in the Double Fine game. Most of the rest are sort of obvious.
Well i think Valve may have wanted to stay out of it since they pretty much hedge most of its money from PC gaming, and this is competition.

I see capcom and Rockstar there, now i cant decide whether i hate or love this list.
No, wait, paradox is there, im loving the list.

Fractral

Tentacle God
Feb 28, 2012
Tanis said:
ATLUS
PERSONA 5
Make it happen!
This was my thought after gazing at the image for a few seconds.
I seriously can't see a way for Microsoft to beat that, barring having it cross platform.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
With Rebellion being up there I can only hope that Sega give them another Aliens vs Predator game that will bleach the stain that was A:CM.

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
CD Projekt RED (I'm very happy about this one)

I think we can pretty much all guess what game that might be...

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
I'm not seeing Vatra Games, the people who made Silent Hill Downpour. Although both Konami and Climax are on there, perhaps they'll get a third shot at making a half decent Silent Hill game.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
TizzytheTormentor said:
Tanis said:
ATLUS
PERSONA 5
Make it happen!
Only if they don't region lock their games, then I am all for Atlus! Europe tends to get the short end of the stick from Atlus.

OT: Very good lineup, not sure if I am gonna drop money on a PS4, but it's nice to see new info come fast.
I don't 'get' region locking, it just seems pointless.

I ended up importing an Atlus game from the PAL region because it wasn't released for NTSC-U and had nothing but issues trying to play it.