These De Blob 2 Ads are getting VERY annoying.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
As soon as I came to this thread, that very same dumbass ass popped up.

(then again, it did that for every other page I jumped on the Escapist today, but still...

Fuck you de Blob 2 ads! I didn't care about you before and I still don't care about you now!)

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
It's not the ad's that annoy me. What annoys me the most is that if I click on the area outside the main forum part (The 2 sides), then I get the stupid pop up about the game. I don't care! I don't wanna play De Blob 2 (Even though De Blob looked interesting), I just wanna talk to people about games.

Throwitawaynow

Aug 29, 2010
I usually view this site on Internet Explorer so that I can look at all the ad goodness that the escapist wants to bestow on me. Off to ugly firefox with noscript and adblock. Every page with an animated ad that pops up to take half your screen then plays a trailer ad for the game if you don't close it.... wow.

ShadowKatt

Mar 19, 2009
Swollen Goat said:
It is adorable the way you guys think the Escapist cares what you think about the ads. So long as you watch their videos and click on their links, you might as well be complaining to the wall.
Yes, we know they don't care, and I think you're right. Talking about it is never going to do any good.

[color=FF00cc]We should REALLY show them how we feel with a 4chan-esque DDOS attack! That'll send a message![/color]

Eri

The Light of Dawn
Feb 21, 2009
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.266640-I-am-already-sick-to-my-stomach-of-these-ads

This thread just got closed because of complaining about ads. This one is sure to follow suit. From what Aylaine said, message Spinwhiz if you have a problem.

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
Yes, we know they're annoying. There have only been 3-5 threads about it in the last 3 hours.

If you have a problem with it, then talk to Spinwhiz instead of posting it here in the forums

Fr]anc[is

May 13, 2010
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.266640-I-am-already-sick-to-my-stomach-of-these-ads

Someone in this topic got moderator'd for something, everyone look to see what it was to make sure you dont do the same thing accidentally

icame

Aug 4, 2010
Why do I never get ads? I'm not part of the publisher's club...wait why the F*** am I complaining.

Zaverexus

Jul 5, 2010
That's weird, I haven't gotten that, but yes, it would be about as annoying as an ad could possibly get when it directly and forcibly interferes with what you're trying to do.

Also ads you have to watch before videos, I hate those so much, which is sad because I love the videos done here at Escapist.
And in case that makes admins think the ads are effective, you're wrong: I pull up all the videos I want to watch and let them run all the ad videos simultaneously to get them out of the way while I go do something until they're done.

they're just annoying

Brad Shepard

Sep 9, 2009
I wouldent mind them if they dident pop up every god damn time i clicked on a new page! I RP in this place, You know how annoying it is every time i refersh a page to have to hear this shit?

AgentBJ09

May 24, 2010
Fr said:
anc[is]http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.266640-I-am-already-sick-to-my-stomach-of-these-ads

Someone in this topic got banned for something, everyone look to see what it was to make sure you dont do the same thing accidentally
Ad-blocker. No wonder.

Still, yes, these ads have crashed my laptop twice today. Both times, they were delayed ads which chewed up my bandwidth and RAM.

Seriously, cut this out soon, Escapist. If these ads crash computers when they pop up, which a few other users have told me they have with their systems, then something is wrong here.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
soon as I started seeing that sort of thing I just did something and didnt look back

dmase

Mar 12, 2009
So in the past 10 reloads I haven't seen it, thanks escapist staff if you guys have gotten rid of them.

ShadowKatt

Mar 19, 2009
dmase said:
So in the past 10 reloads I haven't seen it, thanks escapist staff if you guys have gotten rid of them.
Friend of mine on the escapist seems to think they may only be active during peak hours, which if true I suppose is tolerable. But only just.

I'm still wondering what depths of depravity this site will stoop to before it becomes like IGN entirely though.