These People Hate You!

AceDefective

Mar 23, 2009
Yes i took this from Gamesradar i was just wondering some comments from the good people at the escapist about all the hate here in this video
Warning contains bad words
http://www.gamesradar.com/f/these-people-hate-you/a-20080327151849672096 (Clicky the link don't be shy)
i don't think i am trolling am i?

OH! forgot mine-
They all focuse on winning and lose sight of the fun sounds more like Jocks

Shapsters

Dec 16, 2008
Those people are all losers anyways, I like the guy that said we don't have lives and had piercings and was playing the accordion!

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Kind of ironic seeing as nerds are probably the best group at creating self depreciating humor. We're worse critics of ourselves than anyone else.

While dated I found it kind of ironic that anime geeks made an anime called "Otaku No Video" parodying their entire existance, and including intreviews with alleged "real fans" (live video segements played during breaks in the anime) who were painful for anyone even remotely involved in any kind of "fandom" activity to watch without feeling a degree of attachment and self loathing that is impossible to describe. :p

I guess the point is that nobody is universally popular, and if you can't laugh at yourself and your own flaws, who else can you laugh at? :)

>>>----Therumancer--->

SharPhoe

The Nice-talgia Kerrick
Feb 28, 2009
Shapsters said:
Those people are all losers anyways, I like the guy that said we don't have lives and had piercings and was playing the accordion!
Indeed. Pot, meet kettle. Kettle, pot.

I saw that video a while back and couldn't get to the end of it due to the overwhelming ignorance.

TriGGeR_HaPPy

Another Regular. ^_^
May 22, 2008
Yay for people placing a vast amount of people into a cliche.
I'm a gamer, yet I have a job, I have a girlfriend, I go out on occasion... What else did they say that we as a group of people (apparently) don't do?

May 7, 2008
maybe...just maybe...if he had a gf like that he realized that she's a ***** lol and having sex with her was less fun than WoW...

well gentleman we have a new ad campaign XD lol..also it seems sad that people have to tag and label themselves =[

May 7, 2008
Therumancer said:
I guess the point is that nobody is universally popular, and if you can't laugh at yourself and your own flaws, who else can you laugh at? :)

>>>----Therumancer--->
the girl that got dumped for WoW? lol

Shapsters

Dec 16, 2008
SharPhoe said:
Shapsters said:
Indeed. Pot, meet kettle. Kettle, pot.

I saw that video a while back and couldn't get to the end of it due to the overwhelming ignorance.
Indeed, gamers are lazy! they don't do anything! Its not as though we jsut sit all day, we just enjoy playing games, is that so wrong?

Istickell

Mar 24, 2009
If its ok to stereotype us like this, then I am going to... WRITE AN ANGRY LETTER! After a week of video games and ignoring sex with my girlfriend.
I have actually met someone who said that he would ignore sex for games... What a retard.

Talendra

Hail, Ilpalazzo!
Jan 26, 2009
"Cutting their breasts off, or sticking knives up their crotches, or pulling their testicles through their noses"

..wait.. what?

The dungeons and dragons guy was at least interesting and gave a valid argument, but guess he didn't realise D&D is gaming. Also I like the fish guy.

Crash486

Oct 18, 2008
Good thing they got that group of successful, model citizens to stereotype and criticize our meaningless lazy lives. I mean, if it had been a bunch of people with peircings and neckbeards hanging around in comic stores or on street corners it just wouldn't have been credible...

Iskenator67

Dec 12, 2008
My Comfy Chair
Country
United States
I consider there arguments invalid. Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I don't have time for other things. I go out, I go to movies and spend time outside being productive. Gaming is a hobby, not a lifestyle. And If you are turning down sex for gaming, you are an idiot. WOW can wait, you have a booty call 2 o'clock. Later when she's sleeping you can pick the controller up again.