These Replica Mass Effect Weapons Will Reap Your Wallet

theevilgenius60

Jun 28, 2011
Somebody said it above, but damn I want that Carnifex. That was my favorite gun since Mordin(R.I.P.) handed it to me. Not getting it until near the end in part 3 was a crime.

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
Do want, trouble is I could never get one. Heard more than few incidents of sci fi weapons getting confiscated by customs, the guys and galls get upset by them treat them as replica firearms instead of models of fictional weapons. So they confiscate them and it can be the devils own job to get them back.

I wouldn't want to take the risk of paying that much for one only to have it confiscated.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
J Tyran said:
Do want, trouble is I could never get one. Heard more than few incidents of sci fi weapons getting confiscated by customs, the guys and galls get upset by them treat them as replica firearms instead of models of fictional weapons. So they confiscate them and it can be the devils own job to get them back.

I wouldn't want to take the risk of paying that much for one only to have it confiscated.
That's why you need to find a kid to smuggle it for you. Customs officer will only see a kid with his toy sci-fi gun. He's not gonna bother the kid.

Xarathox

Feb 12, 2013
I always hated the look of the weapons in the ME games. It's like all the weapon manufacturers in the galaxy were swallowed up by Hasbro and they took their "It's Nerf or nothing!" slogan to a whole new level.

Stalydan

Mar 18, 2011
I will say I do like the quality off all of them but I could never justify myself buying them because they're not my favourite ME weapons. I'd much rather have the Mattock or Vindicator than the Geth Rifle. Plus, I love the N7 Eagle just a bit more than the Carnifex.

I find it strange though that it's more "obscure" weapons that have been chosen rather than the guns like the Avenger. But I guess if you're going to be selling them for such high prices, it would only be die-hard fans who would get them.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Fappy said:
I want a Carnifex so bad. I could afford it, but I can't justify it unless I had a damn-good costume to go along with it. Unfortunately Mass Effect cosplay is very difficult to do well.
Agreed, though if we're talking in terms of suits of cosplay armour, I want an HEV suit, because if I cut my hair short and grew a goatee, I'd be a dead ringer for Gordon Freeman.

Texas Joker 52

All hail the Pun Meister!
Jun 25, 2011
Those are awesome. Now they just need to make a Custom Mattock, maybe in N7 colors, and I would be sold!

... Or, I would be, if I had that kind of moolah to spend. Alas, I do not. Still, the Geth Pulse Rifle looks badass, and that Carnifex actually looks pretty big for what should be a pistol. Then again, it does pack one hell of a punch.

satsugaikaze

Feb 26, 2011
Sure the Carnifex is iconic! It killed Marauder Shields alkdfhahgAKFJHAGLKJHA HAR HAR FNAR FNAR MASS EFFECT 3 ENDING TROLOL JOEK

But no, seriously those designs look great. Carnifex and Geth Pulse Rifle are great choices imo because they've technically been in the series since the very first game. Now all they need are the Vindicator, Predator, Mantis and Viper ones and they'll be set for life! =P

Requia

Apr 4, 2013
blackrave said:
It would be badass if they could make functioning versions as well
I'm tempted to buy one to convert it into airsoft. Be a bloody expensive project though, especially if I fuck up.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Fappy said:
I want a Carnifex so bad. I could afford it, but I can't justify it unless I had a damn-good costume to go along with it. Unfortunately Mass Effect cosplay is very difficult to do well.
Costume? Screw that, I'm tucking that in the belt of my bathrobe and answering the door with it.

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
Requia said:
blackrave said:
I'm tempted to buy one to convert it into airsoft. Be a bloody expensive project though, especially if I fuck up.
But
But
Now really closely follow my thought please
But if you DON'T FUCK IT UP you will be most badass Escapee on this topic
Especially if you somehow (techno-magic???) can make it to make authentic sound and muzzle flash besides shooting out pellet

P.S. I think compressed gas or spring is out of question here? Only electric airsoft right?
P.P.S. Disclaimer- I really don't know much about airsoft guns to begin with :(

Requia

Apr 4, 2013
blackrave said:
Requia said:
blackrave said:
But
But
Now really closely follow my thought please
But if you DON'T FUCK IT UP you will be most badass Escapee on this topic
Especially if you somehow (techno-magic???) can make it to make authentic sound and muzzle flash besides shooting out pellet

P.S. I think compressed gas or spring is out of question here? Only electric airsoft right?
P.P.S. Disclaimer- I really don't know much about airsoft guns to begin with :(
You make a really compelling point. As far as methods it might be possible to get the geth rifle working on compressed gas, but the pistols are too short barreled to use compression even if everything fits, and fuck spring pistols even if you could manage it. The electric also has the advantage of much more compact controls.