They don't think highly of our inteligence do they?

Reven

Feb 7, 2012
At the time of writing, i was looking though the steam sales, and as a CoD MW collection containing the first three games,
I don't know how to post a physical picture, and i'm not sure if im allowed to set a link, so i'll just copy and paste the total.

Price of individual games:$179.97 USD

Bundle cost: $239.97 USD

Seriously????? Why in the world would we pay extra for a bundle when buying the games individually would save us over $50???????? Why would they do this??? o_O

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
It's just a screw-up. Some bored guy on a computer somewhere probably just typed the wrong numbers into the wrong field. It happens occasionally.

J-dog42

Aug 1, 2010
Sorry, but I just have to point out the fact that you spelled intelligence wrong.

OT: It's probably a typo or *insert obligatory joke about COD players intelligence*. Maybe they are just hoping you won't notice.

Dandark

Sep 2, 2011
They are already able to sell those overpriced map packs as well as annual games with little changes so I imagine they just want to see if they really can get away this much, if I was Activision then I also wouldn't think to highly of Cod players ability to spend money wisely either.

It's more likely that it's just a mistake though.

Aug 25, 2009
This happens all the time in retail. If you actually go around working out the price of BOGOF or similar offers vs just buying two of the product you'll sometimes find that it would be cheaper to buy two individual items, not the offer.

And of course, quite a few shops will actually ask you to leave if they catch you comparing prices. Whenever newspapers or independant checkers come around the store they genuinely have a problem with the managers making them leave. This happened at my local supermarket recently and they actually got rid of one of the people checking to see how friendly the store was. Man that was funny.

Anyway, it's because everyone, even the fanboys precious Valve, is in this to make money, and as long as people don't check carefully, this will make them a shitload of it. It's not a clerical error, it's not a computer glitch, this is a genuine attempt to make more money off the unaware.

Zeema

The Furry Gamer
Jun 29, 2010
they did the same thing with Dead Island i believe with $10 extra then what it should cost.

Reven

Feb 7, 2012
J-dog42 said:
Sorry, but I just have to point out the fact that you spelled intelligence wrong.

OT: It's probably a typo or *insert obligatory joke about COD players intelligence*. Maybe they are just hoping you won't notice.
My Bad lol, I'm actually italian so sorry if i misspell things

rob_simple

Elite Member
Aug 8, 2010
Things like this happen occasionally, you usually come across it when the individual items have recently had a price reduction and no one has thought to update the bundle deal.

It's most likely a genuine mistake and not some proof of a diabolical new world order.