They fired the Escapist's editor, and the video team, Yahtzee resigns

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
The team are going to make a new Escapist with blackjack and hookers, see the Discord link in Yahtzee's tweet
As someone who refuses to use twitter...want to DM it to me?

Reactions: BrawlMan

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
Rearrange those deck chairs one last time!
A final request to the orchestra: "Nearer, My God, to Thee".

And so ladies, gentlemen, and everyone betwix or beyond...
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Well fuck. What a bone headed owner move. I... guess this site won't be around much longer then since I would imagine that Yahtzee was really keeping the lights on.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
As someone who was here through the dark ages when it Yathzee was the only thing keeping the site afloat for YEARS, watching the entire site slowly decay...

This feels fucking bizarre. Like it looked like the Escapist was healthy again and things had really turned around and things were going to be going pretty good for a long time to come.

And now it feels like Black Monday and the site just fucking killed itself overnight.

Who the hell is left at this point anyway? Frost? Marty?

Last edited:

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
If Nick makes a new site, I'll check it out. If its got forums, I'll hang around. He did a great job bringing this site back from the brink, it sounds like the whole team left with him, could be a chance to make something of their own if they decide too.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Wow that really sucks. The site could make it without Nick for sure, but with Yahtzee gone that's pretty much it. Honestly, I don't even go to the site proper at all, except for ZP, but I'm really going to miss these forums.

Mabye we all should make a Discord server?
I vote no. Discord sucks, the forum format is far superior.
If Nick makes a new site, I'll check it out. If its got forums, I'll hang around. He did a great job bringing this site back from the brink, it sounds like the whole team left with him, could be a chance to make something of their own if they decide too.
Judging by how much attention he's given the forums for the last few years I'll bet 3:1 that the new site won't have them.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
Judging by how much attention he's given the forums for the last few years I'll bet 3:1 that the new site won't have them.
From what I understand in his old announcement posts... he wanted to do more for this place, but was either too busy to do so, wasn't given enough control to do so, or the higher ups didn't allow him to do so. He showed a degree of care for the forums and recognized their value, but since the people upstairs didn't feel the same, then resources wouldn't come our way

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland
So Gamurs owns the ZP brand? God, they're gonna replace Yahtzee aren't they?

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands