They fired the Escapist's editor, and the video team, Yahtzee resigns

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Can't help but notice the newly uploaded videos have comments disabled. La-di-da.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Satinavian

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2016
I don't blame them.

I wouldn't want the casual viewership that missed the whole debacle pointed towards Second Wind either if i was in their position.

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
I see they found their youtube login. I should reach out and see if they want to post my hour long deep dive into why Gemfire for SNES is the best game ever made.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
I still think the not-ZP redesign isn't very good compared (perhaps obviously) to the choices Yahtzee originally made for ZP. There's a reason why he went with blue and yellow instead of red and black; why the blank background instead of contaminating it with moving bits and bobs; why an imp instead of a dog buddy; why the simplistic stick figure + fedora avatar instead of the weirdo cowboy hat and rugged shirt combo.

Yellow stands out, and blue contrasts nicely with it. Red and black is too stark and corporative. The background is too busy and clutters the image. The imp was a versatile character that could be copied and used for whatever pantomime the video needed, whereas the dog avatar makes me think of a very specific character that is just there for a double act (except the double act is Yahtzee and the video; NOT Yahtzee, the video and the dog). And Yahtzee's redesign, I dunno, I just think it's ugly and not as endearing as the original one. Again, so busy it's distracting and too specific to fold seamlessly in and out of rants.

Exeunt pursued by a bear.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
I still think the not-ZP redesign isn't very good compared (perhaps obviously) to the choices Yahtzee originally made for ZP. There's a reason why he went with blue and yellow instead of red and black; why the blank background instead of contaminating it with moving bits and bobs; why an imp instead of a dog buddy; why the simplistic stick figure + fedora avatar instead of the weirdo cowboy hat and rugged shirt combo.

Yellow stands out, and blue contrasts nicely with it. Red and black is too stark and corporative. The background is too busy and clutters the image. The imp was a versatile character that could be copied and used for whatever pantomime the video needed, whereas the dog avatar makes me think of a very specific character that is just there for a double act (except the double act is Yahtzee and the video; NOT Yahtzee, the video and the dog). And Yahtzee's redesign, I dunno, I just think it's ugly and not as endearing as the original one. Again, so busy it's distracting and too specific to fold seamlessly in and out of rants.

Exeunt pursued by a bear.
A knockoff is still a knockoff even if it's a knockoff of a thing you created. They should have went with an entirely new style rather than "legally distinct".

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
The Escapist has released what will be the very last Zero Punctuation ever (along with the last videos of other defunct series).

It sounds like they’re planning on still doing a ZP compilation for the year too though, but that’s not technically new content either.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
I think another problem with Fully Ramblomatic is that Yahtzee's avatar is a person that would previously have been shorthand for 'pretentious wanker' or something like that. I can't look at those square glasses and hat and not think of the 15 years of precedent for what those symbols mean in ZP.

Reactions: Johnny Novgorod