They say this game sucks... but I LOVE IT!

Tsuki Akechi

Feb 20, 2011
New Vegas, there is a considerable amount of hate on it but, it is just a lot more convenient gameplay wise compared to Fallout 3 (disregarding the possible ability to play after completing the main quest).

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Well, mine have been said.
Advent Rising (Anything bad that can be said gets reduced to nothing when you find out that you can literally break the game at the end by practically stopping time and killing enemies with one punch. It was just bloody fun).
Sonic Unleashed (The day levels are absolute genius when they aren't relying on trial&error, and I guess I'm just a sucker for the God of War style action-platforming of the night levels).
Final Fantasy XII
Prototype
Mirror's Edge

To me they were all just games that weren't afraid to step out of the norm and try something new, and I loved them for it. Plus, I never experienced any game-breaking bugs (Which is what Advent Rising mostly got bashed for).

conzan

Apr 16, 2010
Mine would be dragon age 2, dungeons and AvP 3 (kinda) not bad games i mean Dragon age 2 is really fun i really don't see the issue with it but then again i also cant defend it for some reason

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
xitel said:
Too Human, Final Fantasy 12
bloody ninja, those were the 2 games i was going to mention.
too human was a great game if you could manage to not be bothered by the death sequence.
and that final fantasy game has the best combat system out of all FF games.

conzan

Apr 16, 2010
shrekfan246 said:
Well, mine have been said.
Advent Rising (Anything bad that can be said gets reduced to nothing when you find out that you can literally break the game at the end by practically stopping time and killing enemies with one punch. It was just bloody fun).
Sonic Unleashed (The day levels are absolute genius when they aren't relying on trial&error, and I guess I'm just a sucker for the God of War style action-platforming of the night levels).
Final Fantasy XII
Prototype
Mirror's Edge

To me they were all just games that weren't afraid to step out of the norm and try something new, and I loved them for it. Plus, I never experienced any game-breaking bugs (Which is what Advent Rising mostly got bashed for).
wait what was prototype badly received by who!? give me there name damn it! I will kill them kill them all!

(for real I love prototype favourite game this gen)

Hazard12

Jun 17, 2010
Dynasty Warriors 6 (specifically). I have many max level characters on that game. And I cannot account for why.

Electric Alpaca

What's on the menu?
May 2, 2011
Jedi Power Battles - PS1. Awful game, but at the time I was obsessed with Star Wars (even thinking the Phantom Menace was a good film) and the replay value (unlocking Darth Maul was awesome) combined with the difficulty of getting everyone fully powered up was very valuable to a young child with no disposable income.

Too Human - XBox 360. Absolutely loved this game, many of the complaints aimed at it was what I actually enjoyed - most infamously the right analog stick controlling melee. For me it couldn't have been any other way to keep the combat thick and crazy. I'll agree the death scene was a little tedious (although playing as Commando it wasn't an issue) though. Much better than Thor (film & game) in any case and it's essentially the same premise.

Civilization V - PC. Mainly the community that dislikes this - accusations of dumbing down and such running rampant. Trouble with the internet is that if one "respected" individual expresses an opinion it doesn't take long for the drizzle to change to a downpour. I personally think it is the best since the Amiga original - and that only remains top because of the sensation that game brought playing something like that back then; what with my age and no gaming experience.

Fenreil

Mar 14, 2010
Mirror's edge. One of the best games I've played.

Fuck you Yahtzee, first person platforming is awesome