Thief 4 at GDC 2011

WorkerMurphey

Jan 24, 2010
I'm cautiously excited about this. I wish I could get my original Thief game to work on my current PC, it seems to crash.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
parasyteFMA said:
I am always happy to see a stealth game series pushing on. After Splinter Cell went belly-up with Conviction it would be amazing to see a new Thief.
My thoughts exactly. Because according to Ubisoft stealth means shooting four people in the head at the same time without any player input. *Sigh* I miss stealth games. I might play Chaos Theory when I get home.

xHipaboo420x

Apr 22, 2009
As with EVERY GAME IN DEVELOPMENT EVER I am furiously excited and yet also reticent to commitment.

It will be good. It had best be good. But it might not.

Don't hurt me, Thief.

The Madman

Dec 7, 2007
I've already given up hope, that was if it turns out to be remotely decent I'll be pleasantly surprise... not that that will happen though.

The developers will decide that like idiots they know better than the previous three games so they'll revamp the series to such a degree its only connection to the previous games is the name, oh wait, not even that because the 'official' name for the game is Thi4f, which is a bloody stupid and ridiculous name.

I predict it'll be a 3rd person shooter with cover mechanics thinly disguised under the guise of a once-great series. Gruellingly linear and with about as much ambience as stepping in a puddle is to swimming in the ocean. Pure. Shit.

Prove me wrong Eidos, I dare you!

Anah'ya

a Taffer
Jun 19, 2010
The Madman said:
I've already given up hope, that was if it turns out to be remotely decent I'll be pleasantly surprise... not that that will happen though.

The developers will decide that like idiots they know better than the previous three games so they'll revamp the series to such a degree its only connection to the previous games is the name, oh wait, not even that because the 'official' name for the game is Thi4f, which is a bloody stupid and ridiculous name.

I predict it'll be a 3rd person shooter with cover mechanics thinly disguised under the guise of a once-great series. Gruellingly linear and with about as much ambience as stepping in a puddle is to swimming in the ocean. Pure. Shit.

Prove me wrong Eidos, I dare you!
My apologies, good Sir, but I have decided to quote you as to spare myself the embarrassed of repeating your opinion in my own ramblings. Or in short: What he said.

I have no faith in the continuation of Thief, as Thief has always been about Garrett the Masterthief to me, and he has done his time already and should be very well left alone now. To think that the alternative to that would be focusing on another characters isn't helping either, since that would just make me feel as though I'm cheating on the Master. Can't have that. No-Sir.

But as the fellow above said: Go ahead and prove me wrong too, Eidos. I can't see you doing it anytime soon, but I've seen weirder things happening.

Firetaffer

May 9, 2010
THIEF! There's a reason my name is Firetaffer, massive fan, I've really been anticipating this since I heard it was being made, GOD and I was just about to sleep, time to look up some youtube vids of gameplay to think back to the memories.