Thing from a game you've most wanted to exist in real life?

Frosbie88

Mar 7, 2012
The ability to commit any crime in the world and then brake out of prison the next day using a single lock pick, and then everyone completely forgetting it ever happened

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I want regenerating health. It didn't start in video games but every character seems to have it in this day and age so it should be doable.

lordlillen

Nov 18, 2009
Rossmallo said:
A Non-contagious version of the Blacklight Virus.

...What? I want to be able to run up walls.
yeah...
your not actually playing as a guy with the virus your playing AS the virus who thinks he is the protaganist the virus doesnt actually give you super powers

OT: Keyblade, it will let me do magic, open any lock or door, slice buildings in half and it will always apear in my hand so i cant be disarmed.

my favorite is either this one
or this one

Rossmallo

Feb 20, 2008
lordlillen said:
Rossmallo said:

yeah...
your not actually playing as a guy with the virus your playing AS the virus who thinks he is the protaganist the virus doesnt actually give you super powers
I'm aware. Same difference though, really.

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
Pokemon.

If we lived in the Pokemon world, it'd be fucking awesome, all of our problems would be solved. Though it may not work if they came to our world, we'd have cliche dissenting republicans thinking we need to kill them all and them being used in armies, and thanks to the internet, some may like their pokemon a bit farther than most......

lunavixen

Jan 2, 2012
ResonanceSD said:
For example, I've always wanted to have a working Gunblade =D
they do actually exist (they are called blade pistols, there have been various iterations since the 17th century, none currently), they are a flawed weapon (a very flawed weapon), they don't actually fire bullets, they fire blanks to increase the vibration of the blade for increased cutting power. Only problem, the blade is not very durable and the weapon is very heavy for its size. I can find you more information if you like, I did assignments in historical weapons in highschool.

I want an Omni tool, that'd be awesome

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
lunavixen said:
a) who rezzed a year old dead thread -_-

b) how absolutely uninspired and ridiculously pedantic. I said in the op: "something from a game" Ever play FF8? Their gunblades work perfectly.

Terminate421 said:
Pokemon.

If we lived in the Pokemon world, it'd be fucking awesome, all of our problems would be solved. Though it may not work if they came to our world, we'd have cliche dissenting republicans thinking we need to kill them all and them being used in armies, and thanks to the internet, some may like their pokemon a bit farther than most......

After watching the Zp ep on Pokemon: White, I'd have to agree with you.

lunavixen

Jan 2, 2012
ResonanceSD said:
a) who rezzed a year old dead thread -_-

b) how absolutely uninspired and ridiculously pedantic. I said in the op: "something from a game" Ever play FF8? Their gunblades work perfectly.
a) I was unaware this was a year old thread as it was on the first page and i am obviously not the first to do so.

b)I have played FF8, more than you'd believe, their gunblades work perfectly, but the real life variants do not, i was merely pointing out that this weapon does exist and the real life variants are flawed. And what's wrong with being practical? I think an omni tool would be very practical.

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
lunavixen said:
I have played FF8, more than you'd believe, their gunblades work perfectly, but the real life variants do not, i was merely pointing out that this weapon does exist and the real life variants are flawed. And what's wrong with being practical? I think an omni tool would be very practical.
Practicality, on a gaming website? What a novel concept! (Given we mostly discuss the minutiae of fictional settings here).

OT: Unfortunately, as it's only 2012, your omni tool wouldn't actually function, or be able to interact with anything that currently exists.

BLAHwhatever

Aug 30, 2011
Well, I never had a dog and I always wished for one as a kid.
So i phantasized a lot about having the dog from secret of evermore while playing it.
Well, the dog from Act 1. Act 3, not so much ^^

lunavixen

Jan 2, 2012
ResonanceSD said:
Practicality, on a gaming website? What a novel concept! (Given we mostly discuss the minutiae of fictional settings here).

OT: Unfortunately, as it's only 2012, your omni tool wouldn't actually function, or be able to interact with anything that currently exists.
just because it doesn't exist now doesn't mean something like it won't exist in the future, i understand it's not going to happen right now, but you know, eventually.

oh, you can be practical even when discussing fictional settings, that's all i'm going to say

lordlillen

Nov 18, 2009
Rossmallo said:
lordlillen said:
Rossmallo said:

yeah...
I'm aware. Same difference though, really.
no not really, the blacklight virus would kill you (or worse) not give you powers.