Things about skyrim that worry you?

Takolin

Aug 21, 2011
Imbechile said:
"pointlessly complicated" - I don't understand?? When have elder scrolls games been pointlessly complicated? ""Perhaps"" in the days of Arena and Daggerfall, but neither Morrowind nor Oblivion are pointlessly complicated.
The whole thing with getting worthless major skills and spending time skilling specific skills to get the perfect 5-5-5 or 5-5-1 levelling isn't complicated as such if you do some homework but it's annoying to do. Not to mention that being "forced" into major skills you don't actually use to avoid levelling, makes the whole idea of major skills moot. What's so major about a skill you avoid using until you got the "perfect" statdistribution. Of course you're not forced to level efficiently, but it was the best route.

And in the end a character would have maxed out all skills and attributes and diversion between classes disappears. Not to mention that the removal of attributes doesn't really affect the game. So your weapon damage is only tied to your skill level rather than your skilllevel + the strength attribute that you got by levelling said skill.

What Bethesda did was ensuring that 2 characters you play don't end up the same due to different stamina/health/magicka levels and perks assuming you allocate the points you get in a different manner. Thus you create diversity because you "simplfied" the game and from what I can foresee, it's an improvement.

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
Jove said:
that I won't have too much time besides weekends to play it (DAMN YOU COLLEGE!).
THIS[/] god If this November doesn't kill me, I'm not sure the god of death himself could manage it.

Um, Honestly, the only thing about Skyrim that i didn't like, i have forgotten about(gameplay wise). It was something that was released on one of the many teaser articles, or maybe it came out on a youtube video. Other than that, I kinda dislike the fact that they changed the way that some of the races look, like orcs don't look quite as orcish anymore, but that isn't even a minor inconvenience.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
jboking said:
Zhukov said:
The combat seems dull as ditchwater and the animation is crummy. Basically like Fallout 3. Also, NPCs still do that bloody face-zoom eye-contact thing.

On the upside, the environments look nice and the dragons look cool.
Opinions not measured, the npc's totally don't do the face-zoom anymore. I thought people had been aware of that since e3.
Yes, they do.

It's in the gameplay demonstrations. It doesn't zoom right in like before, but their eyes still lock on with that signature unblinking stare. And it makes the conversations look just as bad as Oblivion and Fallout 3.

Stammer

Apr 16, 2008
gavinstaceyvg said:
Do you ever think that maybe if you find 99 percent of the game worthless it may not be a series of games for you? I take it you like your games linear?
I don't really have much of a universal preference. Honestly, Mass Effect is my #2 favourite game of all time, and that's specifically including all of the side-missions and exploring.

I think maybe though that this has something to do with just how each game presents its side-quests. I have insane OCD, so if I see my quest log is actually becoming bigger as I complete more of them then suddenly each of the quests lose their urgency and it becomes more of a checklist than a game to me.

Though I'm also pretty sure I remember hearing at some point that they were going to fix that problem and make it so most quest-givers only hand out quests that can be completed within the vicinity. That way you aren't getting one quest, and then getting 50 more along the way to completing that one quest, and having your list growing to ridiculous proportions.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I'm also kind of worried that the game is going to be released with oodles and oodles of glitches, and that it's going to be virtually unplayable. The way they handle the Fallout and TES IP's and the naming of their companies I don't know who makes what anymore, I just know that everyone says that every recent Fallout and TES game has been glitchier than Bob's wrist from Reboot.

RagTagBand

Jul 7, 2011
That it's nothing but a slightly improved version of Oblivion rather than the combined work of around 100 people over 3+ years.

Yeah yeah "200+ hours of content!" - Quality over quantity IMO, and Oblivion had plenty of the former with only a very thin layer of the latter. I fully expect the same in Skyrim and so far, especially taking consideration the first 23 minutes of the game, the above is true.

Vicarious Reality

Jul 10, 2011
Hunter65416 said:
-From the videos ive seen the majority of the environments seem a bit grey and gritty compared to the lush green environments i loved in oblivion
Yeah, welcome to the pole

Hunter65416 said:
-im not sure about the finishing moves in combat that you have no control over (there sort of cut scene type things)
Wtf? Are you telling me every combat ending has a cutscene? Is it like V.A.T.S?

Discord

Monk of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2009
Satsuki666 said:
I guess the only two things that worry me is that its made by Bethesda and that it has the elder scrolls in its title.

Fox KITSUNE said:
Not Really a Worry but more of a Deep thought,

If there are Vampires in the game, are there Werewolves? I mean you can't have one without the other, so it only seems natural to think and wonder.
Wait wait wait why the hell cant you have one without the other. That doesnt even make any sense. Of course you can have one without the other. Its not like they are connected in any way at all what so ever.
What I meant was that when someone brings up Vampires, Werewolves are usually thrown into the mix at some point and I'm sure that thought didn't go past Skyrim as well. I'm sure there are games that have vampires and no mention, throught or reference to anything Wolf, but in this case of this game, as evidence has proven, that is not going to be case. Vampires? Oh and there are some wolves, that seems to be the trend these days.

Sunrider

Add a beat to normality
Nov 16, 2009
One thing that worries me is seeing a new Skyrim thread every day. It makes me fear for what's to come.

Other than that, I'm worried about the combat being bad, as in stiff and without feeling.

Zinaxos

Feb 9, 2009
The lack of Hand-to-Hand as a skill. I only used Hand-to-Hand. So now, I don't know what kind of character to make... It's sad.

Jamous

Apr 14, 2009
I'm rather irked by the Steam dependency. Nothing should be -dependent- on Steam. Compatible, yes. But not dependent.
Aside from that, though, very few problems. Gonna be gooooood. ;D

Danzavare

Oct 17, 2010
Romidude said:
The fact that the game is 6GB and that there's 5 towns in total. Also they removed acrobatics and atheltics, super-fast Khajiit is no more.
Well, I wasn't worried until I read that. My obscene acrobatics skill is part of what makes playing my Khajiit so much fun. Nothing beats jumping around the massive gate that requires X amount of secret switches.

The acrobatics thing aside, my only worry is about the size of the world map. When I played Oblivion a world that seemed that vast and epic from the get-go caught me by surprise and made the game all the more enjoyable for me. Now that I have a handle of giant maps, Skyrim really has to go the extra mile to provide me with that same sense of awe.

aaronx83

Dec 18, 2009
I'm worried on how many time i'm gonna spend on this awesome game
but seriously, i dont think there wont be anything that an update cant fix

jboking

Oct 10, 2008
Zhukov said:
jboking said:
Zhukov said:
The combat seems dull as ditchwater and the animation is crummy. Basically like Fallout 3. Also, NPCs still do that bloody face-zoom eye-contact thing.

On the upside, the environments look nice and the dragons look cool.
Opinions not measured, the npc's totally don't do the face-zoom anymore. I thought people had been aware of that since e3.
Yes, they do.

It's in the gameplay demonstrations. It doesn't zoom right in like before, but their eyes still lock on with that signature unblinking stare. And it makes the conversations look just as bad as Oblivion and Fallout 3.
[small]if it doesn't load correctly, go to 4min 58sec.[/small]

As you can see, you don't zoom-in on the character, your camera does center them, though. However, once they start talking, you can see that you can move away. You can also see how that person is still doing their work as you talk to them. Oh, and he blinks a few times, if that was a big deal for you.

The joy of sources!

Freaky Lou

Nov 1, 2011
Danzavare said:
Romidude said:
The fact that the game is 6GB and that there's 5 towns in total. Also they removed acrobatics and atheltics, super-fast Khajiit is no more.
Well, I wasn't worried until I read that. My obscene acrobatics skill is part of what makes playing my Khajiit so much fun. Nothing beats jumping around the massive gate that requires X amount of secret switches.

The acrobatics thing aside, my only worry is about the size of the world map. When I played Oblivion a world that seemed that vast and epic from the get-go caught me by surprise and made the game all the more enjoyable for me. Now that I have a handle of giant maps, Skyrim really has to go the extra mile to provide me with that same sense of awe.
Skyrim's got more than 5 towns. That's evident on the maps.