Things in games that make you physically uncomfortable?

End

Nov 27, 2010
Sutter Cane said:
End said:
Being forced to do things that I wouldn't usually do or seem unnecessarily cruel, with the best example probably being in Heavy Rain in that misson where you had to kill a guy as Ethan, when the guy is showing you a picture of his family and begging you not to kill him.
Other than that sort of thing, probably the knowing that there are enemies nearby, when they know where you are without you knowing exactly where they are or when they are going to attack, which kind of makes me go extemely paranoid, jumpy and with that sinking feeling of how you could die at any second.
You know, you don't HAVE to kill him right. You can spare him and still find and rescue shaun, and get his good ending. So you're not really forced to do it.

I know, I found out later that you could find out the address towards the end, but at the time I felt that I had to, due to not completeing one of the previous trials correctly and so needed to get more pieces of the address, not knowing about how you could find out the address.

CatmanStu

Jul 22, 2008
JaymesFogarty said:
CatmanStu said:
The part in Bioshock where, if you pick up the recording, you here....a child, being made to kill a puppy under the effects of mind control. I've played that game three times and that bit upsets me every time.
You do realise that that child is
The main character, right?
Yeah, they make that point pretty clear, I was just being vague for the sake of those who haven't played it. It would have still been very unsettling out of context, but in context I found it down right sickening.

Comma-Kazie

Sep 2, 2009
Seeing David in the Overlord DLC in Mass Effect 2 was the most disturbing thing I've seen since the Amnesia flashbacks . . . that was just wrong.

Generic_Username

Dec 16, 2010
I don't know why, but water.
Really. When I swim away from the shore and am in the middle of nowhere just surrounded by water I always think something's gonna just jump out and kill me. Pretty much nothing else. Except incredibly over-the-top violence.