Things that annoy you about your friends

MajorTomServo

Jan 31, 2011
Calibanbutcher said:
axil56 said:
Calibanbutcher said:
axil56 said:
I have a friend who's only topics of conversation are rape, sodomy and the nazi's. Yeah, its exactly how it sounds

The only topics are Nazis, rape and sodomy?
Sounds like a lot of fun....
Yeah. and then I've got another friend who used to be a satanist, is a bassist in a heavy metal band, knows a guy who has 3 drug dealers living on his street (one of whom deals watered down Anthrax), has an ice-cream man who also sells weed and knows a guy who apparently got caught fondling his dogs testicles..... this is one guy, everyone
I'll raise you a friend who has several dealers, is a militant anarchist, regularly breaks down crying for no reason whatsoever and has a video of one of her friends doing it doggy style.
With his dog.
Why are you friends with these people?

Calibanbutcher

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2009
MajorTomServo said:
Calibanbutcher said:
axil56 said:
Calibanbutcher said:
axil56 said:
I have a friend who's only topics of conversation are rape, sodomy and the nazi's. Yeah, its exactly how it sounds

The only topics are Nazis, rape and sodomy?
Sounds like a lot of fun....
Yeah. and then I've got another friend who used to be a satanist, is a bassist in a heavy metal band, knows a guy who has 3 drug dealers living on his street (one of whom deals watered down Anthrax), has an ice-cream man who also sells weed and knows a guy who apparently got caught fondling his dogs testicles..... this is one guy, everyone
I'll raise you a friend who has several dealers, is a militant anarchist, regularly breaks down crying for no reason whatsoever and has a video of one of her friends doing it doggy style.
With his dog.
Why are you friends with these people?
Let's just say that I terminated the friendship soon after she told some very bad lies about me to people I care about....

Saviordd1

Jan 2, 2011
Oh god, I've been needing to do this for a long time.

I'll use made up nicknames for them for safety. (These are all actual nicknames and terms of endearment in a weird way believe it or not, I have one too)

Shiny
1: He's completely pussywhiped and as a rule I can't respect anyone who allows themselves to be walked over.
2: He has an annoying tendency to say something that makes no sense, get mad when we don't understand it, and piss us all off when he says "nevermind."
3: He asks for help, then gets offended when we tell him harsh truths.

Blindy
1: A small complaint but HE DOESN'T UNDERSTAND HOW TO FUCKING INSTANT MESSAGE. He can't write sentences and it grates on me for some reason. Example: hell writ a setnace like this and not profread it.
2: I like to keep to myself, and some days I don't want to talk about me at all. He decides these are the perfect times to ask exactly whats going on in my life and gets mad when I tell him I don't want to talk about it.
3: His breath stinks to the point of utter ridiculousness.

Distractable
1: She's overly passive aggressive and prefers to get mad through small ways. I'd rather be told to knock something off then to get passive aggressive "whatever" comments for the entirety of the day.

Thinwoman
1: To many motherfucking mind games, being her friend is in someways like a bad relationship, we can't figure shit out and get into arguments every other week.

Diabetes
1: His lack of any form of aspirations annoys the shit out of me, he has no dreams, no drive and lives off his mom.

Pastey
1: It's partially due to his minor form of aspergers but he will never admit when he's right and his arguments always devolve into "Your stupid".
2: He's fucking lazy as all hell.

Titty Smoker
1: She twists moods far to easily and her bad moods are just the biggest pain in the ass.
2: She has no self respect.

Short Cummins
1: She likes to be a bit of a drama queen.
2: She likes to complain too much.

Berserker
1: He's kinda awkward to talk to, it unnerves me.
2: He's childish, getting all mopey when things don't go his way.

That's it, my complaints about the people I deal with on a normal basis.

While it's all negative on this page I actually love these guys/gals to death (Not that I would ever say that mind you).

Saviordd1

Jan 2, 2011
Brutal Peanut said:
I don't really have anyone (besides my husband) that I would label as a 'friend', to be honest. So,.....

deathzero021 said:
i'll tell you what annoys me about friends >:\

... i has none :(

oh well, F$#% em! who needs em? not me, i'm bad @$$!... hey, so you wanna be friends anyone? >_>

-------
all joking aside, i can't really comment much here since i dont have any friends. past experiences? not sure if anything specifically was annoying about friendship, i'm pretty sure that's something that comes down to the individual. the only common annoyance may have been fighting about what to do as a group. we would have to get democratic to make any decisions xD
The Unworthy Gentleman said:
My friends are imaginary, so there's that, get's quite annoying after a while. I just make new ones to counter it though.
Sacman said:
Well, the fact that I don;t have any friends is probably the most annoying thing...<.<

[HEADING=3]I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH HUGS[/HEADING]

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
My least favorite thing about one of my friends is that we'll have this day of hanging out and gaming planned a week in advance. Then he won't be home when I'm coming over and I find out later that he completely forgot and went to hang out with another friend. It probably is never intentional but it still stings...

Mikejames

Jan 26, 2012
I've grown jaded about others' reliance on texting.

Does it make me old fashioned to feel like I'm fighting for a friend's attention when they can't go several minutes without breaking conversation to look at their phone?

kortin

Mar 18, 2011
My best friend tends to be forgetful. Annoying as hell. He also has a tendency to watch youtube videos while we're talking on skype. THAT just drives me insane.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
TizzytheTormentor said:
The others are great, some are quiet, some are talkative, my other friends are great too, but one of them is a sex maniac who never get's sex, he can be very annoying.
Oh, those people are the worst.

Especially when they start creeping on people's girlfriends or girls within the social group :I

I have a friend who never has his mobile with him. It's just aggravating because if there's something important, he's the one I can't count on to text me back.

I've had a couple of friends who would bail on plans, and the only way you'd find out is if you happened to mention said plans to them like the day/night before it was going to happen.

So many times I've nearly ended up getting a bus or train for what turned out to be no fucking reason... ¬_¬

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Elementary - Dear Watson said:
My IRL friends are all at that age where we fell like leaves in the wind and have spread to the far corners of the country... the think I dislike about them is that it is difficult, and not often that we get together like old times!

That was my friends from home... the problem with my RAF friends is that we all move every 2 years at least, so we don't get to spend long together... and not many have similar interests as me... Not many into games or movies like I am... and most certainly none into comics, cartoons or lego!
At least you'll always have me :p

Oh, I have a friend who doesn't drink, which is fair enough.

But he acts like he's better than me because of it, but we both know it's just because he can't acquire a taste for it.

omicron1

Mar 26, 2008
Soods said:
They are obsessed with alcohol, every single one of them. And I am a totalitarian. Life sucks.
You keep (at least once) using that word. I think the word you are looking for is teetotaler.

My friends tend to be pretty nice overall... albeit this is because I'm the kinda-sorta-obnoxious outgoing joker among us. This is a relatively new development (a result of consciously attempting to alter my personality); I'm otherwise relatively introverted.

They do tend to show up late for things, though. I've taken to giving them arrival times 30 minutes prior to the actual event, so they'll arrive 5 minutes early.

xshadowscreamx

Dec 21, 2011
one that annoys me is that, i think im the only one thats into movies like necromantic and martyrs and other disturbing movies. if only i knew someone that had a collection.

Raine_sage

Sep 13, 2011
OH boy do I have venting material.

Friend 1: She's the kind of person who's constantly reinventing herself. One week she wants to be a writer, one week she's a fashion model, one week she's into criminal justice. She's two years into College and she's switched majors so many times it makes my head spin. The reason for all this switching is that she has many many interests, but she's not very good at any of them. And when she's not instantly successful at whatever her latest "passion" is she drops it and tries another one.

Essentially she doesn't understand why she just can't have whatever she wants. Not in the spoiled brat kind of way but not getting that good things don't just happen over night and can take years of not so fun buckling down and working. One time her passion of the month was art. Being an artist myself I tried to give her some helpful advice about good starting points and books I'd found helpful when studying. Nothing complicated just basic line and shading stuff. She pretended to listen, and then an hour later she was pinging me with enthusiastic exclamations of her newest "art project" which comprised of some line art she'd printed and colored (badly) from deviant-art. I love that girl to pieces but never have I wanted to slam my head into a wall so badly.

The other noteworthy thing is that when her projects start flagging her first attempt at saving them is to throw money at it. Photography not taking off? Buy a 600 dollar camera. She doesn't even come from a rich family either so I have no idea where this mentality comes from. I've had to stop her from sinking money into obvious scams so many times...

Friend 2: A guy I know who just thinks he's way more badass than he actually is. Constantly moans about being single but refuses to take any constructive advice. If I point out that maybe girls would be more comfortable dating him if he didn't constantly whine about being forever alone, he just kind of throws up his hands and goes "Well I don't know how to change that about myself." Like 'not whining' is just too complicated for him to manage in social situation. He's also a huge downer. If the conversation is too happy he's sure to mention some personal angst of his to bring the mood right back down again. It's not like he hasn't had a hard life, but he seems to think having a hard life somehow redeems him of all possible flaws. And like he's somehow entitled to an instant solution to all of his problems because he's had it so hard thus far.

thesilentman

What this
Jun 14, 2012
I usually get annoyed at my friends at making me the subject of ALL the jokes they make. I can tell it's all in good fun, but ya know, there are 8 other targets you could choose from except me at times.

They also have a huge problem with elitism at times. One of my friends just won't shut the fuck up on how much better at basketball he is than me. I get it, I'm a dirty peasant, you're the master race, NOW CAN WE MOVE ON!? At least I have solace that I can defeat them in any argument they try to use against me. :-D

JagermanXcell

Oct 1, 2012
My best friend, maybe even most of them, are very biased. My best friend and I love seeking inspiration from forms of media since we both have a passion to become writers and we tend to work together a lot. I'm very open to new ideas coming from ANY AND ALL forms. My friend... well: Hates Anime (just about anything involving Japan), and thinks everything should be dark and gritty, never light hearted. It is so frustrating to convince him that Persona 4 is an original innovative experience. "I'm not gonna play that gay anime game, looks like crap."-his very words. I needed to buy a stress ball and do some yoga after he said that.

He also really liked The Amazing Spiderman and says the original trilogy was horrible. Whenever I bring up Spiderman 2 though... he stays quiet. At least now I know he has to be more forgiving, deep down inside.

I have another friend that likes to separate himself from popular bandwagons. Good for him, except he likes the Star Wars prequels over the original trilogy. I respect his opinion but dear god, the hate he gets from other people. I sure hope redlettermedia reviews change his opinion.

Vhite

Aug 17, 2009
Lack of them really. I had plenty of good frinds on highschool but they are now accessable only trough the internet and my two room mates at uni are ok but not really friends yet.

Sandernista

Feb 26, 2009
Marter said:
How a "meet me at 1:00" becomes an "I'll show up at 1:30 despite telling you I'd be there at 1:00."
More like "See you in a few" (2:00pm) "Oh shit almost there" (5:00pm) "Is free pizza and adequate apology? Leaving in a minute" (10:00pm)