Things that annoy you for reasons you can't explain.

Adinoman

Sep 11, 2009
for some reason, i cannot stand it when someone talks really loud when they are standing right next to me. Seriously, im RIGHT HERE, turn the volume down from 11.

Also, when people refer to 'Disc golf' as 'Frisbee golf'. NO sir, one is a sport requiring skill, the other is something your dog does for fun

Jul 9, 2008
traceur_ said:
The_Healer said:
I can't stand it when women sing.
Don't ask me why.
Same. There's only two songs (that I know of) sung by women that don't make me want to die.
That's odd. What kinds of music annoy you when sung by woomen?

Hmm...bear with me here. Does this [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glRuGzB3eLQ&feature=PlayList&p=74C7F160EE8A9D54&index=9] song annoy you? I'm wondering if anyone could possibly be annoyed by Susan Tedesci.

Mordwyl

Feb 5, 2009
The anime art style rubs me the wrong way, though this may be amateur artists try to excuse their garbage as such instead of actually improving.

mokes310

Oct 13, 2008
Any CSI, NCIS, Law and Order, or medical drama.

Also, non-regional dialects, i.e., urban lingo, (not including Gullah which is regional). If you want to speak like an uneducated simpleton, fine by me, but don't expect me to give you any respect!

RADEOCIDE

Jun 12, 2009
The sound of someone tapping their fingers against a desk.

That, and people who ask me to repeat something three times.

Code Monkey

Mar 21, 2009
Facebook, Octopi, Duck Billed Platypuses, Red Curtains, Fancy Pens, The number 2, Anything touch screen, People who don't like black and white movies, Envelopes, The current logo for the escapist, open doors, ice, bats, Poeple whos don't understand the meaning of Irony, Beyonce, Superman, Any kind of religion, Bobo Fet (well, anything related to starwars), When I forget how to put things in bold, The word Numerous, and lol. O.k, that's all I can think of right now.

Edit: "Poeple whos don't understand the Meaning of Irony"
TYPOS!!!

WiccaVamp

Jun 26, 2009
Chewing with your mouth open *shudder*

When someone has a pimple on their face and it looks like its about ready to explode at any moment....I'm just like "Contain that shit already!

Unrealistic happy endings in love stories.(She's all that,A walk to remember, etc.)
Mind you i also hate chick flicks.

Girls who play cute/dumb....I'd rather get dragged on jagged broken beer bottles from a transport for 50 miles then act like a mildly retarded kitten.

AbsoluteVirtue18

Jan 14, 2009
Micheal Cera. I didn't like him in Superbad, I hated him in Juno (Of course I hate that movie) I just hate him.

Same with Kim Kardashian. When she speaks I she sounds way too monotone. It makes her seem like she has no soul.

chickenlord

May 14, 2008
....Jimmy buffet songs...fuck you Margarita-ville ! also that "hey there Dillila" song...god it drives me nuts! >.<

InsertWittyName

Jun 25, 2009
JoshGod said:
the sound of i forgot whats its called but that white stuff in boxes to protect/hold stuff in pace when you touch it, the noise it makes, drives me insane.
It's called styrofoam, and I fucking hate it, especially when people scratch it, and chalkboards, I hate chalkboards and it makes me cringe whenever I think about running my nails down them or when someone else does.

Bernzz

Assumed Lurker
Legacy
Mar 27, 2009
Country
Australia
MaxTheReaper said:
Bernzz said:
On the topic of metal: "Metal is just noise."

No, it is fucking not.

Or when people glare at me for being a teenager who wears black.
That's fairly subjective.

Also, just tell them your pink trench coat is at the cleaners.
True, it is subjective. It's just, I'm a lot more tolerant of it than most people I know, and when they claim it's all noise, no talent, it just annoys me.

Also, I would tell them the pink trench coat thing, but yeah...they glare at me as I walk past them, or they walk past me, but they don't say anything. They just judge me.

Bah, I say.

Lamppenkeyboard

Jun 3, 2009
Something like...
This.

Xpwn3ntial

Avid Reader
Dec 22, 2008
I dislike the words volunteerism and class. Don't know why, probably just overexposure.

badgersprite

[--SYSTEM ERROR--]
Sep 22, 2009
Phones. Calling people, or being called. I just hate the sound of ringing phones. I don't like talking to people over the phone, and I don't like having to answer phones. It gets under my skin.

Also, asymmetry. I don't like having a door open on one side of a room and closed on the other. It really bugs me if I think my collar isn't level. Also, I used to wear glasses, but I had to stop, because the fact that I always wondered if it was my imagination or if the frame looked slightly slanted above my eyes was so distracting that I couldn't get anything done. It also gets on my nerves with sound in headphones if one side seems quieter than the other.

There are lots of ads that annoy me for no reason. My list would be too long if I went through them all, but a few obvious examples from Australia are the APIA insurance woman and the Chrisco woman, and all those ad spots that pretend to be talk shows or independent info-spots, even though it's obvious that they're paid ads, like Zoot Review, or all those insurance ads.