Things that destroyed your favorite movie/series

Dok Zombie

Apr 24, 2008
Kasabian after Christopher Karloff left.

They went from a really unique and interesting electro-rock band to Arctic Monkeys 2.0

Shame, their debut album was, and is, superb.

StarStruckStrumpets

Jan 17, 2009
I'm prepared for a great flaming here, but anyone my age would know...

BATMAN.

Batman has been fucking ruined by twatty emo shits who think it is cool to like Batman. They wear belts, they get underwear, and often spout that "they are batman". I know I'm going to come off as a massive jaded douche, but no. Just no.

You are not fucking Batman, you're a shitty wemo ***** that watched the Dark Knight, and started liking him because EVERY FUCKER ELSE DID!

It pisses me off SO MUCH.

So, in short, wannabe emo ASSHOLES ruined Batman.

SageRuffin

M-f-ing Jedi Master
Dec 19, 2009
What I didn't like about the whole midichlorian thing was that it removed the universal mysticism of the force as explained by Yoda when he was talking to Luke and made it some sort of premeditated, divine intervention or something. Kinda like in the Harry potter series - you didn't become a wizard/witch/warlock, you were born one. And if you wanted to learn magic, you were just fucked.

Star Wars did the same thing in Episode 1 (I forget, what came first? this or Sorcerer's Stone?). All of a sudden you couldn't learn to become a Jedi, you had to be "force-sensitive", whatever the fuck that means. It's almost sounds like if you weren't touched by the gods themselves you might as well had been a mosquito or something.

There are other things about Star Wars I could go on about, but I don't wanna waste anybody else's time anymore than I already have.

Wolfenbarg

Terrible Person
Oct 18, 2010
It wasn't my favorite series, but all of the shoddy explanations to the loose ends in Battlestar Galactica pissed me off. I have trouble restarted series since I know it ultimately ends up being completely stupid.

SageRuffin

M-f-ing Jedi Master
Dec 19, 2009
Hey wait, I do have another, but I'll keep this one short and not as angry.

Street Fighter has been dead to me since original IV dropped. First the aesthetics: it includes the entire cast of Super Turbo, plus Gouken and Bison/Vega (Dictator) who should both be fucking dead. Also, the characters from other games show no change in design showing their growth, especially the characters from the Alpha series - Sakura still has her schoolgirl outfit (battle ready deez nuts, Capcom just got lazy), Cody is apparently still in prison, at this point Gen should probably also be dead if only from age, the original characters are lame save maybe Abel and Juri, etc.

Then there's the gameplay itself. The game borrows heavily from 2 with a heavy emphasis on projectile zoning. With all the talks of balance and whatnot, what no one seems to realize is that characters who are not projectile-reliant (i.e. my personal favorite Fei Long) are at a great disadvantage since there's no guaranteed way to avoid projectiles without eating focus damage, chip damage, or getting an anti-air up the rectum. Add to that some characters have really wonky hitboxes that keep certain attacks from connecting or comboing correctly and the game just becomes a mess.

I will happily pay money for when SFIII Online finally drops. And it will be glorious.

Nomanslander

Feb 21, 2009
Iwata said:
I was quite enjoying "Lost", until I realized that the writers had no idea what they were doing.
I'm curious, which season did you begin realizing that? For me it was right at the end of season two when Michael shot the two girls.

=P

Anyways, I have to also go with the OP; midichlorians practically ruined the series for me.

-_-

badgersprite

[--SYSTEM ERROR--]
Sep 22, 2009
The quickest way for me to lose enjoyment of something I love is to hang out in the fandom for it. -_- So, yeah, rabid, insane fans who act crazy and obsessive about their favourite character or pairing, or smug jerks who spend all their time bitching about the show and the people who like it will destroy what was once my favorite thing to watch.

EOD Tech

Dec 30, 2010
Squarez said:
EOD Tech said:
SonicWaffle said:
EOD Tech said:
SonicWaffle said:
EOD Tech said:
The insertion of politics into like every TV show nowadays. I don't want to hear some stupid hack writers' opinions on gun control or abortion shoehorned into a crime drama.
Well, in fairness, a crime drama is probably a good place to discuss gun control, what with people getting shot with alarming frequency...
No.
No what? No, guns aren't used in many crimes? No, it makes no sense for police (or whoever the heroes of your chosen crime drama are) to have opinions on the law? No, people who deal with guns and gun crime on a regular basis would never advocate tighter control over who has access to firearms?

If Elmo gives a lecture on gun control, that's out of place. If cops in a crime drama talk about it, that makes perfect sense.
No, it isn't appropriate to discuss gun control during crime dramas because gun control has nothing to do with crime. Gun control is meant to protect the government from its own citizens, not the citizens against criminals.
Are you quite mad? Seriously.
Only if logic is madness. This isn't the place to explain how criminals by definition don't pay attention to the law, to include gun law, but maybe do some research on your own.

Point is, unless necessary to advance the plotline or a movie, book, or game, politics should be left out of things. Musicians do it too...every time I hear one of them enter into some political rant at a concert I think "you're pissing off at least 20% of your audience, you idiot."

EOD Tech

Dec 30, 2010
Also Hot Topic has ruined a lot of my favorite cartoons. Invader Zim was a lot more magical for me before I started seeing posers wearing shirts with GIR on them.

eggy32

Nov 19, 2009
Spyro the motherfucking Dragon and Crash the kick-ass Bandicoot.

The were so awesome back in their day when spyro was a huge adventure/platformer with big worlds to explore and places where you'd have to go and get a power up then come back just to get to a secret level. It died when it turned into a linear beat-em-up. The games weren't that bad but they just shouldn't have been beat-em-ups, if you see what I mean.

Crash Bandicoot was awesome as well on the PS1. It wasn't open ended nor was it vast but it was funny and fun to play. Funny death animations and challenging levels with creative enemies and various mechanics to change up the gameplay in certain levels made it awesome. Crash Team Racing is one of the best racing games ever too. Then the series took a dip when it hit the wrath of cortex. It was way too easy. I know the first 3 weren't exactly Ikaruga level but they at least provided some challenge at times. Wrath of Cortex had almost no new ideas and terrible boss fights. Crash twin-sanity wasn't bad though. Then sierra took over and ruined it for good by turning it into a beat-em-up and covering crash in tattoos.

I hate when a different developer buys an IP and totally changes everything for the worst.

Lukirre

Feb 24, 2009
Mugen Weston said:
Firefly being cancelled halfway through the series
such a great series not given a proper chance
Thisohgodx1000.

Curse you, Fox!
CURSE YOU.

*puts on his hat*

Kiytan

Feb 23, 2008
Firefly...obviously...

Smallville...that show has more ups and downs than any other I can think of

had it just been a bad series I would have been fine, but the fact it showed moments of utter Brilliance, mainly around lex and his father made it hard to watch. And they made green arrow cool.

And now that they've killed off lex, lionel and Jimmy (why, why would you do that) I can't bring myself to watch it.

Also: Is it wrong throughout smallville I nearly always sided with lex or the green arrow?

Cha Sui Bow.

Jan 6, 2011
Well I don't know about movies that ruined movie series, but the Tekken movie was quite a disgrace, I love tekken, and watching that movie actually made me mad.

(Yes, Firefly was awesome)

damage999

Jun 26, 2010
I was really enjoying the Dark Tower series when right near the end King killed off one of the main characters. I was so pissed off I never finished the Book. Oh do books count??

damage999

Jun 26, 2010
Oh yeah and if you want a good series to be cancelled just start one up on the Scy-Fy Channel

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
I was quite enjoying the body of work of the Marx Brothers until Irving Thalberg died in 1936 and the corporate executive idiots at MGM started creative meddling in the brothers' films (not for nothing is "A Day At The Races" (1937) generally considered the last "classic" Marx Bros. flick.)