Things that were more/less expensive then you thought?

Professor James

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2010
I forgot to add something else that was less expensive. Guns, when I found out the general price of a handgun, I was a bit surprised? I expected a few hundred dollars more.

Ganath

Jan 24, 2011
Thought going by train from Sweden to Denmark would cost me up to 50 euro if I wanted to go to Copenhagen. Nope. 7 euro. Besides that, I once misheard my grandfather when he asked me to borrow 6 euro, I thought he said he needed to borrow 60 euro. I only realized this as I was about to head outside and go to the ATM to take out money. What a wasted trip that would've been considering I had 6 euro on me... I feel my sums are pretty pathetic.

Angie7F

WiseGurl
Nov 11, 2011
Torrasque said:
Conversely, a night at the pub is always more expensive than I thought =|
This!!
Every time after a night out i wake up with a hangover and look at my wallet and think, how the hell did I blow all that money on drinks?!

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
You mean "than" not "then".

Then means after, whereas than is comparing things in the context you are using it.

Anyway, I am surprised at how cheap you can buy a decent gaming PC for now. Not a top end one, but one that's decent enough to play most modern games on a reasonable setting.

Padwolf

Sep 2, 2010
A train from Warlingham to Kent costs £22. 22! Jesus that is a lot of money for the train. Train fares in general though are so pricey. The bus to croydon costs £1.35. I miss the days when a bus ride was only 40p

Stasisesque

Nov 25, 2008
Padwolf said:
The bus to croydon costs £1.35. I miss the days when a bus ride was only 40p
To be fair, they try to dissuade you from paying that much by being Croydon.

But £1.35? That doesn't sound like a London fare. Isn't it £2.20 in cash now, and about £1.90 on Oyster? What am I missing?

Padwolf

Sep 2, 2010
Stasisesque said:
Padwolf said:
The bus to croydon costs £1.35. I miss the days when a bus ride was only 40p
To be fair, they try to dissuade you from paying that much by being Croydon.

But £1.35? That doesn't sound like a London fare. Isn't it £2.20 in cash now, and about £1.90 on Oyster? What am I missing?
haha yeah, I'd rather not live near Croydon, but since I'm in Warlingham it's the only place nearby :( I miss the rest of London so much. Used to live in Tooting. I don't miss that, but I miss the nicer parts.

Yeah it is, it's still £1.35 by bus on the Oyster, I think by cash it's gone up to £2.40.

Dr.A

Jun 3, 2010
I found out earlier this week that getting a grande Chai Latte at Starbucks costs less than a tall Pumpkin Spice Latte.

Time for breakfast.

Rip Van Rabbit

~ UNLIMITED RULEBOOK ~
Apr 17, 2012
Angie7F said:
Torrasque said:
Conversely, a night at the pub is always more expensive than I thought =|
This!!
Every time after a night out i wake up with a hangover and look at my wallet and think, how the hell did I blow all that money on drinks?!
I - fuck...Well this!

I'm reasonably responsible with my money, I call a friend, we go to the bar and I set a mental limit on how much I'm going to spend on myself.

After a shitty week however...

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
Evil Smurf said:
The savings on eBay for games are amazing! I did not expect it!
Heh I remmeber I got Alice Madness returns off of ebay for $22 and I received it the day before it actually came out in the US...

Thanks random shop from india... xD

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
My copy of Ikaruga, would normally sell for atleast 40 euro's, got my copy for 15.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Professor James said:
I forgot to add something else that was less expensive. Guns, when I found out the general price of a handgun, I was a bit surprised? I expected a few hundred dollars more.
Doesn't a standard pistol go for about $300 nowadays?