Things You Can't Prove, But Believe

Hectix777

Feb 26, 2011
AngelOfBlueRoses said:
That everyone in the world is out to get me!

[sub][small]Wait, I can actually prove that...[/small][/sub]
Oh you're over exagerating! And by the way, the portrait on your left wall is crooked, and ignore the red dot. That's the... party laser. Let It SHiNe On yOU ANd reCIeVe CakE. IT's NiCe aNd MOisT.

snagli

Jan 21, 2011
I'm pretty damn sure I can dream the future. Annoying thing is, I only remember I dreamt it at the moment it happens, but then I can recall exactly when I dreamt it, and I know the stuff that's about to happen.

Also God, spiritual stuff, ghosts, afterlife, psychics, the whole bunch.

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
That energy can be destroyed. What do I base this on? Simple: We exist. If we exist, then we must have been created, and then something will have to have created that which created us and so forth. It's an infinite circle of creations and creators and I don't believe that anything is infinite. So therefore things can be created out of nothing, because somehow the ultimate origins must have come to be. And if something can come from nothing, it should also be possible for it to return to nothing.

But if I am wrong, and it's proven that infinity is real, then I'm more than excited, because then that opens up possibilities of time travel, and I'm all up for that.

Sirpipple

Aug 17, 2010
I'm going to go with gravity. I'ts not proven it's just a way to explain things that fall down. There may indeed be another reason for why things like this happen and we just choose to believe the most direct method.

thahat

Apr 23, 2008
Daystar Clarion said:
I believe in luck.

I know that everything happens through a chain of events, but a lot of things to seem to end up in my favour more often than not, while others seem to never get their own way.

I'm lucky :D
-gives you a lucky brofist-
same here. i actualy tried to prove this with dice once. and for the amount we let me throw ( a rediculous number ) it worked out. statistics disagrees with me i guess.

( once threw 22 6's after another during RISK defending with one man vs an entire army. made my day. especially since i know its supposed to be blood impossible XD, what are the odds? 1/6^26? ( was not cheating or anything nor trick dice ))

Terratina.

RIP Escapist RP Board
May 24, 2012
The majority of Quantum Physics. Gluons haven't been discovered yet, nor has the Higgs and there are plenty of Physicists waiting for that theory to fall down.

Oh and God. ;)

Daystar Clarion said:
I believe in luck.

I know that everything happens through a chain of events, but a lot of things to seem to end up in my favour more often than not, while others seem to never get their own way.

I'm lucky :D
True dat. The number of times I've walked up to my bus stop and a bus just arrived, out of about five buses that goes to that stop. It's pretty lucky.

Ryuo

Dec 5, 2009
Luck by far. Amongst my friends I have gained a (joking) reputation as an Aitvaras (A mythological creature that has a luck draining effect)

I'm an extremely lucky individual, but I have noticed (and my friends noticed, too) that I get luckier when in company of others. While their luck drops inversely to my good luck.

Among things that I cannot 'prove' Luck is what I stand by, firmly.

Lord Kloo

Jun 7, 2010
That trees do make a sound when they fall down in a wood and no-one is listening.. Trees do not just disobey the laws of physics to confuse humans in stupid puzzles, otherwise we have to assume that statues do come alive when no-one looks at them simply for the shits and giggles..

Also that anything exists or doesn't exist
Also that creation (everything that exists and or doesn't) is infinite so that after death there is only a 1/Infinite chance that when I die absolutely nothing will exist or happen beyond. Death's gonna be great

elvor0

Sep 8, 2008
Lord Kloo said:
That trees do make a sound when they fall down in a wood and no-one is listening.. Trees do not just disobey the laws of physics to confuse humans in stupid puzzles, otherwise we have to assume that statues do come alive when no-one looks at them simply for the shits and giggles..

Also that creation (everything that exists and or doesn't) is infinite so that after death there is only a 1/Infinite chance that when I die absolutely nothing will exist or happen beyond. Death's gonna be great
Well technically they do make a sound, it's just that if nothing receives the sound, nothing will receive the vibrations thus its... oh fuck trees.

Naeo

Dec 31, 2008
If you're talking about things I, personally, cannot prove, well that would be most everything I know. At this point in my life most of my academic knowledge has been given to me and taken on word.

But if you mean things that cannot be proven (i.e. by anyone), then I'm not sure. I try (though I'm sure if I put some more thought to it I'd come up with a whole host of exceptions) not to believe in things without relatively solid proof or at least a strong deductive logical argument.

bauke67

Apr 8, 2011
So firstly, the very existance of the world around me.
Secondly, pretty much all of science is something I can't prove(therefore it would be unlogical for me to accept all of it)

Mau95

Nov 11, 2011
Hazy992 said:
Tyrant55 said:
Not a big conspiracy theorist myself, but I do think that the moon may have a greater effect on people's behavior than we realize. We are made of mostly water after all.
Wut? Yeah we're mostly made of water but that doesn't mean I can put fires out with my body either.
You totally can, but it wouldn't be a lot of fun to do.

Mau95

Nov 11, 2011
Lord Kloo said:

Isn't the tree thing a metaphor?