Things you hate in your favorite games

MajorTomServo

Jan 31, 2011
HOLD UP GUYS I HAVE A GROUNDBREAKING IDEA FOR A THREAD THAT HAS SURELY NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE.

I hate when people walk in my line of fire in L4D, then yell at me for shooting them

I hate people who rage into their mics in pretty much every online game ever

I hate the amount of promo items in TF2

I hate when I'm playing modern warfare 2 and everybody's title is "Blunt Ops" or "High Command" and their emblem is a pot leaf

I hate when I'm trying to sneak in Fallout or Elder Scrolls and my follower is just derping around

I hate the lack of crazy outfits and weapons I was promised in Saints Row the Third. Theres like three.

I hate when I have to spend a ton of time grinding in pokemon

I hate when I trade in a game and then want to play it like a week later

I hate when I climb ladders in Red Dead Redemption and I get shot in the back like a thousand times and die

And I could go on, but you get the idea. Try it, it's fun and social and stuff.

Giest4life

The Saucepan Man
Feb 13, 2010
I hate that Age of Empires II did not get sequel worthy for itself.
I hate that I can't kill main NPC's in Skyrim.
I hate how some of the HL puzzles kill my immersion because I can't figure them for an extended period.
I hate the fucking difficulty in Dragain Age, but I've too much of a conscience to set it it at any lower than "Normal"---yeah, normal my ass.
I hate it how Metro 2033 does not have a real final boss fight, because the one that it has was won by firing on shot in a hallucination sequence.
I hate how my AI company members in Skyrim are absolutely fucking retarded.

PanYue

Dec 3, 2011
Not being able to discuss any Sonic game without a flood of community members complaining about the same thing over-and-over. >_<;

Not being able to make a Custom Warrior in any of the Dynasty Warrior's games until their expansions/Empires versions come out. Playing as a Custom Warrior was the bee's knee's for me and I couldn't have enjoyed it more.

Lack of Australian servers in Serious Sam. XD

shazlor

Sep 14, 2009
Time sequences in anything ever.
Any under water section ever.
Aeris/Aerith.

I also wanted to write something that could spark further conversation or insight but I don't know how to do that on this topic, so I guess the little list will have to suffice.

Layzor

Feb 18, 2009
It's not specific, but I hate seeing stairwells that are blocked by furniture or other crap so that you can only go one way. Nothing forces linearity down my throat like that does.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
- The Lazarus Project.
- Vita Chambers.

Those are the first that come to mind.

Mojo

Jun 2, 2011
Giest4life said:
I hate that Age of Empires II did not get sequel worthy for itself.
I hate you for reminding me how I hate AoE III and how I love AoE II......
Damm that was/is an awsome RTS.

OT:
I hate

Mike Richards

Nov 28, 2009
This is less of a problem with Skyrim then with it's publishing, but I hate how there's no actual data on the disk. It just activates on Steam and you have to download the whole thing no matter what version you bought.

Now, I love Steam and am usually ok with having to download big games, but what's the point of having a retail version that's essentially the same as buying it online? The only difference is that I drove out to a store at 11:30 freezing my ass off, and I got a pretty cool map. Makes me wonder how much money they could have saved by scrapping the retail version of the standard edition completely.

Oh, and the Flood in Halo 2. WILL YOU STOP REGENERATING PLEASE

They were actually really fun in 3 though

Toriver

Lvl 20 Hedgehog Wizard
Jan 25, 2010
I hate HEY! LISTEN! HEY! LISTEN! HEY! LISTEN!

I hate how it took a decade and the near-death of the franchise to get 3D controls for Sonic right.

I hate how Soul Calibur 4 was actually a step backward from Soul Calibur 3's gameplay and customization for the sake of shiny graphics and cutscenes. I also hate the Apprentice in that game.

MajorTomServo

Jan 31, 2011
TheYellowCellPhone said:
Team Fortress 2. Four words:

"YOU HAVE BEEN AUTOBALANCED".

Nothing makes me ragequit faster.
OH MY GOOOSSHH I KNOW.
I have OCD and can only play for the blue team. (I dont mean that's one of my cute quirks, I literally have OCD and cant play the game if Im on red. Ive logged 200+ hours, all blue.)

Miggiwoo

Aug 7, 2011
I hate Adrenaline rush Krogan on insanity ME:1
I hate AWPs.
I Archaeology in WoW
I hate Foresworn Briarhearts.

Scrustle

Apr 30, 2011
I hate how in Forza you can't choose to paint cars with matte finish paint despite several of the cars in the game having it as an option from the stock colours. Seriously Turn10, how hard can it be to just do that? People have been asking for it for years now. And you can clearly do it.

SarcasmoPope

Dec 22, 2010
I hate mortars and the amount of RPG-against-infantry in Battlefield 3.
I hate Duke Nukem Forever for trying to be a modern shooter.