Things you hate that everybody out there seems to love

dfcrackhead

Apr 14, 2009
Cake. The food not the band. I strongly dislike cake, I don't eat it, ever. I am often the weird one at birthday parties and shit everyone is all "Hey you want some cake?" or "Wow, you ate your piece fast" and I always have to say "No I do not want/did not have any cake." and then they just stare at me weirdly

Orekoya

Sep 24, 2008
The one that comes to mind that I'm surprised isn't listed here already is Batman: The Dark Knight. What an absolutely god awful and dull movie this was. During the course of it I fell asleep and was awoken by some random noise three different times during my first viewing. Since it was getting such wide praise, it had me scratching my head and I gave it another chance to which I wish I hadn't bothered. This is just a bad movie. If it was only that I suppose I wouldn't care but I now hate it on multiple levels.

First level: This movie is nothing more than the plot of Daredevil, which most people hate, but forty minutes longer; and those forty minutes longer was just pointless dialogue non-sense filler that the movie didn't need. If you watch scene for scene side by side between those two movies, the amount that got ripped off is infuriating.

Second level: This movie ruined Christian Bale. Before this movie he was capable of showing a wide array of emotions. This movie is nothing but growly tough-talk voice and he got critical acclaim for it. All of his roles since have been the same.

Third level: This movie is being called Heath Ledger's last great role. Really? He was barely in it and his character was very one-dimensional. He even won an Oscar for it leaving the taste that it was out of pity and nothing more which overall hurts the portrayal of his acting skills. It also completely ignores The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus: a much, much better movie. One worthy to be called a last great role.

Final level: I would be willing to shut up about all this if it weren't for the sheer amount of praise this movie gets, to the point of being absurd. The Dark Knight was ranked the 15th greatest film in history on Empire's 2008 list of the "500 Greatest Movies of All Time,"; it came in first for movie of the decade in Entertainment Weekly; it overtook Godfather to come in first in IMDB's Movie of All Time statics. Just makes it all the more bitter.

[/walloftext]

Cheery Lunatic

Aug 18, 2009
Op makes me sad. Pixar, LotR, AND Spiderman? Say it's not so!

OT: Pokemon, Shadow of the Colossus, Arrested Development, Durararara (or however the hell you spell it), and Bioshock.

EDIT: I think I'm gonna cry. Post above me hates TDK! I mean, I've seen people actually hate it just because it was popular, but this guy seems to legitimately dislike it. :(

Instinct Blues

Jun 8, 2008
Tajomaru said:
There are things out there, either a song, a film, a character, a book, etc. that everyobody seems to be in love with, that you hate. It may turn out to be a full cultural phenomenon which pisses you off even more as you can't find the fucking reason why people are in such awe to an obvious piece of shit. I have found that these things happen quite often, and I am not talking about retarded pop-culture icons like Twilight or Highschool Musical, but rather serious stuff that are widely considered good. I for example, am utterly disgusted by:

-the 3 Spiderman movies
-M.D. House
-Seinfeld
-Lord of the Rings, both movies(which were boring) and books (which were lame)
-Led Zeppelin and The Beatles
-Shawshank Redemption(what is up with that movie anyway?)
-The Hurt locker
-Paulo Coelho and Anne Rice(somehow they overlap in my head)
-Toy Story, Wall-E, Up, Ratatouille(basically I hate Pixar)
-Family guy, American dad, The Cleveland show
-Dragonforce, Rhapsody or any nerdy-geeky-lame bands in this fashion

Consider yours. There have to be at last a few.
Woah woah woah I can understand you hating Family Guy, American Dad, The Cleveland Show, Dragonforce, and a few other things on your list. But how on earth can you hate the Beatles I mean this astounds me when people say they hate the Beatles I can understand you being bothered at how ubiquitous their songs are but to outright hate them seems impossible to me. I don't see how you can call Toy Story an obvious piece of shit. It seems to me you just hate popular things. Not that you can't hate them but most of those things you listed aren't obvious pieces of shit because they all have redeeming qualities. If they're widely considered good by many critics then they must have done something right and that would be the reason why they are popular.

OT: I can't really think of anything thats popular that I consider a piece of shit besides maybe Metallica or the whole metalcore scene.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Topics that re-emerge every few months that people still can't seem to keep themselves from commenting on (yes, sense of irony fully engaged.)

Killdebeest

Jun 21, 2009
First, the obvious ones:
Twilight, Justin Bieber, most Disney celebrities, "leet speak" and pointlessly arguing over the internet.
Now for ones I haven't heard very much:
Getting married, having children, McDonald's and reality shows (They aren't even close to reality, nobody acts like that normally.)

Dapper Ninja

Aug 13, 2008
Tajomaru said:
There are things out there, either a song, a film, a character, a book, etc. that everyobody seems to be in love with, that you hate. It may turn out to be a full cultural phenomenon which pisses you off even more as you can't find the fucking reason why people are in such awe to an obvious piece of shit. I have found that these things happen quite often, and I am not talking about retarded pop-culture icons like Twilight or Highschool Musical, but rather serious stuff that are widely considered good. I for example, am utterly disgusted by:

-the 3 Spiderman movies
-M.D. House
-Seinfeld
-Lord of the Rings, both movies(which were boring) and books (which were lame)
-Led Zeppelin and The Beatles
-Shawshank Redemption(what is up with that movie anyway?)
-The Hurt locker
-Paulo Coelho and Anne Rice(somehow they overlap in my head)
-Toy Story, Wall-E, Up, Ratatouille(basically I hate Pixar)
-Family guy, American dad, The Cleveland show
-Dragonforce, Rhapsody or any nerdy-geeky-lame bands in this fashion

Consider yours. There have to be at last a few.
Do you even have a soul?

And didn't I see this thread less than twelve hours ago?

And did absolutely no one who posted read "I am not talking about retarded pop-culture icons like Twilight or Highschool Musical, but rather serious stuff that are widely considered good"?

Anyway, I hate Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns. It's a terrible graphic novel that triggered the worst thing to ever happen to comics.

TylerC

Nov 12, 2008
Se7enUpMustang said:
and finnaly sports that dont involve cars
It's funny, I'm the exact opposite in that respect.
I hate country music, music involving auto-tune, the really bad hip-hop/rap that comes out nowadays, Left 4 Dead, JRPGs, MW2 - although I still play it with my friends once in a while, Avatar, obviously there's more I just can't think of 'em right now.

Continuity

May 20, 2010
Johnny-Natrium said:
Continuity said:
..all social networking sites (steam excepted).
That "Steam excepted" wears down anything else you'd say.. It is one of the most shitty services on the planet.
Hello, where did that come from? :) you're entitled to an opinion but it would be nice if you explained what you don't like about steam so that perhaps I can make an effective retort?

Instinct Blues

Jun 8, 2008
Orekoya said:
-snip-
First level: This movie is nothing more than the plot of Daredevil, which most people hate, but forty minutes longer; and those forty minutes longer was just pointless dialogue non-sense filler that the movie didn't need. If you watch scene for scene side by side between those two movies, the amount that got ripped off is infuriating.

-snip-
This part of your argument makes the least amount of sense I've seen Daredevil and theres literally no comparison. I'd like you to point out the parts of the plot that are the same because from what I remember they are completely different movies. Also the acting in The Dark Knight was infinitely better. Also what scenes in The Dark Knight did you consider filler. It seems you're upset that it topped a movie you like on some list that doesn't make a difference. While I did like the film I'm not one of those people who calls it one of the best movies ever but its still a good film.

Johnny-Natrium

May 23, 2010
Continuity said:
Johnny-Natrium said:
Continuity said:
..all social networking sites (steam excepted).
That "Steam excepted" wears down anything else you'd say.. It is one of the most shitty services on the planet.
Hello, where did that come from? :) you're entitled to an opinion but it would be nice if you explained what you don't like about steam so that perhaps I can make an effective retort?
Yeah, wouldn't that be nice..
(If only I felt like it.. Sorry)

bjQrnen

Feb 2, 2010
CSI: Miami.. as long as David Caruso aka. Lt. Horatio Caine is alive, I will plan his painful execution on a daily basis. If I, by accident, hear one of his f#%¤#% one-liners and watch him take on those sunglasses, random furniture within reach dies.

Anonymous Overlord

Sep 21, 2009
Pants. Im a man who hates wearing pants. they are restrictive, expensive, the fastest garment to dirty, and try finding a pair that fits. Im not a large guy and my exact pant size is 29x31. to small for a 30' waist and too large for a 28', and if i get a 30 inch leg my socks show constantly, a 32 in leg and the slack gets caught in my bike chain.

id wear shorts but my legs are covered in a mat of dark hairs over my naturally pale skin. its too hideous for any polite company. When Im at home i wear robes, but thats not "acceptable" to be out and about in public.

ninjaman 420

Feb 18, 2009
Final fantasy, omg do I hate that everywhere I go people fucking love final fantasy. I haven't played them all but the 2 or 3 of them I have played for 15 minutes just made me want to never experience those damn games again.

Swny Nerdgasm

Jul 31, 2010
Let's see...

Anything written by Tolkien, or Frank Miller.
any of the CSI's
amazingly for a born and bred metalhead... any of Ozzy's solo career
Halo series.
Heath Ledger as the Joker, he got all that acclaim cause he died, if he was alive he'd have been called a good casting choice but he wouldn't have been lionized the way he was.
Spider-man
and any movie that is released in 3-D

A random person

Apr 20, 2009
Se7enUpMustang said:
Country music & Lifted pickup trucks (i live in the south)
JRPG's
You haven't browsed these forums very long, have you?

I agree with you on the country music, however, as a fellow southerner.

On topic, The Office. Seriously, I don't get why everyone thinks it's some work of comedic brilliance.

ninjaman 420

Feb 18, 2009
The Amazing Tea Alligator said:
lee1287 said:
Drugs, mainly weed, in the Uk i swear everyone is doing it.
but you'd be much cooler if you did it too :p
ZING!!! good show old chap. of all the drugs he could hate he hate's the one that's less harmful than cigarettes and alcohol? I fail to see the logic