Things you like that everyone else hates.

JaKhajiit

Oct 15, 2008
Final Fantasy 9 and putting furniture together (like, furniture from IKEA that already comes in convenient pieces with directions).

Cyclomega

Jul 28, 2008
TwilightFan182 post=18.74709.843653 said:
Halo 3 was just a giant disappointment all around. Now, back on topic. Things ya like that no one else does. I am a student of language, and as an American, that scares a lot of people. I don't know why, but a lot of Americans see the ability to speak multiple languages as some kind of threat.
I suppose it's because you speak in the foul tongues of godless unwashed heathens, which means you are not a God-fearing Good American...
Besides, it's frightening that they do not use universal words, and that milk is Milch or melk here, moloko there (cyrillic doesn't seem to work, oh well), leche, lait or latte in other barbaric countries, God only knows why they call quarter pound with cheese a cheeseburger... Truly us Europeons are terrifying barbarians... I feel for you.

On some "Christian" messageboard I have read some retard stating that King James's Bible is the real first one, and that English was surely the True language of Christ, Greek, Aramaic and Latin versions must have been translations of English, and Hebrew is surely derived from English...

Droshi

Jun 29, 2008
I like Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job! and almost none of my friends do. I'd consider myself borderline-obsessed, actually.

Let's see... Oh, I like the Windows Classic theme, even on Vista. I never meet anyone who uses it, but I like its look and use it on all my machines.

TwilightFan182

Oct 22, 2008
DiamondJim post=18.74709.843669 said:
Windows Vista? It's shiny...
._.
*throws high five for love of Vista rather than throwing a stone* It took some getting used to, but I actually prefer Vista to XP now that I've gotten into modding.

Xaryn Mar

Sep 17, 2008
DiamondJim post=18.74709.843669 said:
Windows Vista? It's shiny...
._.

On topic: Deuterous (an old game from the Amiga 500 (don't know if it is older still)

Edit: And still likes (and uses) the classic windows theme on my XP

TwilightFan182

Oct 22, 2008
Cyclomega post=18.74709.843687 said:
Halo 3 was just a giant disappointment all around. Now, back on topic. Things ya like that no one else does. I am a student of language, and as an American, that scares a lot of people. I don't know why, but a lot of Americans see the ability to speak multiple languages as some kind of threat.
I suppose it's because you speak in the foul tongues of godless unwashed heathens, which means you are not a God-fearing Good American...
Besides, it's frightening that they do not use universal words, and that milk is Milch or melk here, moloko there (cyrillic doesn't seem to work, oh well), leche, lait or latte in other barbaric countries, God only knows why they call quarter pound with cheese a cheeseburger... Truly us Europeons are terrifying barbarians... I feel for you.

On some "Christian" messageboard I have read some retard stating that King James's Bible is the real first one, and that English was surely the True language of Christ, Greek, Aramaic and Latin versions must have been translations of English, and Hebrew is surely derived from English...
Yes, because France and Germany are totally barbaric backward countries, and the evolution of language through recorded history is in the opposite of every recorded instance. English didn't evovle from a combination of Norweigian and German tounges! It was the other way around because "god" speaks English!

SunoffaBeach

Sep 24, 2008
DOOM III

Don't know if people really hate Doom 3.
I totally love it. It's one of the rare games that I keep playing again and again.
It's also one of the only games that scared the shit out of me.

Cyclomega

Jul 28, 2008
TwilightFan182 post=18.74709.843744 said:
Cyclomega post=18.74709.843687 said:

Yes, because France and Germany are totally barbaric backward countries, and the evolution of language through recorded history is in the opposite of every recorded instance. English didn't evovle from a combination of Norweigian and German tounges! It was the other way around because "god" speaks English!
But of course, and there was no Latin and Normandic French influence when William the Conqueror -well, conquered Britain, noooo, nor were there Gaelics and Welsh... which are also constitutive elements of English... even remotely...
Oh, by the way, shenanigans is either of Irish Gaelic or German origin...

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
Bad Religion.

For some reason, nobody else I know like them. I haven't subjected my parents to them yet, but I'm sure they would at least listen to it.

TwilightFan182

Oct 22, 2008
No More Heroes. I loved that game. It was just such a unique and/or kickass experience. And to this day I curse Suda51 for inventing the legendary NMH "Bitter" mode.

Smoochy

Aug 20, 2008
Yup, the books get me; I like reading books like The Lord of The Rings (including the Silmarillion), the entire Dune-saga, 1984, Dracula, Brave New World.

...and Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy & Discworld :p

k3v1n

Sep 7, 2008
SargentToughie post=18.74709.843523 said:
TwilightFan182 post=18.74709.843517 said:
Please don't nail me to a burning cross or anything for this, but I like having the freedom to say that I DON'T LIKE HALO 2 OR 3. I think Halo 3 is the most over-hyped, mediocre excuse for a shooter I've ever played.
actually, you'll be welcome around here, I think that the open halo fans around here can be counted on one hand

1) me
2) Shatnershaman
3) Ultrajoe
4) qubert4erer

so you see? your opinion is par for the cource around here
don't forget me¡¡-.-

gamebrain89

May 29, 2008
Uncompetative post=18.74709.843632 said:
SargentToughie post=18.74709.843523 said:
TwilightFan182 post=18.74709.843517 said:
Please don't nail me to a burning cross or anything for this, but I like having the freedom to say that I DON'T LIKE HALO 2 OR 3. I think Halo 3 is the most over-hyped, mediocre excuse for a shooter I've ever played.
actually, you'll be welcome around here, I think that the open halo fans around here can be counted on one hand

1) me
2) Shatnershaman
3) Ultrajoe
4) qubert4erer

so you see? your opinion is par for the cource around here
You can add me to that list.

Adored Halo: Combat Evolved. Possibly best game I've played. Halo 2 campaign was a big disappointment. Halo 3 campaign was only ok.

Adore Halo 3 Multiplayer. Even though I'm not very good.
Yes, you can add me onto there as well, I love to play halo with my buddies, especially when we make the whiney little twelve yearold players cry. one stupid kid (on our team) was mooing in to the mike over and over and over, so we team killed him each time we saw him. True we could have muted him, but thats not as much fun.