Things you WISH you could brag about, but you know no one cares about.

Azaraxzealot

Dec 1, 2009
Recently I wrote a program that can pick 3 to 30 letters out of the alphabet and arrange them in a random order (with a capital letter in front) to create random words (usually along the lines of "Psfdbixkorvbnvzhrlojhrqdwivt" or "Orklccvsyxhvvkompxnfbysyih", but it's the principle of the matter). And I also wrote and finished a complete game in C++ in less than 10 hours that actually has many layers of complexity and strategy.

Whenever I feel all clever and excited about figuring out problems in coding or game engines or modding I REALLY wish I could brag to someone, but no one I know cares about it. Not because they don't care about me, but because I can't explain it to them and we both know they wouldn't understand no matter how long I took to explain it.

Is there ever anything that you all do that you wish you could brag to someone about but you know that pretty much no one you know will care?

omicron1

Mar 26, 2008
I made a complete 3D RTS from scratch in a new (to me) engine in just a month, start to finish.

Other than that, no, not really.

Pinkamena

Stuck in a vortex of sexy horses
Jun 27, 2011
My activity on this site. The pick-up line "Hey, wanna come back to my place and check out my post count?" rarely work.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
So... this is basically a brag thread?

Cool, I can run with that. I've completed the National Pokedex on Pokemon Platinum, excluding Manaphy, Deoxys and Celebi who aren't needed, but the only person I know who knows what this means (my best mate Joseph) has achieved the same feat and so there's no bragging to be had :-(

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
I have a Scorpion King 3 poster hanging in my room.

And while I know some people might care about it, apparently the vast majority do not, for reasons I will never understand.

Some might wonder how this is something I did, but let me remind you that I had to buy it, which involved finding one.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
I've read the vast majority of Osamu Tezuka manga series that have been translated into English.

Genocidicles

Sep 13, 2012
I have a massive collection of Nazi paraphernalia.

I'm kidding.

I actually... hmmm. I have nothing to brag about, or at least nothing comes to mind. That's kind of depressing.

Bagged Milk

Jan 5, 2011
uhhhhh... I've beaten portal in 45 minutes. I've beaten 4 of the 7 bosses in I Wanna Be The Guy. I can make a cool farting noise with my hands.

BeeGeenie

May 30, 2012
Everything I've ever done.
Remember, when in doubt: Nobody cares... except your mother... maybe.

yuval152

Jul 6, 2011
I finished alot of the Riddler's riddels in Arkham City.

I'm playing BL2 on solo, which is hard.

Azaraxzealot

Dec 1, 2009
omicron1 said:
I made a complete 3D RTS from scratch in a new (to me) engine in just a month, start to finish.

Other than that, no, not really.
which engine? what language? that kind of code would be very useful to me.

also that seems impressive to me since I've never been able to so much as get something to respond to being clicked on (in a 3D environment when referring to 3D objects, I'm fine with 2D GUIs)

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
JoJo said:

Cool, I can run with that. I've completed the National Pokedex on Pokemon Platinum, excluding Manaphy, Deoxys and Celebi who aren't needed, but the only person I know who knows what this means (my best mate Joseph) has achieved the same feat and so there's no bragging to be had :-(
Do you actually have one of each Pokemon,
or did you evolve them all and no longer have the pre-evolutions?
[sub][sub]Not that I have one of each Pokemon, I was just wondering.[/sub][/sub]

JoJo

Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
Eclpsedragon said:
JoJo said:

Do you actually have one of each Pokemon,
or did you evolve them all and no longer have the pre-evolutions?
[sub][sub]Not that I have one of each Pokemon, I was just wondering.[/sub][/sub]
Generally I just evolved them and no-longer had the pre-evolutions, unless I particularly liked the pre-evolution (like Mudkip for example). It's lead to a funny situation since I uploaded the entire population of my Platinum game onto White where I've got an almost complete White dex... and most of those missing are pre-evolutions. I'll have to get down to some serious breeding when I've got time.

Sticky Squid

Dec 30, 2010
The fact that I remember almost every conversation I have, most people just find it condescending when I mention it.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
JoJo said:

Similarly, I was able to catch rare Pokemon such as Manaphy, Feebas, Darkrai, Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Shamin and, Arceus without using a cheat device. I haven't completed any Pokedex officially but I do have all of the Pokemon that would have completed up to the Jhoto Pokedex because freaking Deoxys and a lack of events giving it away.

JoJo

Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
Shoggoth2588 said:
JoJo said:

Similarly, I was able to catch rare Pokemon such as Manaphy, Feebas, Darkrai, Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Shamin and, Arceus without using a cheat device. I haven't completed any Pokedex officially but I do have all of the Pokemon that would have completed up to the Jhoto Pokedex because freaking Deoxys and a lack of events giving it away.
There are sites like Pokebay where you can offer off pokemon in exchange for other pokemon for direct wi-fi trading, I've found it's a godsend for getting event legendaries that you missed (have traded a spare Jirachi for an Arceus and got a Genesect for Celebi deal in the works...)

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
I have completed i wanna be the guy .

I beat zelda 2 without a walkthrough .

I spent a grand total of 10 years ( by counting the amount of hours ) playing videogames .i am 23 . Incidentally i am addicted to videogames and will go through videogames withdrawl effects if i go more than 24 hours without playing something . Thus i always have a handheld console on me ( i'm serious it's that bad ).

I had anal sex ( with a woman ) before i had vaginal sex ( don't ask ) . We were both virgins .

I learned to read by playing oldschool rpgs , and i can speak old english pretty well .

I slep with a woman 18 years older than me , i was 20 at the time . She is in my top 2 best sex partners.