Things You've Noticed About The Escapist Forums

Grayl

Jun 9, 2009
dwightsteel said:
Just that people are far more inclined to correct bad grammar/spelling then most other forums I've been to.
No they're not...

Oh, and it's "more inclined to correct bad grammar/spelling THAN most other forums", not "THEN most other forums".

Stoic raptor

Jul 19, 2009
the off topic threads are way more interesting than gaming threads, especialy if its involves alcohol stories. this community has very funny stories about them being drunk

Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
B T A M R D said:
TheNumber1Zero said:
if you ask for probation,you get it.literally ask for it
You sometimes get probation for stupid things and one small offence

Don't believe? look

You should consider yourself lucky. Some people get 7 day probations for short posts....or 3 day suspensions.....or 7 day suspensions.

Stoic raptor

Jul 19, 2009
xmetatr0nx said:
Piemaster said:
That despite being a gaming forum the off topic section is far more busy.
speidel28 said:
the off topic threads are way more interesting than gaming threads, especialy if its involves alcohol stories. this community has very funny stories about them being drunk
This, offtopic has all the fun. Its where the party is at around here...if most everyone around here werent so deathly afraid of socializing. Anywho, ive noticed that people here have really silly relationship problems or lack there of. Also people will add you as a friend and never speak one word to you...i try to talk to all the people on my friends list.
true. i added a friend and i never spoke to that friend ever again.

LeWiggster

May 14, 2008
It's filled with a combination of reasonable people and obnoxious manchildren. Take a moment to consider where you lie.

I Stomp on Kittens

Don't let go!
Nov 3, 2008
Internet Kraken said:
B T A M R D said:
TheNumber1Zero said:
if you ask for probation,you get it.literally ask for it
You sometimes get probation for stupid things and one small offence

Don't believe? look

You should consider yourself lucky. Some people get 7 day probations for short posts....or 3 day suspensions.....or 7 day suspensions.

It just pisses me off. Ut Oh are we going off topic? o_O quick hide!!!!!

alygishere

Jun 17, 2008
I noticed that if you are new to te escapist , say less than 200 posts you stand a high chance of being ignored

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
There was a brief upsurge in new users and consequently awful spelling and grammar, but that seems to have subsided, fortunately.

And I've gotten 2 forum warnings since I went Gonzo, so I guess they've taken my metaphorical training-wheels.

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
berethond said:
Cpt_Oblivious said:
I've noticed that punishments for the "First!!1!!one!!1" comments on Zero Punctuation have gone from bans to probations and suspensions.
It's also a really nice place to be.

GodsOneMistake said:
And that I'm still not a common name yet... Damnit -.-
At what stage do you become a common name?
When you sell your soul (4000 posts)
We're there, man. We made it.
I was a common name before I hit 4000 posts...
At least, I hope so!

alygishere said:
I noticed that if you are new to te escapist , say less than 200 posts you stand a high chance of being ignored
Well, one of the thing I've noticed is that these forums feel more like a bunch of rooms with people chatting in them. This includes a greater sense of reward than typical online chats. The thing is, Alygishere, if you're new, and you don't have anything striking and characterizing, we don't have a personality to pair with your post, and it feels more like writing without a person behind it. Your posts aren't invalidated by it, its just that they will gain more emotional clout as we better get to know you.

Kuchinawa212

Apr 23, 2009
How people make this a much better forum then other ones I used to go to.

And how the mods are firm but fair. And I love them for it!

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
poncho14 said:
My grammar has vastly improved since i've been here:) (I still have a habbit of using smiley faces though )
It's "habit".

I'm sorry. Don't kill me.

NeutralMunchHotel

Jun 14, 2009
Erana said:
berethond said:
Cpt_Oblivious said:
I've noticed that punishments for the "First!!1!!one!!1" comments on Zero Punctuation have gone from bans to probations and suspensions.
It's also a really nice place to be.

GodsOneMistake said:
And that I'm still not a common name yet... Damnit -.-
At what stage do you become a common name?
When you sell your soul (4000 posts)
We're there, man. We made it.
I was a common name before I hit 4000 posts...
At least, I hope so!

alygishere said:
Well, one of the thing I've noticed is that these forums feel more like a bunch of rooms with people chatting in them. This includes a greater sense of reward than typical online chats. The thing is, Alygishere, if you're new, and you don't have anything striking and characterizing, we don't have a personality to pair with your post, and it feels more like writing without a person behind it. Your posts aren't invalidated by it, its just that they will gain more emotional clout as we better get to know you.
Wait... is your avatar Refia? From Final Fantasy III? It would seem as though you're the only other person that I've met who's played it.

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
sm0kybac0n said:
1) There is a great diversity here; people from all sorts of backgrounds, countries, religions, ages, races... You name it, we've probably got some.

2) No-one seems to notice that the good Captain's name is OBLIVIOUS not Obvious. One of those tricks of the eye perhaps...
Wait..No. That cannot be. I'm checking that. Will be right back.

Edit: Crap. It IS Oblivious.

Lord George

Aug 25, 2008
matnatz said:
I've noticed that no matter what I write, no-body ever replies. I'm like the unwanted child of the Escapist.
I was torn between the deliciousness of seeing you get ignored while writing about being ignored and giving you a hug. Awwwww *hugs matnatz*.