Thinkin' Lincoln

Bbleds

Sep 6, 2011
I know everyone is having some great political discussions, but I am going to take a quick break and just say how excited I am for this movie. In a day and age when most movies are defined by their marketing (well I guess ones not done that well) it is very refreshing to see a movie that seems it was goading those who love the "oscar bait" into something that is completely different than what was expected. I will not deny that I am no fan of the those type of movies. From the way they will take a "true" story and seem to tout it as fact and a quick bit of research shows many, many aspects were distorted or just completely fabricated. To when I ask those who liked it what was so entertaining the main response I almost always received was, "It is just a good movie." What does that even mean; was it well written characters, interesting plot devices, or excitement? No, it seems like a movie that they felt compelled to see because of a quasi-historical event or person tugging at their heart strings with their supposed accomplishments. Of course that is just my opinion, and there are many exceptions to the rule (or my understanding of some existing rule). I will be off that soapbox now, and be happy that I came across this article that let me know of the truth behind this movie I would have passed up because I myself fell for the marketing too.

iblis666

Sep 8, 2008
still dont know why we are making another lincoln movie when the best portrayal of lincoln has already been made, Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter and even is accurate in its portrayal of the south as blood thirsty monsters.

onisaur

Nov 12, 2012
Fellow marfanoid(FBN1) here, like Lincoln(MEN2B). Can't wait to see how Spielberg utilizes his stature for presence. I appreciate Day-Lewis, but for facial structure, height, bone symmetry, and by far most importantly voice, I wish he'd used Bill Nye.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
Scorpid said:
The Wire: 1864? I can dig it.
I was thinking more like the West Wing. If Bradley Whitford has a role in this film I might have to see it.