Thinking about creating a blog

SuperScrub

May 3, 2012
Hi, geeks and freaks of all ages and genders. I'm thinking about opening an online blog to talk about all things gaming and maybe a few things on my mind that I need to get out of my mind. But the problem is, I have no idea where to start. Which is why I'm asking you guys to give any tips to an aspiring blogger and topics I could cover on my blog. Any help would be appreciated.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
While you couldn't advertise your blog here if you wanted to get an audience, I can tell you can use services like blogger [http://www.blogger.com] which you can sign into if you have a Google account. That's what I use anyway although my blog just sits and collects dust.

Topics are up to you really. People will decide to read it or not, I'm not the guy to ask on how to get an audience for your muses. Find something you're really passionate about in gaming and put a lot of thought into your posts and you might get a following. Just have fun with it.

Good luck.

[sub][sub][sub]*looks at blog and watches tumbleweeds flying around*[/sub][/sub][/sub]

Gamer_152

Mar 3, 2011
There's plenty of sites out there that give good tips for new bloggers, but my number one tip would just be practise writing. Doing it early and often is the only way you're going to get better at it. As for topics, I think if you're passionate about what you do and really want to be a blogger, you should probably have a fair few ideas of your own for topics. You've got to write about what you want to write about.