Thinking about trading in/selling my PS3, to get Wii...

Wolfy4226

Sep 22, 2009
I haven't played my PS3 since may or june, and now it's just collecting dust. Any game that comes out for it also comes out on the 360, and all of my friends are on 360 anyway, and I don't foresee any games that I would want coming out for it in the future, aside from Littlebigplanet 2 and FFVerusXII.

So what do you think, should I trade it in and just get a Wii? Right now, the Wii has more games that I want to play, such as No more Heroes 2, Tales of Symphonia, and others. :/

tijuanatim

Sep 24, 2008
One thing to keep in mind is that Wii doesn't play DVDs & Blu-Ray.

But if you already have a DVD/Blu-Ray player I say go for it. The last game I played on my PS3 was Heavy Rain when it first came out. Now it's exclusively being used to play Blu-Rays.

Wolfy4226

Sep 22, 2009
I already have a Blue-ray player with my computer, and my 360 plays DVD's. :/

And as for Kinect, I'm not sure about that, either. I don't even know if the room my 360 is in is large enough to accomodate it, and I don't know right now how long it will be supported/get support from developers.

Iggy Rufflebar

Mar 26, 2008
look dude give it a month and the wii will be in the same state as your ps3, instead of wasting money why not just save it and buy something you will need, like a house.

if all else fails stock market.

KEM10

Oct 22, 2008
Escapist pro tip: Everyone here hates the Wii.

I would say it could be a good idea, but it depends on how much you think you will use the Wii and use it for what it's good for (party games and an emulator for NES and SNES games). Also, if you do get it for a party system, Wario Ware is a must.

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
Seeing how you have a 360, I say go for it. I personally have a Wii and PS3. Some problems with the Wii, however:
1: Online service is terrible. At least for gameplay.
2: BEWARE TEH SHOVELWARE! Seriously, stick with the first party games or very highly recomended 3rd party games.

But I think the pros outweigh the cons.
1: Shop channel, great if you like retro games. Trust me, best part of the Wii online service
2: First party games are awesome, as well as certain third party games.
3: Great for multiplayer, as long as it's not online.
4: Some good titles coming up.

mrm5561

Apr 27, 2010
well a no more heroes game is coming out for the ps3, but if you really want to go that route the wii has about 10 games that are really good out of a million that they release

Alakaizer

Aug 1, 2008
I would not trade in a PS3 for a Wii, I'd try to find a way to get both. There are a bunch of good Sony exclusives, and I heard that they are porting No More Heroes to the Move. So take that into consideration, some of the Wii exclusives may be making it to the PS3 anyways. But definitely get a Wii also for the good Wii exclusives and that it's the only system of the three with complete backwards compatibility with its predecessor.

Sinclair Solutions

Jul 22, 2010
Well, have you played every exclusive for the PS3? Killzone, God of War, Uncharted, and shit like that? I think you should at least try those before you give it away. No More Heroes 1 (the better game) is coming to PS3 soon. Also, DC Universe Online is coming to PS3. I say stick with the PS3 for a little while longer. See, I have the exact opposite conundrum as you. I want to trade in my Wii for the PS3. I don't have the shopping channel, and that makes you realize how shitty the Wii's game library is. Plus, when you compare the PS3 to the Wii in graphics and controls, the PS3 is far superior. The Wii's controls are finicky as hell. They really range from "Average" to "Oh my God, what am I supposed to do; I want to eat my Wiimote", depending on the game.

wulfy42

Jan 29, 2009
Don't trade it in period unless you sell it to someone directly for a decent price it's not worth it. Trade values suck on game machines.

As far as the systems themselves. I have about 30-40 good games on my Wii, and a good 20 or so Ps3 exclusive games as well.

I like RPG's and Platform games (and especially combo's) though.

This list of PS3 games is too long to run through but quick highlights.

The Ratchet and Clank Games
Demon souls (almost worth having a PS3 for all by itself)
Infamous (and soon part 2)
Uncharted 1 and 2 (and soon 3)
3d dot heros
Disgaea games
FF13
GoW 3
GoW compilation
Heavy Rain
Little Big Planet (And soon part 2)
Resistance FoM 1 & 2

There are of course other good Ps3 exclusive games, and quite a few I prefer on the Ps3 to the xbox 360. For me though it's an easy choice since I don't pay for Xbox live....so I play all my online games for free through my ps3. I use the xbox 360 mostly for exclusives or if a game is on sale only for the xbox.

The Wii though is a great system and you can get a used one fairly cheap right now. If you use craigslist etc you can get a used Wii for less then $100 at this point (Ebay not so much do to S&H etc...might as well get a new one at that point). The Wii has tons of party games, light gun games, some really great platform games and a decent selection of RPG games as well. The list is way to long for that system, and sadly you have already missed out on some of the best deals I have ever seen on Wii games. My library of Wii games went from around 20 to around 50 over the last 3 weeks, with almost all the games (No more heroe's 2, Red Steel 2, Mushroom Men etc) costing $10 or less (some only $5 because of %50 of the second game deals).

To list the games I got would take to long but a quick list:

Shiren
Kings story
Tales of Symphonia
Muramasa
Dragon quest Swords
chocobo dungeon
punch out
House of the dead overkill
Resident evil 4
Resident evil umbrella chronicles
Metroid prime 3
Metroid other M
Mario Kart
Sin & punishment
Mad World

Just a few examples. There may still be deals going on at places like Toys are us (They had some woppers) and Amazon seems to have them fairly regularly. Walmart also had some great deals. Now would be the time to pick things up if you can. A Wii system is a great investment if you have money to pick up a bunch of games for $10 or so right now...were talking thousands of hours of games.

Don't trade in y our Ps3 though...keep it. If you don't have the money for now then you won't have the money to buy games anyway. If you do have money for games, but them now and save up for the system later....(buying them at $10 etc) as the price won't get lower then that and you can just wait to have the system you need. Look for a good deal from a friend or someone who lives near you on craigslist and you'll be set:)

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
Two words: Virtual Console.

And the Wii still has some good exclusives, most of them just came out in '07-08 or this year.

Au Naturel.

Apr 4, 2010
Wolfy4226 said:
I haven't played my PS3 since may or june, and now it's just collecting dust. Any game that comes out for it also comes out on the 360, and all of my friends are on 360 anyway, and I don't foresee any games that I would want coming out for it in the future, aside from Littlebigplanet 2 and FFVerusXII.

So what do you think, should I trade it in and just get a Wii? Right now, the Wii has more games that I want to play, such as No more Heroes 2, Tales of Symphonia, and others. :/
Well guy, No More Heroes 1 and 2 are both fantastic games! Really good use of the motion controls, same for MadWorld. The Wii has alot of really good games that you should play. I understand your situation, and frankly, unless you care for exclusives on the PS3 or imported games, I say get a Wii.

Manji187

Jan 29, 2009
Wolfy4226 said:
I hear Hironobu Sakaguchi will be releasing an RPG called "The Last Story" for the Wii...and only the Wii.

And then there's the virtual console...and backward compatibility with Gamecube games.

linkvegeta

Dec 18, 2010
if you want a wii because it has more game that you want to play then i say do it, dont let any fanboys tell you different, while the wii is not the best it surely has some great games, also the virtual console is great. I would say do it, i own all 3 consoles and ps3 is the least used and what i do use it for is ps2 games and boy do i love ps2 games, too bad they dont have anything i like for the ps3. Its really all left to personal preference.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Unkillable Cat said:
If your bored of the PS3 trade it for a Kinect not a Wii. You will get bored very quickly with its very limited library. If you can rent or borrow one I would recomend that as a definate option.
That is a matter of opinion. I could say that the 360 has only 1 game, because the only game on there that I'd have any interest in is Dead Rising. Oh, wait... Dead Rising 2 is multiplatform. My bad, 360 has zero games ([small]that I have any interest in[/small]).

I'd say just get Move. I thought I heard something about No More Heroes being multiplatform in the future. If you are bored with a PS3, chances are you will probably get bored with a 360, too, unless you like Halo.

Delusibeta

Reachin' out...
Mar 7, 2010
Manji187 said:
And then there's the virtual console...and backward compatibility with Gamecube games.
And do note, when Nintendo does backwards compatibility, they mean backwards compatibility. No faffing around with emulators and hoping that you bought the right version of the console, just plug in your GameCube controller & memory card in the top and put in your GameCube game. If you missed out on the GameCube, I would recommend getting yourself acquainted with some of it's exclusives.

Virtual Console was somewhat of a disappointment for me, but for someone who's new to the Wii there's more than enough gold on there to be getting on with.