Thinking of getting a ps2

LegsyWegsy

Jan 31, 2008
Ever since my ps2 bricked on me several years back i feel ive missed out on some games and so im considering buying a new ps2 and some games i missed out on
however i dont know whether i should go through with it
recommend me some good games for the ps2 and ill see if its worth it

DarkHourPrince

May 12, 2010
Do it. The PS2 is one of the best systems in my opinion, it has alot to offer and you can still play classic PS games.
Now as far as recommendations, that depends on what you play.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Final Fantasy X
Metal Gear Solid 2/3
Ratchet and Clank (Series)
GTA (Series)
TimeSplitters 2/Future Perfect
God of War 1/2

SwimmingRock

Nov 11, 2009
Persona and Shadow of Destiny, if you like your games weird and story-driven. Final Fantasy X and Disgaea have already been mentioned, but you really, seriously, need to get those.

dbungus2000

Apr 12, 2010
Viewtiful Joe! I totally missed out on that gem, and of course the metal gears that marter mentioned. For a fighting game, I really enjoyed Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3, oh and dont forget the devil may cry's

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
do it, man. They're cheap enough; my sister got one and touch my Tekken tag without asking THE COMPLETE ****.

Whatever, I'm over it now.

[sub]*picks up knife*[/sub]

There's some great games for it, most you can pick up cheap as well.

JokerCrowe

Nov 12, 2009
YAY! you really should do it! DOIT! DOIT NAOW!
As for games:
Shadow of the Colossus
Ratchet and Clank (all 4)
Beyond Good & Evil
TimeSplitters 2 and Future Perfect
Psychonauts
possibly Splinter Cell (if you like that kind of game)

And probably a lot more that I haven't mentioned. :p

JuryNelson

Mar 3, 2010
this is like the ninth thread like this I've seen.

There are a LOT of good games for the PS2. If you are considering getting one, you could pretty much buy anything in the $9.99-$14.99 range and not be disappointed.

That said?

The Sly Cooper and Jak & Daxter series do a great job showing off how far the PS2 really brought videogaming. Each series' first installment is more or less Mario 64, with a bunch of collection and fetch quests. As they grew up, though, Sly got more into team-based spy/stealth and Jak & Daxter became a kind of sci-fi, alternate universe GTA. Just Rad.

If you were into JRPGs, you'd own the PS2 already. Because it is still effing heaven for those dudes. Persona, Final Fantasy, Disgaea, Rogue Galaxy? if you're into looking at overdesigned characters and waiting your turn , look no further.

It was/is also single player combat-heavy wonderland. Prince of Persia, Resident Evil 4 (Port, but whatever.) Devil May Cry (I didn't care about it at all, but tons of people did, so there you go.)

Did I just write 200 words after implying that there was nothing more to say on the subject? Yes.

If you have an extra sixty bucks and no current-gen games you want to buy, AND you don't care about multi player, AND you want to feel like your gaming collection is complete, AND/OR you want to take an academic view at your chosen form of leisure, you should not be without a PS2.

Or you could just find a backwards compatible PS3. but beware. Those things are like nerd bait on craigslist. I met so many robots trying to buy mine.

Discord

Monk of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2009
Oh yeah with out a doubt! Was going to get rid of mine until I found out that PS3 was geting rid of there PS2 backward compatiblity. Hell I might get one of those mini PSones if I can find it.

Would mention games but everyone above me got that covered....

Wait!!!! I don't see Okami!

TerribleAssassin

Apr 11, 2010
Maybe start off with a light dosage of Fallout: BoS then move up to MoH: Rising Sun.

They're just a few good games off the top of my head!

Enemy Of The State

May 31, 2010
Go for it, and pick up a copy of Ratchet and Clank 3.

No really, its awesome :D

EDIT: Ninja'd on the RAC series but that goes to show how good it is.

sephiroth1991

Dec 3, 2009
Yeah PS2s are great, mine still works even thou it's dusty, battered and has been move around more times than a indecisive Hobo.

Get the Silent hill games and what ever other people have said.

vato_loco

May 24, 2010
Get it, really. There are more than enough awesome games to keep you entertained for hours. Hell, finishing all of Disgaea takes around 300 hours...

Then, you have:

- Shadow of the Colossus.
- God of War I and II.
- Shin Megami Tensei series (Devil Summoner, Digital Devil Saga, Persona 3, Persona 4).
- Xenosaga Episodes I, II and III.
- Silent Hill 1, 2, 3, 4 and Origins (although you can skip that last one...).
- Resident Evil Code Veronica X and 4.
- Odin Sphere.
- Ökami.
- God Hand.
- Devil May Cry 1, 2 and 3.
- Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3.
- Prince of Persia (I think all three of them are for PS2).
- Rogue Galaxy.

And SO many others...